Page 206 of 807 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 8067

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    There is alot of Bandito and Mexican Mafia activity in SA, not so much of run and gun shoot outs, but the occasional raid/bust does happen. It mostly is dumbed down in the media and not massively reported much like border activity reports are just not reported even though we are a massive transit hub of the state.

*I am not LEO.*
    This is pretty accurate, most modern-day biker gangs are really just organized crime/drug trafficking organizations. Individual members will occasionally commit random criminal acts, but for the most part group activities/violence are over turf which produces income or over internal politics.

The whole thing of biker gangs taking over accounts or Wilding attacks on the highways is pretty much Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Any pro tips for the non-sworn on how to extract oneself from such a situation?

Also, any tips on how to outrun or outmaneuver a biker gang...assuming they are on a freeway actively terrorizing other motorists?

I drive through this general part of Waco almost monthly.
    Don't go to bars and restaurants with a crap load of bikes and everyone is wearing different patches (or if the patches are the same.....essentially, don't hang with them). Otherwise, they really don't want any contact with you. Negative contact with the general public brings cops. More importantly, it brings cops with probable cause. Many years ago I was assigned to "white guys" in the unit I was in for intel and targeted enforcement, so I did a bunch of biker stuff. During a traffic stop on an entire pack of Hell's Angels on a run gave a good indicator of dealing with the general public.
    Some hang arounds or probbies decided to sit in the back of the formation flipping off the little kids in cars staring at them. Well, somebody's mommy called 9-11. I got PC to stop the entire formation. Walked past the problems right to the front of the formation and contacted the Road Captain. Let him know what the issue was with the club President. Looked right at the Sergeant at Arms and simply asked "Do I run a records check and conduct a vehicle inspection on everyone here, or do you want to handle this". He ensured me in no uncertain terms that what he was going to do to the offenders was FAR more significant and he would greatly appreciate being allowed to handle the problem internally. Lesson, respect and understanding go a long way. Also, every one has a cell phone with an instant link to 911. These guys HATE having law enforcement having an actual reason to screw with them. It is why these days it is rare to have a probationer or parolee with search terms at club buildings. In terms of the Hell's Angels, they are businessmen now and not the filthy biker of old. They are in dirty businesses, but you won't find them chasing some poor regular citizen for no reason. Now, there are some typical criminal scumbag meth heads that ride motorcycles. Treat them like other criminals.....avoid them and be prepared in case you get picked as a victim. Essentially,situational awareness is king.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I will agree with Darryl about hurting regular citizens being bad for business. I've spent some time and effort on motorcycle gangs as part of my Criminal Intelligence Unit years with LSP. Outlaw MC gangs are organized crime, bottom line. One thing to remember is these people are different and they take pride in being the 1%. There will never be a fair fight if you find yourself in a confrontation with a OMC member. They will stomp you in the dirt as a group.

Don't hang out in the same places and don't stay if a bunch show up.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Also, any tips on how to outrun or outmaneuver a biker gang...assuming they are on a freeway actively terrorizing other motorists?
    I've lived in 1%'er biker territory my whole life, and have been riding street bikes since 1999 and unless you are affiliated or choose to hang in the same spots, you probably won't ever encounter them. They don't terrorize motorists, that's Hollywood. Bothering the squares brings unwanted attention. Like nyeti said though, beware of the meth'd out looking bikers with no patches, they don't belong to a club or answer to anybody so there is no consequences to their actions outside of the law, which they're rarely concerned with. I don't want to sound like I'm romanticizing it, but this is one topic on PF which I feel like I'm fairly tuned in with. I attend a Biker church on Saturday mornings in which many of the attendee's are ex MC members, and from what I know about the 1% lifestyle, this isn't over.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I've lived in 1%'er biker territory my whole life, and have been riding street bikes since 1999 and unless you are affiliated or choose to hang in the same spots, you probably won't ever encounter them. They don't terrorize motorists, that's Hollywood. Bothering the squares brings unwanted attention. Like nyeti said though, beware of the meth'd out looking bikers with no patches, they don't belong to a club or answer to anybody so there is no consequences to their actions outside of the law, which they're rarely concerned with. I don't want to sound like I'm romanticizing it, but this is one topic on PF which I feel like I'm fairly tuned in with. I attend a Biker church on Saturday mornings in which many of the attendee's are ex MC members, and from what I know about the 1% lifestyle, this isn't over.

While I don't seek out the company of active 1%s, you will find yourself in proximity to them at any number of events that attract motorcycle riders. Additionally, some of the the people I ride with and consider friends have been affiliated with a 1% MC. My personal observations confirm what they tell me. The club doesn't want attention and senior members will come down pretty hard on a junior member who starts trouble for no reason.
    Two things they will absolutely get nasty about is territory, and respect. Don't wear a location rocker and don't start a fight, and you will be fine.

Site Supporter
    Review explains justified use of force

Local LEO got it right. Had to be a tough call.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Review explains justified use of force

Local LEO got it right. Had to be a tough call.

I watched that, and it is frustrating that this case was taken to grand jury. What was the officer supposed to do there?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I watched that, and it is frustrating that this case was taken to grand jury. What was the officer supposed to do there?
    If I was that officer I would have wanted it to go to the grand jury. A no true bill is a powerful thing to have in the aftermath of such events.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    If I was that officer I would have wanted it to go to the grand jury. A no true bill is a powerful thing to have in the aftermath of such events.
    +1

When the assailants family sues you civilly, it's an asset to have been no-billed by a grand jury.
    Not to mention double jeopardy if some new "fact" or "witness" emerges.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List