Page 215 of 807 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315715 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    One of these days I would like to give one of these people a can of mace, and I get to beat them freely till they beg someone to shoot me....if they can still talk. It would be worth a little mace.
    Ooooh! You could sell tickets to that show.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Officer "should have used mace" instead of shooting man who attacked him with a six foot flagpole.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rweb/t...tid=kindle-app
    If stupidity hurt a lot of people would be walking around in agony.

Wanna bet if some cop tried to mace a drunk idiot beating them with a pole they be upset that more force wasn't used to stop a viscous attack.

The useful idiots are going to get exactly what they deserve one day; sadly they will drag a lot of us along for the ride.

What are they transitioning from?? I'm thinking this is more of a booger hook issue than a gun issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    What are they transitioning from?? I'm thinking this is more of a booger hook issue than a gun issue.
    From Beretta 92, is my understanding.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    If stupidity hurt a lot of people would be walking around in agony.

Wanna bet if some cop tried to mace a drunk idiot beating them with a pole they be upset that more force wasn't used to stop a viscous attack.

The useful idiots are going to get exactly what they deserve one day; sadly they will drag a lot of us along for the ride.

In some ways, it really isn't the useful idiots fault. They know almost nothing. Their ideas of reality are drawn from the entertainment culture in which they have been saturated since they were toddlers. They have learned that with just a few kung-fu moves a 100 lb woman can disarm and stop a 240 pound pro football linebacker. So of course a cop should be able to magically stop someone with a flag poll--which couldn't be a dangerous weapon anyway, because . . . well because it just can't!

Nothing in the little education they received (at great expense) in their government schools contradicts what they 'learned" from pop culture.

So magical thinking rules, which is why you are going to soon see more and more befuddled lefties demanding to know why the cop couldn't have shot the thug in the hand, and if the script keeps playing out, there will be demands that cops use "non-lethal" bullets in the future. For Social Justice, and Social Justice trumps reality.

I try not to excuse stupid people for being stupid. If they use entertainment exposure as education and life experience they're unintentional idiots, but still idiots.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I try not to excuse stupid people for being stupid. If they use entertainment exposure as education and life experience they're unintentional idiots, but still idiots.
    I don't disagree. They are indeed idiots. But the trouble is they were trained and educated to be idiots, have no idea that they are idiots, and really believe the idiocies that they mouth. But they do have their strengths. For example, they probably can tell you anything you want to know--and probably a lot that you don't want to know--about any celebrity you care to name, even if they can't tell you who fought the Civil War or what ISIS is.

I suppose that's the human condition.

I hear that new ISIS candy is a blast though.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List