Page 151 of 808 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 8076

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Homeowner shoots intruder.
    The LAPD says Nalbanyan has an extensive criminal record and is on federal probation for possession of firearm. He’s being denied bail because the alleged break-in was a violation of his probation.
    Convenience store worker kills career criminal.
    Alston has a long history of criminal activity which numbers in the dozens of charges.

This one is making the rounds because the victim was a popular gamer. A 16-year-old female fired the round from a .25-caliber handgun; the round passed through the hand of her accomplice and into the chest of the victim, who was killed.

The meeting was arranged through Craigslist—gotta be careful when dealing with strangers.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/nation...?__federated=1

Site Supporter
    Man tells police he shot fake cop

SAN ANTONIO - A driver told San Antonio police he shot and killed a man who was posing as a police officer.

"The victim says that the suspect claimed to be a police officer, so he complied. He stepped out of the vehicle and immediately asked the suspect for identification which the suspect did not produce," said Salazar.

Investigators said the man then told the driver he was going to steal his truck.

The driver had a pistol and shot the fake officer several times, investigators said, then he called the real police.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

^^^ I think that's the first time I've heard of an impersonator getting smoked.

Wow that's just around the corner from work. And the hospital is only minutes away with a fire station in between.

Wonder what the the shot placement was and number of rounds fired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Victim turns the tables.
    According to the WPD, the victim was attempting to sell a rifle to three potential buyers he had met through Craigslist.

As the victim handed over rifle, one suspect took the gun and pointed it back at him. The victim then pulled out a pistol and told the suspect to drop the gun because it was not loaded.

The victim then made all three suspects lay on the ground as he ran away from the scene and called 911.

Officers responded and were able to apprehend the three suspects: Edvis Miquem Galloway, 24, Savon Khalif Hardaway, 18, and Kalmeaice Kawanna Williams, 38.

Officers charged Galloway, Hardaway and Williams with attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy robbery with a dangerous weapon. They were placed in the New Hanover County Jail under a $500,000 secured bond.

Galloway and Hardaway were among several suspects arrested in August on multiple drug and gun charges after police pulled their vehicle over for not having a tag or working brake lights.

Police searched the car and found a 357 revolver, 25 bags of marijuana each weighing 134 grams, and 2 red bandanas.

Galloway was also involved in a stabbing incident in April of this year...

Nice! Give that man a kewpie doll for actually running away and calling the cops as a sign of practical heads up thinking.

-Rob

Last two event entries seem to have been reasonably happy endings to bad days. First time I've heard of an impersonator getting smoked as well, and, aside from trying to use craigslist for gun sales in the first place, not a bad showing by the second dude either: one, he had a defensive arm; two, he got TF away as soon as he could.

The ol' Rev is back at it. Referencing guy killed by police in Walmart with BB gun.

The Rev. Al Sharpton on Thursday told a crowd at Central State University that people across the country are concerned about the August shooting death of a Fairfield man by police at Walmart, and called on the Ohio attorney general to release the video of the shooting.

Sharpton said authorities should release the video because they have already suggested that John Crawford III was pointing an air rifle at someone in the Beavercreek store, which he says has “poisoned” the minds of the public, some of whom will be on the grand jury that hears the case.

“So the fair thing to do is put the tape out so when the grand jury meets, they walk in knowing at least what was and what wasn’t on the tape,” said Sharpton, a MSNBC host and civil rights activist. “I come to Central State tonight to say to the attorney general, let’s go to the tape.”

Attorney General Mike DeWine has repeatedly said he will not release the tape before a trial.

“I think that it is playing with dynamite, frankly, to release that tape at this point,” DeWine said last month. “And I think the dynamite simply is that it blows up and you can’t get a fair trial. That’s what we worry about.”...

Not a shooting incident, so I apologize if posting it here is out of line, but there are some home-invasion lessons and another possible martial avenue to explore for self defense: Wichita Falls Homeowner Recounts Stabbing Intruder with Spear

From the homeowner:
    "This door is open within five seconds, probably within three seconds; this door was open and he was standing no more than two to three feet away from me," Morgan Jr. says. "I looked at him, I didn't see any weapons however I was terrified."
    Makes you wonder about the time it takes to get into a bedside security locker.

Another from the homeowner:
    "I am a Christian man and I don't want to take life, however I want to make sure that he understands that his life was mine to take. I let him have it."

User Tag List