Page 102 of 807 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 8063

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    This kid needed to hang out with Charlie Sheen one weekend.
    Hell, I need to hang out with Charlie Sheen one weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Hell, I need to hang out with Charlie Sheen one weekend!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    That's been my opinion as well. I don't want to know their names, I don't want to see their photos, and I certainly don't want to have their psychopathic videos all over the news.
    I agree. Instead of how we get it, "ELLIOT RODGER murdered a bunch of people,...." it should be " Jane Smith, Joe Somebody, etc, were murdered by sum dood..."

I saw this a while back, forget where it turned up. Interesting perspective from Park Deitz though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The disturbing thing is - I've met kids like this, in the extreme. They are my students (university) today, for Chris' sakes. We're talking kids who have never been told "No", and are five or six rejections away from becoming predatory offenders of some type. I know these guys always existed, but there does seem to be an inordinately high number of them in existence today relative to the past. Higher than can be explained in the simplest way (higher population today than in the past).

-Rob
    I am on the edge of leaving state u work partly for this reason. Things really have changed in the last 15 years. I suspect that Tam may have a handle on the reason, but I don't know for sure. I do know that I can vouch for your findings with my own anecdotal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I am on the edge of leaving state u work partly for this reason. Things really have changed in the last 15 years. I suspect that Tam may have a handle on the reason, but I don't know for sure. I do know that I can vouch for your findings with my own anecdotal experience.
    It not just at the university level. My wife has been teaching in highschool for over twenty years. The ever decreasing level of emotional stability and maturity displayed by the majority of her students is truly frightening. The levels of hostility and condecention displayed by their parents, as well as the level of denial displayed by school administrators are equally so. Many if not most of these sociopaths aren't born, they're being bred.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I agree. Instead of how we get it, "ELLIOT RODGER murdered a bunch of people,...." it should be " Jane Smith, Joe Somebody, etc, were murdered by sum dood..."

I saw this a while back, forget where it turned up. Interesting perspective from Park Deitz though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4
    "and three days later even worse footage [in an arm wrestling contest], pixelated where it looked like a broadcast from the f******* Lego dimension....

yeah I think if I squint I can just about make out the face of a killer. Isn't the news brilliant? Repeatedly showing us a killer's face isn't news it's just rubbernecking.

What's more this sort of coverage only serves to turn this murdering little tw** into a sort of nihilistic pinup boy."

Good stuff.
    Last edited by johnnyyukon; 05-26-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    It not just at the university level. My wife has been teaching in highschool for over twenty years. The ever decreasing level of emotional stability and maturity displayed by the majority of her students is truly frightening. The levels of hostility and condecention displayed by their parents, as well as the level of denial displayed by school administrators are equally so. Many if not most of these sociopaths aren't born, they're being bred.
    I agree with all 3 of you (Rob being the first to post my thoughts). I've taught martial arts for the last 17 years to ages 4-64 and the 4 year old kids used to be excellent students when I had little teaching experience. Now, there are a few where I'm near changing diapers and putting them in cribs.

What's more concerning is that the older kids (10-14) were amazingly physical and focused (reminiscent of my peers). Nice to work with back in the day, and now, unless I get them early, I'm practically teaching them to stand up straight and not let their heads roll of their shoulders.

Parents.
    Parents.
    Parents.

Be the guide rails for your children. Not their friends. Not their enablers. And for God's sake, the TV, Internet and video games are NOT babysitters. If you don't want to raise them, don't have them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Be the guide rails for your children. Not their friends. Not their enablers.
    When my oldest son (now thirty) was a teenager he tried to cajole me into buying something for him. When I told him no he said, "Come on Dad, be my friend." My reply: "Son, where did you get the idea I was your friend?"

This manifestation of anti-social violence is simply the law of natural consequence playing itself out.

You can’t turn a child over to a Day Care at 6-weeks of age, and then let the rest of that disassociated child's life be influenced daily by an education system and culture that instills relativism in them as some sort of personal boundary. That isn't working, but we'll be arguing about the answers without asking the right questions until the next killing makes headlines and we can ask the irrelevant "why" questions all over again.

Just wait till this morally, ethically and value deprived generation becomes the parents and grand-parents ..... that's when things will get interesting.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    When my oldest son (now thirty) was a teenager he tried to cajole me into buying something for him. When I told him no he said, "Come on Dad, be my friend." My reply: "Son, where did you get the idea I was your friend?"
    It might be a bit extreme, but even when I talk to my son, I make an effort to either use his name or son, rather than buddy, man, dude, etc...I tell him no one has his back more than me, but I'm not his friend.

User Tag List