Page 264 of 803 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364764 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 8026

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Police shoot and kill heavily armed man in Walmart. (East Stroudsburg, PA)

Authorities say he walked into the store with two handguns and a machete around 10 p.m. He then began pointing a gun at customers.

When officers from Stroud Area Regional Police entered Walmart, the man started pointing a gun at them. That’s when officers shot at the gunman, hitting him in the chest area.
    Fist Bump to the Stroud Area Regional PD.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 12-13-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    Paradise, CA police shooting of Andrew Thomas. It looks like he draws his gun with finger on the trigger at 1:08 and lets off a round (unintentionally), then proceeds to try to find the brass.
    That video needs to go into one of Nyeti's threads on pointing guns at people.
    Perfect example of what can (and will eventually) happen if you lack officer presence and get in the habit of pointing a gun to add gravitas to your commands.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

So the actual shooting may not fall under the definition of criminal, but not telling anyone and leaving him there shot, sounds like that would be?

Site Supporter
    File under: Never bring a toy gun to a Texas robbery.

Alleged robber in critical condition after victim shoots him in Houston

Officers say four people were leaving work at a nearby club this morning when three men pulled up in a white car.

Witnesses tell police at least two of those men had guns drawn.

As the suspects were taking one of the victim's purses, one of the workers reached into his own car, pulled out a gun and began shooting.

It turns out at least one of those suspects was carrying a toy gun.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...urder-mystery/

Axe-wielding wacko shot and people still blame police!?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post

I'd hate to point out the obvious, but brandishing an axe and then smashing things with said axe would promptly bring force multipliers into the equation. Charlie Brown may have been what he once was, but obviously he was hiding some deeper issue or had a cocktail to help him along...
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post

Anything that interferes with the attractiveness of a university and therefore threatens the bottom line at the university is "bad". Any actors who interfere with the attractiveness of the university and therefore threaten the bottom line are "bad", regardless of position/justification. Clear? I wonder if this will go in various politician's stats on "school shootings". My comments above are reflective of the business climate at many/most institutions of higher learning in the US. Pointing out a fact as I see it is in no way meant to minimize the enormous personal tragedy that this kid, and by extension, his family and the wider community had to endure. But, yeah, the viewpoint pushed will be "cop needlessly kills student" because that is the spin of least resistance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    I'd hate to point out the obvious, but brandishing an axe and then smashing things with said axe would promptly bring force multipliers into the equation. Charlie Brown may have been what he once was, but obviously he was hiding some deeper issue or had a cocktail to help him along...
    Apparently he turned 21 yesterday.

Was probably drinking tequila. Tequila makes me want to axe something too. I avoid tequila. Heck, I avoid Mexico.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Was probably drinking tequila. Tequila makes me want to axe something too. I avoid tequila. Heck, I avoid Mexico.
    After my last tequila bender... Mexico avoids me.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    After my last tequila bender... Mexico avoids me.
    I've been to ECQC with Jody enough times to know this to be a true statement of the facts.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List