Page 112 of 806 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 8059

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

I think it will be okay, it's not like they were wearing Gadsden flag vests or anything.

It is already associated, by the MSM and folks on the left side of the spectrum, with "extremist" Tea Partiers, some of whom do hold crazy positions.

But I think what Cody is saying is that if domestic terrorists like these two losers start using the Gadsden flag as a calling card, it will take on a new meaning, like any symbol would. Will its history and historical significance be wiped out? No, but it may take on a new, different and worse meaning, whatever that might end up being, and that might overshadow its historical meaning in present day minds.

It's happened before. To take the most obvious example - the swastika was a positive symbol for hundreds or even thousands of years in a lot of different cultures until those horrible Krauts ruined it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I think it will be okay, it's not like they were wearing Gadsden flag vests or anything.
    Ok, that's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    It's happened before. To take the most obvious example - the swastika was a positive symbol for hundreds or even thousands of years in a lot of different cultures until those horrible Krauts ruined it for everyone.
    Although the same thought passed through my mind, I would not equate two criminals incorporating the Gadsden flag on the same level as more than fifty five million people united under one nation, during a poor economy, utilizing a symbol for their country, a symbol that I doubt the majority of them knew the origin of. Anyone with an internet connection or a sliver of common sense would be able to find the original meaning of the "Don't Tread on Me" and see that these two perverted it.

But I could be wrong.

If anyone is truly worried about the Gadsden Flag, use it in a positive manner and educate people on the proper meaning and history. It's the history of the American Revolution.

For now I'll monitor the current levels of "Don't Tread on Me" and "Come and Take It" stickers I find here in Texas and see if they rise or decline due to any howls emanating from the bowels known as the MSM.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    The reconstruction they showed the other day made it look like the goblin cranked off a round into the ceiling while yelling "Viva la revolucion!" or whatever, and good guy challenged, not realizing that goblin #2 had already walked past him.

I don't know that I'd have challenged or not, but I'd have gotten shot in the back, there, too, most likely. Some days you get the bear...
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    That's the same thing I got out of everything I read... The she-goblin was pushing a shopping cart as a disguise and managed to get behind Joe Wilcox.
    I can't help but wonder if the fact that #2 was female further helped that mission. Granted, it is pretty easy to get keyed up on the guy in front of you with a gun, but women are traditionally associated with "don't shoot good guys" and I wonder if that played a role here. It certainly makes me think hard about it. I won't Monday Morning QB this one to death, but I think it's some food for thought.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    Although the same thought passed through my mind, I would not equate two criminals incorporating the Gadsden flag on the same level as more than fifty five million people united under one nation, during a poor economy, utilizing a symbol for their country, a symbol that I doubt the majority of them knew the origin of. Anyone with an internet connection or a sliver of common sense would be able to find the original meaning of the "Don't Tread on Me" and see that these two perverted it.

But I could be wrong.

If anyone is truly worried about the Gadsden Flag, use it in a positive manner and educate people on the proper meaning and history. It's the history of the American Revolution.

For now I'll monitor the current levels of "Don't Tread on Me" and "Come and Take It" stickers I find here in Texas and see if they rise or decline due to any howls emanating from the bowels known as the MSM.
    According to the MSM, the Gadsden Flag = Hitler. Review your talking points, Tovarish.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.

Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    You think that the entire significance and history of this flag is now forever sullied?
    One of the first times I ever agree with Cody. Maybe not forever but in a world of mass manipulative media the likes of which would have made Dzerzhinsky think there is a heaven, the use of the Gadsen Flag by our little cosplay revolutionaries is a huge win for the progressives who have been pining for years to link the Tea Party and those in the Firearms and Liberty movement to radical extremist cop and baby killing white trash. Symbols have a lot of meaning and if they can successfully link a flag that represents the very essence of our beliefs with evil - it will be a huge victory for them.

Probably the best thing now would be for everyone to go out and fly a Gadsen.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I can't help but wonder if the fact that #2 was female further helped that mission. Granted, it is pretty easy to get keyed up on the guy in front of you with a gun, but women are traditionally associated with "don't shoot good guys" and I wonder if that played a role here. It certainly makes me think hard about it. I won't Monday Morning QB this one to death, but I think it's some food for thought.

-Rob
    Didn't she do the first cop? I sort of get a creepy Black Widow vibe off some of the stuff. But maybe that's just me reading too much into it.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.

Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Didn't she do the first cop? I sort of get a creepy Black Widow vibe off some of the stuff. But maybe that's just me reading too much into it.
    I think she pretty much did most of the killing.

And I then do agree with Rob - a kind of cute (hey they all start looking cute after you hit 40) 20 something woman is not what you think of first as a bad guy.

Sadly, the Gadsen flag is no different than a firearm or a pencil to the MSM. Anyone who uses either in a malevolent way will sully the 1000 fold that use the implement heroically.

I agree with cclaxton.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Let's see woman with shopping cart or guy with gun... Hmmmm who would you focus on?

I'd like to see the video (call me an asshole if you must) and see if there is anything that can be learned. In no way do I wish to diminish Mr. Wilcox is stance in an effort to stop a crime, but if I can learn from it I'd like to. Could give a rats ass about media reconstructions. They will probably have a guy with an RPG and nukes going based on past history with accurate reporting.

Did he fixate and miss the an armed bag flanking him. Did he try to diffuse the situation with verbals instead of shooting and scooting to cover.

IMO this appears to be a tactic they used. Hag goes in first and Ftard draws out either LEO or others to be ambushed. If that's the case I'm not sure how to deal with that, either as a CHL or LEO. Shoot n scoot to become a harder to hit target for the second shooter, but even then you may be SOL.

Pathetic situation. Hope the media doesn't give nutty people ideas on tactics to use in LEO ambushes.

User Tag List