Page 301 of 807 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401801 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Initial reports of a shooting in the Minneapolis area. According to the article below and the girlfriend who posted the video, man shot is a CCW license holder who works for a local school district and has no criminal record.

The girlfriend reports he informed the officer he was armed because he is a CCW license holder and the officer shot him as he was putting his hands up but the officer is heard on video saying the man reached for "it".

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Is MN a mandatory notification state for CCW license holders when stopped by the police?

Aftermath of officer-involved shooting captured on phone video
    In video, woman says man shot for 'no reason at all' in Falcon Heights

http://www.startribune.com/aftermath...deo/385789251/
    That one does not look good...

edit: and no, no duty to inform.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 07-07-2016 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Initial reports of a shooting in the Minneapolis area. According to the article below and the girlfriend who posted the video, man shot is a CCW license holder who works for a local school district and has no criminal record.

The girlfriend reports he informed the officer he was armed because he is a CCW license holder and the officer shot him as he was putting his hands up but the officer is heard on video saying the man reached for "it".

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Is MN a mandatory notification state for CCW license holders when stopped by the police?

Aftermath of officer-involved shooting captured on phone video
    In video, woman says man shot for 'no reason at all' in Falcon Heights

http://www.startribune.com/aftermath...deo/385789251/
    My first thought when I saw this on the news was, "Your boyfriend just got shot and is checking out, cop still has him/you at gunpoint, and the first thing you do is live stream to FaceBook?" WTF?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    My first thought when I saw this on the news was, "Your boyfriend just got shot and is checking out, cop still has him/you at gunpoint, and the first thing you do is live stream to FaceBook?" WTF?
    Preserving evidence.

Initially looks like fear biting, base on very incomplete, aftermath-only video.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Preserving evidence.
    What evidence?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I'll be following this one closely. I live *very close* to that part of Falcon Heights. It's a little town fully surrounded by St Paul and the northeast section of Minneapolis, and the site of the State Fairgrounds- unusually for fairgrounds, a pretty safe middle class sort of neighborhood. The University of Minnesota's St Paul Ag Science Campus is right there, too.

It seems pretty much any interaction with the police is suspect with this particular local branch of BLM, though I agree that the circumstances look bad from what I've seen so far.
    BLM here in St Paul are power-seeking as their main motive. Everything seems to be about dictating terms.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 07-07-2016 at 08:39 AM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Preserving evidence.

Initially looks like fear biting, base on very incomplete, aftermath-only video.
    I see a cop with gun drawn, a dying guy, and a woman taking video. If we had no audio it would be a moving Rorschach test. Did the cop shoot him? Or did the cop respond to a shooting call? Mind you I'm not arguing one way or another on this one. We need a lot more info to make a call.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    That's some Raylan Givens style stuff right there.
    I would have went with a Longmire reference, Douglas is petty close to Absaroka County. lol
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Preserving evidence.

Well, this is interesting. I belong to a FB neighborhood group, and several of the folks on it knew this guy- he supervised their kids' school cafeteria. Several have interacted with him socially.
    Yeh, there are a lot of SJW types hereabouts, and more than a few BLM abettors and such, but some decent judges of character, too.
    I also hope the officers involved were wearing body cameras.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    It's my understanding that body cams have not been issued to that department.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Well, this is interesting. I belong to a FB neighborhood group, and several of the folks on it knew this guy- he supervised their kids' school cafeteria. Several have interacted with him socially.
    Yeh, there are a lot of SJW types hereabouts, and more than a few BLM abettors and such, but some decent judges of character, too.
    Interesting. What is your neighborhood like, if I may ask? I actually used to live in Minn. for a couple years but never spent much time in the Twin Cities.

User Tag List