Page 221 of 807 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321721 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    A man robbed a Dominoes in Albuquerque and then tried to rob a delivery driver in the parking lot. The delivery driver rewarded his effort with a face shooting. Glorious.

http://www.abqjournal.com/605911/new...-apd-says.html
    My older brother got held up twice delivering pizza for Domino's in Abq. The first time at knife point, the second at gun point. That was the tipping point for him to do something else for a living. I'm glad to see things swing in favor of the delivery guy for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Seems odd they were driving from Washington DC to California AND they had a gun.
    I read a comment on a local news page indicating the lady half of the duo is a former LEO. No idea of the legitimacy of this statement.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

If memory serves me correctly she was an anchor on Headline News years ago and was a reserve deputy I think, not at all sure though, in or around Atlanta, GA. Had not heard of he for some time, but then I avoid CNN at all cost.

A man robbed a Dominoes in Albuquerque and then tried to rob a delivery driver in the parking lot. The delivery driver rewarded his effort with a face shooting. Glorious.

http://www.abqjournal.com/605911/new...-apd-says.html
    Getting a gun stuck in my face while working for them sucked. Since then, I've, uh, reconsidered my stance on following an employer's policies regarding this issue. Glad it worked out for the driver. Shame that corporate'll get stupid over this, though.

I guess in this case having a body camera helps prevent the public from questioning why a person with a replica was shot. Not much time to react and determine if that was a real firearm or not...

http://www.policeone.com/officer-sho...pulled-replica

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Seems odd they were driving from Washington DC to California AND they had a gun.
    Nahh, Peaceable journey applies if you're above the law. ��
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    Nahh, Peaceable journey applies if you're above the law. ��
    Or maybe if LEOSA applies?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynne_Russell#Other

1996 to 2005: Deputy Sheriff in Fulton County, Georgia, Reserve Division
    Russell has two black belts in the Korean-American martial art of Choi Kwang Do.[citation needed] She is certified as an open water SCUBA diver (NAUI), and keelboat sailor.[citation needed]
    Lynne is a devotee of Conway Twitty and attended an album signing of his in Atlanta.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    That's 11 years - you generally need 15 and retirement in good standing to qualify for LEOSA.

My understanding from the article is the shooting itself occurred in their hotel room so I'm not seeing a problem with possession of a loaded firearm in their hotel room in NM. The rest is speculation.

Former CNN Correspondent kills robber in hotel room shoot out:

http://krqe.com/2015/07/01/police-su...rque-shooting/
    Sweet...
    I usually stay at the La Quinta about 100 yards west from this Motel 6 and Mariscos Altamar has great food 100 yards south.
    There's always some shifty looking characters at the Motel 6, Motel 76 and the Super 8 in this little cul de sac.
    Makes for some good MUC homework after class.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My understanding from the article is the shooting itself occurred in their hotel room so I'm not seeing a problem with possession of a loaded firearm in their hotel room in NM. The rest is speculation.
    Open carry, vehicle carry and hotel room posession are all legal in NM.
    Unlicensed concealed carry is a petty misdemeanor.
    As long as the shooter wasn't a prohibited person they aren't going to have much if any legal trouble when it comes to how they were carrying the gun.
    I've seen people skate on felony concealed carry in a bar after a justified self defense shooting.
    We're pretty chillaxed when it comes to good people shooting shitheads here in NM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List