Page 113 of 807 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 8069

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

I know a lot of folks that have removed Gadsen flags from equipment, vehicles, etc. following the continued bs "products" from various federal and state desk jockeys that have attempted to previous associate the symbol with some sort of imagined domestic tango conspiracy problem. Almost all of these can be traced back to bad Southern PLC sourcing, with zero real analysis or underlying case reporting. But for those that travel through areas where civil rights are routinely denied, the mere fact of this nonsense being out there means that yet another piece of history is ceded to the disarmament narrative as folks just try to avoid potential trouble.

For the sake of private contemplation (to prevent diverting this thread, no reply expected - just food for thought);

If someone walks into a business establishment, fires a round into the ceiling, tells everyone to get out and offers no other threats to anyone present, what crime has he committed in your State? Is it even a crime an armed citizen can act upon?
    Last edited by 41magfan; 06-12-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Is it even a crime an armed citizen can act upon?
    I'm no lawyer, but I'm fairly certain I could convince a jury I was in immediate fear of death or grievous bodily injury given your scenario.

Specifically, it would be a reckless discharge violation, which is a Class A Misd. in TX. TX PC 42.12
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

If someone walks into a business establishment, fires a round into the ceiling, tells everyone to get out and offers no other threats to anyone present, what crime has he committed in your State? Is it even a crime an armed citizen can act upon?
    In Nevada it would be covered by NRS 202.287 at a bare minimum, which is a felony. Obviously there are multiple other statutes that he/they could be charged with.
    NRS 202.287  Discharging firearm within or from structure or vehicle; penalties.
    1.  A person who is in, on or under a structure or vehicle and who maliciously or wantonly discharges or maliciously or wantonly causes to be discharged a firearm within or from the structure or vehicle:
    (a) If the structure or vehicle is not within an area designated by city or county ordinance as a populated area for the purpose of prohibiting the discharge of weapons, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
    (b) If the structure or vehicle is within an area designated by city or county ordinance as a populated area for the purpose of prohibiting the discharge of weapons, is guilty of a category B felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 2 years and a maximum term of not more than 15 years, or by a fine of not more than $5,000, or by both fine and imprisonment.
    2.  If a firearm is discharged within or out of any vehicle that is in motion or at rest and it cannot with reasonable certainty be ascertained in what county the crime was committed, the offender may be arrested and tried in any county through which the vehicle may have run on the trip during which the firearm was discharged.
    3.  The provisions of this section do not apply to:
    (a) A person who lawfully shoots at a game mammal or game bird pursuant to subsection 2 of NRS 503.010.
    (b) A peace officer while engaged in the performance of his or her official duties.
    (c) A person who discharges a firearm in a lawful manner and in the course of a lawful business, event or activity.
    4.  As used in this section:
    (a) “Structure” means any temporary or permanent structure, including, but not limited to, any tent, house, room, apartment, tenement, shop, warehouse, store, mill, barn, stable, outhouse or other building.
    (b) “Vehicle” means any motor vehicle or trailer designed for use with a motor vehicle, whether or not it is self-propelled, operated on rails or propelled by electric power obtained from overhead wires.
    (Added to NRS by 1989, 1239; A 1993, 2774; 1995, 1152, 1207, 2403, 2409; 2003, 987)

For the sake of private contemplation (to prevent diverting this thread, no reply expected - just food for thought);

In the situation you describe, I believe that the presence of a firearm coupled with a command he has no lawful authority to give, amounts to a threat of deadly force against everyone present, further emphasized by the shot being fired.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I meant to say 'visible display' of firearm in my above post, rather than 'presence.'
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm no lawyer, but I'm fairly certain I could convince a jury I was in immediate fear of death or grievous bodily injury given your scenario.

Specifically, it would be a reckless discharge violation, which is a Class A Misd. in TX. TX PC 42.12
    I would bet in Texas it would be indicted as felony deadly conduct, 22.05(b).

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Are you saying that those who appreciate/understand/relate (to) the Gadsden flag are extremists?
    Nope, although the scumbags that murdered these obviously were and they draped the Gadsen flag over the dead cops bodies.

Just seems to me that is a huge image problem now.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    You think that the entire significance and history of this flag is now forever sullied?
    Of course not. I said in my post that my heart and my donations have gone to the families.

I just brought up something that nobody is talking about.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    But I think what Cody is saying is that if domestic terrorists like these two losers start using the Gadsden flag as a calling card, it will take on a new meaning, like any symbol would. Will its history and historical significance be wiped out? No, but it may take on a new, different and worse meaning, whatever that might end up being, and that might overshadow its historical meaning in present day minds.
    THIS.
    Cody

User Tag List