Page 263 of 807 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363763 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    ... don't confuse that with #GJM, cuz he can already take care of himself [emoji12]
    I think of all the members on here, GJM and his wife have the highest likelihood of being eaten by wildlife.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I think of all the members on here, GJM and his wife have the highest likelihood of being eaten by wildlife.
    I stand corrected [emoji53]
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter
    Woman Who Shot at Home Depot Shoplifters Vows to Never Help Anyone Again

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/12/us...in.html?ref=us

Defense said she was a sharpshooter. Ok, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Hey, I was assaulted by a ninja bunny in my yard once. He didn't try to eat me though, for which I'm quite happy. It would have been hard to defend myself when laughing so hard,

Site Supporter
    Florida Deputy Indicted in 2013 Killing of Man Holding an Air Rifle

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/12/us...air-rifle.html

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Florida Deputy Indicted in 2013 Killing of Man Holding an Air Rifle

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/12/us...air-rifle.html
    From 2013?

Why were they sitting on it?

Sounds like that DA waited for the right political climate in the country to do this.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Woman Who Shot at Home Depot Shoplifters Vows to Never Help Anyone Again

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/12/us...in.html?ref=us
    If that's her idea of charity, we're all better off.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    No shots fired, but Perp and at least one Samaritan were armed.

Good Samaritans follow, tackle robber in Best Buy parking lot

Cesar apparently took off on foot with the victim's purse and Ortiz followed her on his motorcycle. "Right when I come up on the suspect, she turns and faces me, sticks the gun up and I jumped off my bike."

Ortiz had one hand on his own gun, which he is licensed to carry, when he was caught off guard by another Good Samaritan.

"She gets sacked! Another Samaritan. The guy came out of nowhere and just sacked her. It was amazing. It was great to see that person go down." he said.
    Perp: <note false chest tat>
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 12-12-2015 at 11:50 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    No shots fired, but Perp and at least one Samaritan were armed.

Good Samaritans follow, tackle robber in Best Buy parking lot

Perp: <note false chest tat>
    I wonder how that would have went if the robber ;

A) assaulted her victim out of public sight save the Samaritan.
    B) yelled "he's trying to rape me" if the first Samaritan made a public move to intervene?
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Paradise, CA police shooting of Andrew Thomas. It looks like he draws his gun with finger on the trigger at 1:08 and lets off a round (unintentionally), then proceeds to try to find the brass.

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/da...ntal-shooting/

Dec 10, 2015 8:22 PM by News Staff

The Paradise police officer who investigators say accidentally shot a suspected DUI driver in the neck last month will not face criminal charges, Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey announced Thursday.

Warning the video featured above is extremely graphic.

Ramsey said the evidence in this case shows the shooting to be accidental, and possibly negligent, but not criminally so. “This shooting is not justified, but also not criminal."

Paradise Police Officer Patrick Feaster, a five year veteran of the department, was parked on the Skyway around midnight Thanksgiving morning, when he saw a Toyota Four-Runner speeding out of the Canteena Bar parking lot without headlights on.

Feaster followed in his patrol car, as the Toyota ran a red light and turned onto Pearson Road where the driver, 26-year-old Andrew Thomas struck the median and flipped, ejecting his 23-year-old wife Darien Ehorn from the vehicle. Ehorn was killed in the crash.

Ramsey said Feaster drew his gun when Thomas “popped” out of the car, believing he would flee. As Officer Feaster moved towards Thomas, the gun discharged and struck Thomas in the neck. The shot hit Thomas in the C7 and T1 vertebrae and could lead to him being paralyzed for life.

When backup arrived on the scene, Feaster did not mention anything about having fired his weapon. According to Ramsey, Feaster notified his commanding officer about the discharge only after Thomas’ gunshot wound was found.

As the commanding officer suggested an investigator return to Canteena and try to find out if Thomas had been shot at the bar, Feaster revealed that he may have shot Thomas.

Ramsey said nearly 11 minutes passed before any other officers, medics or firefighters learned Thomas had been shot.

According to Ramsey, several factors led investigators to believe the shooting was accidental. “The dash cam video shows Officer Feaster was not prepared for and was surprised by the guns firing. The pistol discharges in mid-stride and the officer both flinches his head to the right and does a stutter step indicative of an officer not prepared for nor intentionally firing his pistol. Additionally, officers normally train to fire a minimum of two shots. There was no second shot and the officer immediately holstered his weapon after the discharge.”

In a media release, Ramsey said “His (Officer Feaster’s) reaction on the dash cam video and his statements to protocol investigators confirm an honest belief that he did not intentionally fire his pistol.”

Paradise Police Chief Gabriela Tazzari-Dineen said Patrick Feaster remains on paid administrative leave pending an internal investigation.

Thomas, who had a blood alcohol concentration of .15, is expected to face driving under the influence and vehicular manslaughter charges.

Last edited by johnson; 12-13-2015 at 05:09 AM.

User Tag List