Page 214 of 806 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314714 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 8060

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    And possibly the suspect. Where's the thumbs up smilie?
    Separate shot on the perp from what I read/heard on briefing earlier.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

"Multiple subjects shooting" in Dallas....turns out to be one guy?

Also, CNN keeps saying C4 used in the bombs. Going to speculate that turns out to be false...

Initial reports from the media always seem to be less than accurate.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    "Multiple subjects shooting" in Dallas....turns out to be one guy?

Also, CNN keeps saying C4 used in the bombs. Going to speculate that turns out to be false...

Initial reports from the media always seem to be less than accurate.
    Don't trust CNN for anything. They don't care to get facts correct but they sure made it a point to call his actions "courageous and brave"
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Says here the shooter claimed it was C4: Gunman dead after firing on Dallas police outside headquarters | Fox News
    Investigators found a package containing pipe bombs near the headquarters building and the suspect told police he had C-4 explosives in his armored van, Brown said. The package exploded as an Explosive Ordinance Robot picked it up. “Lots of shrapnel was included in the pipe bombs that exploded-- screws, nails,” a police spokesman tweeted.
    Also:
    Police initially reported multiple gunmen, perhaps as many as four. Brown said detectives now believe the suspect acted alone. He said there was confusion at first because the suspect shot at officers from different locations, giving the impression that others were involved.

As officers returned fire, the gunman fled in his vehicle, which appeared to have gun portals in the sides. The vehicle rammed a police cruiser during the getaway.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Police initially reported multiple gunmen, perhaps as many as four. Brown said detectives now believe the suspect acted alone. He said there was confusion at first because the suspect shot at officers from different locations, giving the impression that others were involved.

As officers returned fire, the gunman fled in his vehicle, which appeared to have gun portals in the sides. The vehicle rammed a police cruiser during the getaway.
    This can easily occur because during these types of situations police radio is literally a cluster-f*#k
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    This can easily occur because during these types of situations police radio is literally a cluster-f*#k
    Under the circumstances, every could be cool as a cucumber but, with the shooter armed with two or more different guns, if he moved quickly enough it could well have led the most experienced tactical commander in the country to report multiple gunmen out of caution, to keep everybody alert.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Under the circumstances, every could be cool as a cucumber but, with the shooter armed with two or more different guns, if he moved quickly enough it could well have led the most experienced tactical commander in the country to report multiple gunmen out of caution, to keep everybody alert.
    I can say from experience that this type of thing occurs not because of the officer's, but the combination of 911 calls and "assist officer/OIS" calls at the same time. Radio dispatchers do not know how to properly manage this and it takes a very experienced on scene supervisor (or senior officer) to make the determination of how and what should occur.

I've been in several of these situations, the smoothest one was when an Lt. went over radio and told radio to stop talking and let the officer's communicate with each other, after that they started counting off shooters and locations(there were three males, 1 shooter), figured it out pretty quickly.
    VDMSR.com

Officer "should have used mace" instead of shooting man who attacked him with a six foot flagpole.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rweb/t...tid=kindle-app

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Officer "should have used mace" instead of shooting man who attacked him with a six foot flagpole.

If a 6" knife has a 21 ft rule, then a 6' flagpole should have a 252' rule?
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post

One of these days I would like to give one of these people a can of mace, and I get to beat them freely till they beg someone to shoot me....if they can still talk. It would be worth a little mace.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List