Page 164 of 807 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264664 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 8063

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

I have seen several reports that a shooter was wearing a headscarf. The NY Post describes it as a "blue and white" headscarf.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/22/soldier...ment-building/

Hmm...

Good hunting to those still searching.

Veteran Affairs Minister Julian Fantino told QMI Agency that Parliament’s sergeant-at-arms, Kevin Vickers, shot one unidentified gunman dead.
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/10/22/soldier-shot-at-war-memorial-near-canadian-parliament/

After the shooting, Vickers immediately contacted his family in New Brunswick to tell them he is safe — “I’m doing okay,” he said — but that hasn’t stopped them worrying about the emotional trauma that will follow, having being forced to pull the trigger for the first time. “We’re always very proud of Kevin, but at this moment we are concerned about him — he had to make a very serious decision today,” said Mary, Vicker’s older sister.
    http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/10/22...-ottawa-gunman

Last edited by Wendell; 10-22-2014 at 07:42 PM.

To those who lost a members of their families and/or brothers in arms, I offer my condolences. To those hunting these kitten-heads, I wish them good hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Site Supporter
    Do we hold any hope that today's events change any legislators minds regarding gun restictions on the law abiding ?

I wonder what the guy in the wheelchair is thinking?
    "Sh^t.... everyone here is faster than me"... Maybe?

Did any of them take a moment tonight to think about Virginia Tech? I bet not.

Last edited by RoyGBiv; 10-22-2014 at 11:41 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Our federal government has actually been relaxing gun control laws bit by bit for several years. Radical change is not popular here; piecemeal reform is the name of the game and this will probably not affect the process much.

But our government is slowly moving in the right direction.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    3/15/2016

Is the shooter using a lever action rifle?

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    That would explain why some people described it as a double-barreled shotgun and others as a rifle.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Is the shooter using a lever action rifle?

Certainly appears that way.

Just Saturday evening I was eating BBQ and chatting with Greg Ellifritz (and some other folks) about the underrated utility of a lever action rifle.
    3/15/2016

67 year old grandfather, gets shot multiple times, and shoots 3 out of 3 home invaders as they try to rape his granddaughter.

Dirtbag on the left is deceased, the other 2 survived.

A Lumberton man traded gunfire with three men who forced their way into his home, robbed the family, tried to rape his granddaughter and stole his car Monday, Robeson County authorities said.

One of the men, identified as Jamie Faison, 20, was shot and found dead in the stolen Cadillac parked at his home on the 600 block of Singletary Church Road, Sheriff Kenneth Sealey said in a news release.

The two other men turned up at area hospitals with gunshot wounds.

The homeowner, Kenneth Byrd, 67, was shot multiple times, the release said...

The family told them that a man came to the door and said he was having problems with his vehicle and needed water.

Two men wearing black clothing, ski masks and gloves forced their way into the home and demanded money, Sealey said.

All three of the men had guns.

The Byrds were pushed to the back of their home and instructed to open a safe.

When the men tried to rape the couple's granddaughter, Byrd grabbed a gun and exchanged shots with the assailants, Sealey said.

User Tag List