Page 266 of 807 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366766 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 8069

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Police have responded to reports of shots fired at the East Towne Mall in Madison, Wis.

More on this story: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/19...-wis-mall.html
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter
    http://wjhl.com/2015/12/18/carter-co...he-head-twice/

Carter County TN Sheriffs Deputy shot twice in the head with AK rounds - anyone have more details on this one?

A good reminder head shot does not always = brain/ CNS shot.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    http://wjhl.com/2015/12/18/carter-co...he-head-twice/

Carter County TN Sheriffs Deputy shot twice in the head with AK rounds - anyone have more details on this one?

A good reminder head shot does not always = brain/ CNS shot.
    I work in a neighboring city. I got called out with our SWAT team, and we got our armored vehicles, as we thought we would be doing a rescue. We ended up not responding, and their team took care of it.

Is there anything specific you want to know? It was a cluster.

It's not being reported, but a civilian in a pick-up truck drove in between the injured deputy and the gunfire, scooped her up in his truck, and drove her a few miles down the road to the airport where she was flown to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

It's not being reported, but a civilian in a pick-up truck drove in between the injured deputy and the gunfire, scooped her up in his truck, and drove her a few miles down the road to the airport where she was flown to the hospital.
    Nice. That takes big ones. Hopefully they recognize him publicly for what he did (unless he wants to remain anonymous).
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    I work in a neighboring city. I got called out with our SWAT team, and we got our armored vehicles, as we thought we would be doing a rescue. We ended up not responding, and their team took care of it.

Wow. Good on the Civilian and good on the Deputy.

I only saw the one wound on her face - wondering where the second one was ? Also. Since they were rifle rounds, were they direct shots or did the rounds pass through a barrier first ? I was wondering as I know 7.62x39 chews through cars fairly easily.

They're thinking that at least one of the rounds, the one that hit her under the eye, passed through a vehicle first (their cars got shot up pretty bad). The other round that hit her was on the same side of her head; it went between skin and bone and exited out the rear of her head. None of the rounds penetrated her skull, but they did fracture it. She posted on Facebook that she will have to have plastic surgery to fix some of the damage.

Site Supporter
    They're thinking that at least one of the rounds, the one that hit her under the eye, passed through a vehicle first (their cars got shot up pretty bad). The other round that hit her was on the same side of her head; it went between skin and bone and exited out the rear of her head. None of the rounds penetrated her skull, but they did fracture it. She posted on Facebook that she will have to have plastic surgery to fix some of the damage.
    I've heard of that happening with pistol rounds (going between skin and bone) but not rifle rounds. As a youngster, I worked with a gentleman medically retired from the NYC Transit PD. He shot a robbery suspect with a 38 special 158 grain +P lead SWC solid. The round passed through the suspect, ricocheted off the interior of the subway car, and struck him in the forehead. It went under the skin, traveled about halfway around his skull between the skin and bone and came to rest at the back of his skull.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Police have responded to reports of shots fired at the East Towne Mall in Madison, Wis.

More on this story: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/19...-wis-mall.html
    Consensus so far is that it was a local dustup that just happened to be at a mall.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Consensus so far is that it was a local dustup that just happened to be at a mall.
    I've been meaning to post about this again simply because this story just died very very quickly because it obviously didn't fit the narrative of TERRORISM!

Very much like Obama's comment that he didn't know how fearful the public was of terrorism cuz he wasn't watching cable news networks. That story died quickly too, once they found out how badly that sounded.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I've heard of that happening with pistol rounds (going between skin and bone) but not rifle rounds. As a youngster, I worked with a gentleman medically retired from the NYC Transit PD. He shot a robbery suspect with a 38 special 158 grain +P lead SWC solid. The round passed through the suspect, ricocheted off the interior of the subway car, and struck him in the forehead. It went under the skin, traveled about halfway around his skull between the skin and bone and came to rest at the back of his skull.
    I know two people who were hit in the orbital with AK rounds. In both cases the round followed the contour of the bone and exited near the ear. One suffered hearing loss as a result but otherwise, both recovered fine.
    C Class shooter.

User Tag List