Page 728 of 807 FirstFirst ... 228628678718726727728729730738778 ... LastLast
Results 7,271 to 7,280 of 8063

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I don’t know what those hippies in Austin do but down here there are very few places. posted 30.06 other than public institutions and 51% establishments.

I can count on one hand the number of 30.06 signs I've seen from smack in the middle of downtown clear up to Cedar Park. Lots and lots of 30.05/07s, though. Also never followed up on the TABC blue signs / 51% signs. When everything changed there was some vagueness on what was actually illegal. i.e. location restricted knives / saps / etc in places with a 51% or blue sign. Before the wording was "unlicensed carry of a weapon" and now it's who knows what. But 30.06 signs are same as they ever were: uncommon.

Also I see I may be the only one here that doesn't have a console vault. Good to know.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post

I can count on one hand the number of 30.06 signs I've seen from smack in the middle of downtown clear up to Cedar Park. Lots and lots of 30.05/07s, though. Also never followed up on the TABC blue signs / 51% signs. When everything changed there was some vagueness on what was actually illegal. i.e. location restricted knives / saps / etc in places with a 51% or blue sign. Before the wording was "unlicensed carry of a weapon" and now it's who knows what. But 30.06 signs are same as they ever were: uncommon.

Also I see I may be the only one here that doesn't have a console vault. Good to know.
    I've been surprised (slightly) that TABC hasn't been telling licensees to take down the Blue "unlicensed possession" signs... They are moot, given that a license is no longer required.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

No mention of the Charlottesville shoot'em up at UVA?

I guess these occur with such regularity that they're no big deal now.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Just read about it today.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/16/us/un...day/index.html

The student accused of killing three University of Virginia football players after a school field trip was denied bond Wednesday during a court hearing in Charlottesville.

According to a witness, suspect Christopher Darnell Jones Jr. shot one of the players, Devin Chandler, while he was sleeping, the Albemarle County prosecutor said. Fellow UVA Cavaliers Lavel Davis Jr. and D’Sean Perry were also killed.

Wednesday’s hearing also revealed that Jones was charged and convicted of a reckless driving and hit and run in 2021 and had a concealed weapons charge the same year. He received suspended sentences for all of the offenses.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Just read about it today.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/16/us/un...day/index.html

The student accused of killing three University of Virginia football players after a school field trip was denied bond Wednesday during a court hearing in Charlottesville.

According to a witness, suspect Christopher Darnell Jones Jr. shot one of the players, Devin Chandler, while he was sleeping, the Albemarle County prosecutor said. Fellow UVA Cavaliers Lavel Davis Jr. and D’Sean Perry were also killed.

Wednesday’s hearing also revealed that Jones was charged and convicted of a reckless driving and hit and run in 2021 and had a concealed weapons charge the same year. He received suspended sentences for all of the offenses.
    Wasn’t there some mention of hazing by football team members as a potential motive ?

Yes.
    We can't have that, can we? No jock should be able to diss ME.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    https://www.ktvu.com/news/two-held-i...property-owner

Two held in death of fellow squatter shot by elderly Vallejo property owner

By Henry Lee Published November 15, 2022 7:08PMCrime and Public SafetyKTVU FOX 2

VALLEJO, Calif. - Two suspects have been arrested on suspicion of murder in the death of a fellow squatter who was shot and killed by an 80-year-old property owner in Vallejo.

During the confrontation the elderly property owner was stabbed with a sword, authorities said.

The names of the suspects and the person who died were not released. The Solano County DA's office will determine whether to file formal murder charges.

The development comes as the property owner, Curt Lind, remained hospitalized Tuesday in an intensive care unit.

His son, Carl Lind told KTVU, "I'm just happy that he's alive, so. And he's going be OK, but they cut and slashed his eye. He's probably going to lose his eye."

The violence happened at about 7:20 a.m. Sunday on property the elderly man owns near 3rd and Lemon streets in Vallejo. For years, he's been trying to evict a group of people who haven't been paying the rent, his family says.

"A big part of this problem was this moratorium on rent, COVID. People took advantage of it," Carl Lind said.

It all came to a head on Sunday when the 80-year-old was stabbed.

"He had a samurai sword stuck to his back with about a foot of it sticking out in front, his face cut up all over," said his friend Patrick McMillan.

Carl Lind said of his father, "The truth is, they jumped him."

But at some point, McMillan said the property owner opened fire with a gun.

"After they attacked him he got his gun out and shot two of them, killed one of them. The other one had three shots to the chest," McMillan said.

A 31-year-old squatter was shot and killed. A 27-year-old squatter was shot and wounded.

Two other squatters have been booked on suspicion of murder. Vallejo police say they are legally liable for the death of their fellow squatter.

Now, Curt Lind's friends and family are hoping he will recover.

"Curt will help anybody, no matter what, even if they screw him, he'll help them again. He's just that kind of a guy," McMillan said.

Curt Lind's daughter, Dina Lind Morrill told KTVU, "He was very lucky..The police say they rarely see the victim of a crime survive attacks like this. I am very grateful that he is alive."

She said her father has numerous fractures and cuts throughout his body.

"And the sword impalement will take time to heal," she said.

The family has set up a Gofundme to support him.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.ktvu.com/news/two-held-i...property-owner

Two held in death of fellow squatter shot by elderly Vallejo property owner

By Henry Lee Published November 15, 2022 7:08PMCrime and Public SafetyKTVU FOX 2

That's one tough old man. With multiple broken bones, loss of vision in one eye and sword sticking through his chest, he manages to retrieve a gun, kill one attacker and put three rounds in the chest of the second attacker. Never give up!

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/multiple-...to-rican-coast

Multiple CBP agents wounded in shootout with suspected smugglers off Puerto Rican coast
    CBP agents airlifted to Puerto Rico hospitals, conditions unknown

Multiple U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents were shot while boarding a suspected smuggling vessel off the coast of Puerto Rico on Thursday.

The CBP released a statement on the incident late Thursday morning, detailing the time and place of the operation. No details are available regarding the agents specific conditions. The organization has also yet to identify any of the victims.

"On Nov. 17, at approximately 8:00AM, three CBP Marine Interdiction Agents were involved in an exchange of gunfire with individuals on board a suspected smuggling vessel upon approach 14 miles off the coast of Cabo Rojo Puerto Rico. The Marine Agents suffered various gunshot injuries as a result," the CBP said in a statement.

"The agents are being airlifted by CBP and Coast Guard to the Puerto Rico Trauma Center. The event is currently under investigation. Additional information will be provided as it becomes available," the statement continued.

The incident comes just one day after border agents discovered $2 million worth of cocaine in a capsized boat off the Puerto Rican coast. The agents also discovered a dead man under the boat.

The boat was described as a 23-foot vessel with two outboard engines. A firearm was found inside and turned over to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The drugs, which weighed roughly 198 pounds, tested positive as cocaine and were confiscated.

Puerto Rican authorities are investigating the dead male. The boat was taken to the Ramsey Border Patrol Station on the island territory.

Crap! Colorado is back in the news for a mass shooting.

5 dead and 18 injured.

https://gazette.com/news/crime/break...5b85cf2cd.html

They caught the dude. And maybe administered a little instant justice.
    A lone suspect, Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, was subdued at the club, taken into custody and transported to a local hospital to be treated for unspecified injuries two minutes after officers arrived, Vasquez said. The suspect remains in the hospital and it is unknown when he will be released, authorities said.

User Tag List