Thread: Afghanistan update

Afghanistan update

Listening to the newest Shawn Ryan Podcast episode and its a gentleman that is former us army, immigrated from Afghanistan before 9/11 and joined the Army. Served and deployed to Afghanistan with the army and DOD, now he is a resistance fighter.

I have had to stop it at several points because I got so pissed off. If you served over there, this will really get you spun up, you are warned.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2k5...b9b95d836f4091

Last edited by breakingtime91; 04-29-2024 at 02:44 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Listening to the newest Shawn Ryan Podcast episode and its a gentleman that is former us army, immigrated from Afghanistan before 9/11 and joined the Army. Served and deployed to Afghanistan with the army and DOD, now he is a resistance fighter.

I have had to stop it at several points because I got so pissed off. If you served over there, this will really get you spun up, you are warned.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2k5...b9b95d836f4091

I had just sent this clip (where he’s talking about the border) to my family saying it’s what really scares me right now.

@breakingtime91 I have a difficult time listening to Shawn Ryan. But I’ll listen to this based on your recommendation and because reasons.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    @breakingtime91 I have a difficult time listening to Shawn Ryan. But I’ll listen to this based on your recommendation and because reasons.
    He's not my favorite. He does a good job of just letting the guest talk in the last year or so. His most recent with Jordan Peterson was really great

He's not my favorite. He does a good job of just letting the guest talk in the last year or so. His most recent with Jordan Peterson was really great
    I’ve met him and one time I was his RSO on a carbine course he was teaching. He’s actually a very nice and humble guy .

Quote Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
    I’ve met him and one time I was his RSO on a carbine course he was teaching. He’s actually a very nice and humble guy .
    I should have specified, he wasn't always my favorite podcast host. I've heard from people in his circle that he's a great guy. A lot of people judge his past but the only reason they know about is because he was honest about getting sober. People are really weird towards people who admit they had issues and got sober.

I should have specified, he wasn't always my favorite podcast host. I've heard from people in his circle that he's a great guy. A lot of people judge his past but the only reason they know about is because he was honest about getting sober. People are really weird towards people who admit they had issues and got sober.
    I didn't know anything about that and I wouldn't hold that against him. I've done a lot of stupid shit in my past.
    I've listened to some of his shows in the before and didn't care for his interview style. I had time to listen to about 20 minutes of the above podcast on the way to work this morning. So far, so good.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

That in my mind is his best attribute as an interviewer- he lets guests talk, only interrupts to clarify or expand a point, and rarely tells his own story to help with a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    That in my mind is his best attribute as an interviewer- he lets guests talk, only interrupts to clarify or expand a point, and rarely tells his own story to help with a point.

I agree. I think he is fantastic now, I tried ti listen to him a few years ago and I got a bro vet vibe and bounced. I just recently started listening again and it's becoming one of my favorite podcasts.

Probably.my favorite moment of his was when he was interviewing a marine who is a triple amputee from Abbey Gate. He goes off on the people in power in the US. I haven't agreed with a podcast host more. They betrayed us and our dead. I'm still angry, like red hot angry when I talk about it. So is he.

User Tag List