Page 254 of 807 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354754 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 8067

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    This will not go well, even if justified. I always taught my guys that if you want to stop vehicles, you need to shoot the driver through glass as everything else is not good for getting it to stop. This paid off in a very similar case to above with our first HST shooting. Driver was hit and near instantly DRT with a shot through a window and numerous layers of clothing. After the driver was hit and immobilized a teenage female popped up from the passenger seat that nobody knew was in the car.

In the case from Louisiana, I am sure the press and pundits will totally forget that the father put the kid in that position and is the definition of child endangerment. Of course in the cases that do not end tragically, those child endangerment charges for folks who get in chases with kids in the car are often plea bargained away.
    Yep, already started. And we will soon probably hear that the warrants this idiot was running away from were misdemeanor charges because City Courts in LA can't hear felony cases and City Marshals generally serve City Court stuff. I saw one report ragging on LSP for not releasing more details.............after just starting the investigation.

I got that "bad juju" feeling as soon as I saw that "city marshals" were doing the shooting.....
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Mmm...

Man shot dead Wednesday after carrying out a stabbing attack on the University of California-Merced campus is identified as Faisal Mohammad, an 18-year-old freshman student at the school. Police still are examining the attacker's backpack.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/05...school-campus/
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Mmm...

Man shot dead Wednesday after carrying out a stabbing attack on the University of California-Merced campus is identified as Faisal Mohammad, an 18-year-old freshman student at the school. Police still are examining the attacker's backpack.

Quotes are full of fail. "It's over, we're safe now!" as if it'll never happen again.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Quotes are full of fail. "It's over, we're safe now!" as if it'll never happen again.
    Um, yeah,...until all the guys with guns go home, then its just as wide open as before.

Does anyone with experience or knowledge have ideas for improvised weapons to use against knife wielders? Broom sticks? Mop handles? Extension cord between two people at the knife wielders knees from behind? Fire extinguishers shot in their face? Grenades?
    Last edited by Malamute; 11-05-2015 at 01:06 PM.

From watching Liveleak videos of South American and Chinese knife attacks, anything solid that gives you standoff distance.
    Cheap plastic cafeteria chairs seem to work pretty damn well for fending off a knife wielding attacker.
    That and improvised bludgeon attacks (tire iron, bats, firewood) against the knife hand.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-05-2015 at 01:13 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

A car [emoji16]
    Last edited by BaiHu; 11-05-2015 at 01:18 PM.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Mmm...

Snowflake got kicked out of a study group and couldn't handle the rejection.

Thankfully..... “His plan went haywire because people fought back,”

Brought to you by Everyonegetsatrophy.com
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 11-06-2015 at 09:55 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Yep, already started. And we will soon probably hear that the warrants this idiot was running away from were misdemeanor charges because City Courts in LA can't hear felony cases and City Marshals generally serve City Court stuff. I saw one report ragging on LSP for not releasing more details.............after just starting the investigation.
    I am not familiar enough with Louisiana LE and who handles what, but it sounds like you are right on the money. The officers were charged with murder and it sounds like this is going to be a bad one. I am beginning to think this is going to be a case of some very under trained folks getting in way over their heads and this will be what I call a "fear biter shooting" and we will see an emotionally driven incident with tragic results. I also predict that the real training issues will never be addressed and will will see the simple "don't shoot cars" policy that does not remotely address the real problem. Sadly, an actual innocent child was killed in this incident and that is always a tragedy.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    From watching Liveleak videos of South American and Chinese knife attacks, anything solid that gives you standoff distance.
    Cheap plastic cafeteria chairs seem to work pretty damn well for fending off a knife wielding attacker.
    That and improvised bludgeon attacks (tire iron, bats, firewood) against the knife hand.
    ^^^ This ^^^

I will simply add that if you're stuck in an environment where improvisation is the only method of defense, hedge your bet by being actively aware at all times of any object around you that could be pressed into service. I make this a mental practice even when I'm armed.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List