Page 300 of 807 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400800 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 8067

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    That's some suboptimal decision making, right there.
    A more prudent course of action might have been calling DPS with a vehicle description and direction of travel. I don't see this ending well for either of the two individuals involved.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 06-30-2016 at 08:30 PM.

I'm still saying it's going to come out as a drug deal.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Another example of the chaotic dynamics of domestic quarrels and why intervening in them is a bad idea.

Suspect fires at Ft. Hood soldiers in New Braunfels park, police say

NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas -- Police investigated shots fired overnight Monday at a popular Fourth of July destination, New Braunfels' Prince Solms Park.

Soldiers reportedly intervened in an altercation between a couple at the park leading up to the shooting.

Seven soldiers from Fort Hood told officers they arrived at the park shortly after 1 a.m.

They said they had witnessed a disturbance between a male and female in a parking lot, and they said they intervened. They said they believed they had deescalated the situation and began to walk back to their vehicle.

Police said the other male and female involved are boyfriend and girlfriend. As the soldiers started to leave, they said the woman ran to her boyfriend's truck and pulled out a handgun.

She handed it to her boyfriend, and the soldiers told police he began firing the weapon.

One of the soldiers said he began firing his own weapon, describing it as "cover fire" so his fellow soldiers could get away.

Police said the shooter fired a total of 19 rounds from his handgun. The soldier fired seven rounds and struck the suspect in his right elbow, according to police.
    http://www.kens5.com/news/shots-fire...-say/263151510

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Another example of the chaotic dynamics of domestic quarrels and why intervening in them is a bad idea.

Suspect fires at Ft. Hood soldiers in New Braunfels park, police say

http://www.kens5.com/news/shots-fire...-say/263151510
    Glad the soldiers weren't hurt and one had his own gun, can only imagine how things might've gone otherwise. I imagine their mindset was "There's 7 of us, we can handle this". But they forgot to factor in the crazy that can come with domestics for sure.

Just can't stick your neck out for anyone these days, even if they appear to be the victim.

On the 19 rounds fired by the shooter, I wonder if he reloaded or had a magazine holding that many rounds. Seems he was pretty adamant about trying to kill these boys.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Anyone have further details on this?

Apparently U.S. Marshals attempted to arrest a fugitive at his fathers funeral in Douglas, WY, resulting in the fugitive being shot and killed. The suspect was wanted for distribution of Meth, armed drug trafficking and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

A WY Highway Patrol Trooper was involved in a vehicle accident and injured while responding to the scene of the shooting.

A man in his mid-40s was shot and killed by law enforcement following his father's funeral outside of a church Thursday afternoon, according to local police and witnesses at the scene.
    July 1, 2016 • 1:48 p.m.

Press Release from U.S. Marshals Service's Office:

“On Thursday, June 30, Deputy U.S. Marshals were involved in a line-of-duty shooting incident in Converse County, WY, while attempting to apprehend fugitive Jasen Scott Ramirez, who was wanted on drug charges. During the attempted arrest, Ramirez was shot. He was immediately transported to a local medical facility where he later died of his injuries. No law enforcement officers were injured. The Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigations is the lead investigative agency for this incident. As a matter of policy, the Marshals Service will not release the names of deputy marshals involved in shooting incidents until the conclusion of all investigations surrounding the incident. As this is an ongoing investigation, we cannot provide further comment.”
    At the time of the officer-involved shooting, a Wyoming Highway Patrol trooper was heading to the scene in Douglas when he crashed with another vehicle around Glenrock, according to Sgt. David Wagener, a WHP spokesman.

The crash happened at 2:30 p.m. on U.S. Highway 20/26, east of Glenrock, according to Wagener.

The trooper and another person were taken to the hospital with what appeared to be non-life-threatening conditions, according to law enforcement.

http://www.douglas-budget.com/news/a....html?mode=jqm

The Arrest Warrant:
    http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...c84352.pdf.pdf

Last I checked, Utah was paying a $50 bounty on a coyote:

http://www.dailynews.com/environment...niper-shooting
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Anyone have further details on this?

Apparently U.S. Marshals attempted to arrest a fugitive at his fathers funeral in Douglas, WY, resulting in the fugitive being shot and killed. The suspect was wanted for distribution of Meth, armed drug trafficking and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

A WY Highway Patrol Trooper was involved in a vehicle accident and injured while responding to the scene of the shooting.

http://www.douglas-budget.com/news/a....html?mode=jqm

The Arrest Warrant:
    http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...c84352.pdf.pdf
    That's some Raylan Givens style stuff right there.
    Last edited by AMC; 07-06-2016 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Last I checked, Utah was paying a $50 bounty on a coyote:

http://www.dailynews.com/environment...niper-shooting
    “The shooting of this coyote in a residential Los Angeles neighborhood is not only illegal, but also an act of animal cruelty putting people and other animals in danger,” said Camilla Fox, founder and executive director of Project Coyote, in a news release. “Such reckless and dangerous behavior should not be tolerated.”
    I dunno, man. If the 'yote truly got sniped and from a distance, give the shooter some style points.
    Not that I advocate killing anything unless necessary.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Deadly CHP shooting raises concerns about officers opening fire at moving vehicles

The officers’ decision to fire at a moving car also drew scrutiny from law enforcement experts, who said many police agencies, including San Francisco, Chicago and Denver, forbid officers from shooting at vehicles moving toward them. Most of those agencies direct officers to try to get out of the way of a vehicle, unless those inside are attempting to use another form of deadly force against the officers, such as shooting at them. Chuck Wexler, executive director of the Washington, D.C.-based Police Executive Research Forum, said shootings like the one in Fullerton have been considered tactically unsound since the 1970s. Policies prohibiting officers from shooting at moving vehicles have been criticized by other force experts. David G. Bolgiano, a former Baltimore police officer who now works as an attorney specializing in force cases, co-wrote a paper that called such policies "completely out of touch with the realities of deadly assaults on police or innocent citizens.”
    http://www.latimes.com/local/califor...nap-story.html

Site Supporter
    Initial reports of a shooting in the Minneapolis area. According to the article below and the girlfriend who posted the video, man shot is a CCW license holder who works for a local school district and has no criminal record.

The girlfriend reports he informed the officer he was armed because he is a CCW license holder and the officer shot him as he was putting his hands up but the officer is heard on video saying the man reached for "it".

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Is MN a mandatory notification state for CCW license holders when stopped by the police?

Aftermath of officer-involved shooting captured on phone video
    In video, woman says man shot for 'no reason at all' in Falcon Heights

The girlfriend says the officer “asked him for license and registration. He told him that it was in his wallet, but he had a pistol on him because he’s licensed to carry. The officer said don’t move. As he was putting his hands back up, the officer shot him in the arm four or five times.”

The video shows a uniformed police officer holding a pistol on the couple from outside the car. The officer can be heard to say, “I told him not to reach for it. I told him to get his hand out.”
    The 10-minute video shows the girlfriend being ordered from her car by several police officers, one of whom is holding a girl, presumed to be the girlfriend’s 4-year-old daughter. The woman was put in the back of a squad car in handcuffs.

“Please don’t tell me my boyfriend’s gone,” the girlfriend pleads. ”He don’t deserve this, please. He works for St. Paul Public Schools. He’s never been in jail, anything. He’s not a gang member, anything.”
    http://www.startribune.com/aftermath...deo/385789251/
    Last edited by HCM; 07-07-2016 at 12:30 AM.

User Tag List