Page 210 of 806 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310710 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 8059

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...-shootout.html

Two brazen punks burst through the door of a Lawndale pizzeria last night, their sights set on the register and its contents.

They grabbed the shop's lone customer, who had just ordered a Stromboli, snatched the $20 bill out of his hand and put a gun to his head.

But the man at the end of the revolver's barrel was an off-duty detective, and police said he went from victim to hero, waging a point-blank gun battle with the robbers that foiled their attack without any injuries to himself or bystanders.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Interesting- no real physical description of the perp.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Interesting- no real physical description of the perp.
    You'll have to excuse the philly news outlets, if its a black guy they won't publish (usually) a description.

It was a black guy.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...e23142330.html

This case is making big news in Charlotte. A gang leader had a couple murdered to prevent them from testifying. Apparently the husband got off a shot before his gun jammed. At least he went down fighting.

Cutter: terrible story, with a sad outcome for the couple under attack! Given their circumstances, a shotgun would've been pretty appropriate!

As I"m sure you can imagine, one of the first question occurring to many of us is: what pistol did he have, and what is known about the ammo? Maybe a Jennings or a HiPoint....but who knows?? It's be interesting to learn more about this.

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    Cutter: terrible story, with a sad outcome for the couple under attack! Given their circumstances, a shotgun would've been pretty appropriate!
    According to the story , the husband shot a gang leader 30 days earlier during an attempted robbery of his mattress store.

The thug boss survived, got arrested, and naturally sent his boyz in for some "get-back"-resulting in this recent double murder.

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm thinking his primary handgun is sitting in a police evidence room from the first incident; which possibly left him either scrambling to get a cheap replacement or carrying some pot metal backup gun, which then failed during the secondary attack.

This,and other incidents, illustrate the vital importance of a backup gun and home-owned body armor. The guy(s) who tries to kill you might be a connected member of the local underworld, and they don't care if your only defense gun is outta commission.

What citizens/LE members should do after a defensive shooting of a connected felon is a subject best explored in another thread ,methinks.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    The East coast Bloods are nasty business. They recently kidnapped the father of a NC prosecutor in retaliation for a Bloods leader receiving a life sentence.

http://www.wral.com/fbi-wake-forest-...utor/13560775/

Site Supporter
    Closer to home, a U.S. Customs & Border Protection Helicopter was shot down near Laredo yesterday afternoon. The crew is ok after an emergency landing.

This is not surprising given the recent shoot down of a Mexican military helicopter. It's worth remembering the bad guys do this shit for a living too.

http://m.mysanantonio.com/news/local...an-6310535.php

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Closer to home, a U.S. Customs & Border Protection Helicopter was shot down near Laredo yesterday afternoon. The crew is ok after an emergency landing.

This is not surprising given the recent shoot down of a Mexican military helicopter. It's worth remembering the bad guys do this shit for a living too.

http://m.mysanantonio.com/news/local...an-6310535.php
    Is it common to carry DA/SA pistols "Condition Zero" south of the border?

The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Given the operational environment and the disparity in training among Mexican security forces nothing would surprise me.

I beleive it was small arms or 50 BMG Fire targeted at the tail which brought down the CBP chopper. That said, RPGs are not uncommon in carel hands. The U.S. Consulate in Nuevo Laredo was temporarily shut down a few years ago after being hit by two RPG rounds.

User Tag List