Page 205 of 807 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 8063

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Not sure if this should be in this thread... Waco 9 dead, 16 injured in biker gang shootout.
    Three rival motorcycle gangs turned a local restaurant into a shooting gallery Sunday afternoon and when the gunfire was over, nine people were dead and 17 were injured...

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Not sure if this should be in this thread... Waco 9 dead, 16 injured in biker gang shootout.
    According to the article, the business was warned about biker gang activity in their establishment before the fracas .So they did the smart thing and ignored it.

Now nine thugs are guests of the Waco coroner , the dive which hosted these animals is going out of business,and Quentin Tarantino has new script material .So for the law abiding this turned out pretty well.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Banditos and Cossacks had a turf war. I know a local LE source who says this was no surprise to local LE who saw this coming weeks ago and were in place to respond almost immediately in force.

First reports - so take with a grain of salt - are that the police put down at least a few of the outlaws after they started shooting at the cops.

Been in that shopping center several times, with the family, while passing through. Scary shit.
    Though I'd like to think if we pulled up and saw a ton of bikers and/or cops, I'd have kept on going.
    Bet if I had staked out I35 this afternoon I could have seen a column of Bandidos headed north.
    Stay safe, Waco LEO's.

Shooting incidents in the news.

Ditto. The Bandidos are some scary mofos.

Site Supporter
    Any pro tips for the non-sworn on how to extract oneself from such a situation?

Also, any tips on how to outrun or outmaneuver a biker gang...assuming they are on a freeway actively terrorizing other motorists?

I drive through this general part of Waco almost monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Any pro tips for the non-sworn on how to extract oneself from such a situation?

Also, any tips on how to outrun or outmaneuver a biker gang...assuming they are on a freeway actively terrorizing other motorists?

I drive through this general part of Waco almost monthly.
    I would love to see Texas LEO weigh in on this but during my 9 years in TX in San Antonio and the Dallas area I barely realized they existed. I can't recall any stories in general of outlaw motor cycle gangs resorting random "wilding" type attacks on the general public.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

There is alot of Bandito and Mexican Mafia activity in SA, not so much of run and gun shoot outs, but the occasional raid/bust does happen. It mostly is dumbed down in the media and not massively reported much like border activity reports are just not reported even though we are a massive transit hub of the state.

*I am not LEO.*
    AKA: SkyLine1

Shooting incidents in the news.

I've been riding for years. IME if you don't hang around their bars or participate in their scene you might never know they exist. They don't tend to screw around with straights unless provoked...of course, "outlaws are easily provoked.” Hunter S. Thompson wrote a great, really entertaining book about the hells angels. Still pretty accurate from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    I've been riding for years. IME if you don't hang around their bars or participate in their scene you might never know they exist. They don't tend to screw around with straights unless provoked...of course, "outlaws are easily provoked.” Hunter S. Thompson wrote a great, really entertaining book about the hells angels. Still pretty accurate from what I can tell.
    I enjoyed that book many years ago. In '84 driving from WA state to WI around the time of year of the big Sturgis rally, somewhere crossing Montana or South Dakota on the freeway I came across many hundreds of folks; all on Harleys, all groomed and decked out like they came out of central casting for frightening outlaw bikers and I was nervous for a few minutes but a more courteous several hundred motorcyclists I have not shared a highway with. I really don't know if they were actually one percenters or in any gang per se. And I wasn't looking that hard at their colors; concentrating on my own courteous driving.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List