Page 212 of 807 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312712 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 8061

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Just got a call from a person in Georgia. Apparently a wacko rolled into a Georgia Trooper station with a .30-06 and started shooting at two Troopers. One hit the bad guy at 47 yards with a 124+P Gold Dot out of a new G4 G17 and solved the problem.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    http://www.reporternews.com/news/loc...-shop_18333005

Not a DGU but relevant to the P – F.COM membership.

A customer brings a loaded 22 caliber handgun into an Abilene, Texas gun shop. As a gunshop employee attempts to unload the handgun, it discharges striking him in the hand. The round passes through the gun shop employee's hand and strikes a customer in the abdomen.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I just returned from spending a few days down in the Big Bend area of Texas.
    Right now the US/Mexico border is the wild wild west due to cartels fighting for turf.
    If you are anywhere off the beaten path, roll heavy.
    Honest question, what would you consider rolling heavy ?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just got a call from a person in Georgia. Apparently a wacko rolled into a Georgia Trooper station with a .30-06 and started shooting at two Troopers. One hit the bad guy at 47 yards with a 124+P Gold Dot out of a new G4 G17 and solved the problem.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/lo...post/28675833/

Sent from my iPhone
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Honest question, what would you consider rolling heavy ?
    A rifle and multiple magazines for every adult.
    This trip was just me and my 12 year old boy and his rifle was locked and loaded while we were deep in the desert.

The only time I've seen more probable illicit activity along this stretch of the border was in the late '80's when San Vicente crossing was no man's land.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Laredo is safe. No seriously there are bill boards telling you so..,

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/beyondt...violent-image/

A friend of mine just became the pastor of the First Baptist Church in Laredo. I told him he needed to roll with a weapon everywhere there. This just serves to reinforce that idea.

From what I am hearing, the guy had previously failed in suicide attempts and decided to go out with cop assistance. He supposedly got out of the truck with the rifle and was waiving it around. The Troopers tried to talk him down, but he fired a shot in the air. At that point one of the Troopers let him hold one. I can't confirm the distance at this point.

The above is scuttlebutt and nothing official.

The GSP did recently switch from the G37 to the G17. They were carrying Speer 200gr Gold Dot in the G37s. I'm pretty sure they stayed with Speer when they made the switch.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Gold Dot 124gr +P is the GSP duty ammo.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    A rifle and multiple magazines for every adult.
    This trip was just me and my 12 year old boy and his rifle was locked and loaded while we were deep in the desert.

The only time I've seen more probable illicit activity along this stretch of the border was in the late '80's when San Vicente crossing was no man's land.
    Thanks.

Site Supporter
    http://www.wsmv.com/story/29291068/m...LJ_cF.facebook

Randy Howard, a well-known country musician was shot to death inside his Lynchburg Tennessee home after he fired on bountyhunters attempting to arrest him pursuant to a warrant for failure to appear.

That's some "outlaw country" right there !

User Tag List