Page 745 of 807 FirstFirst ... 245645695735743744745746747755795 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,450 of 8063

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

I too would have shot that pit if it was attacking my dog. I’m curious to see to how the FBI’s OPR will view this use of lethal force when it comes to policy, not law. My fear is that the FBI will view her dog as her property, and frown upon her use of lethal force to protect her property. On the other hand, the dynamics change in agent’s favor if the pit began attacking her or if she articulated a reasonable fear of being attacked.

Again, I don’t fault the agent. I just would not put it past the FBI to come up with something stupid in this case.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Here is another one from Sea-town.
    This is pretty lousy reporting. It really isn't clear what happened, whether the fellow had a malfunction or whether he had to reload.

From the SPD blotter:

At 11:09 p.m., police responded to the 5000 block of South Thistle Street for reports that someone had been shot. Arriving officers found a victim outside with a gunshot wound to each leg and a third gunshot wound in one of his feet. The 30-year-old man had already applied his own torniquet to one of his legs. Officers provided additional first aid until Seattle Fire Department medics arrived and transported the man to Harborview Medical Center.

The victim told police he had just arrived home with his wife and two young children. When he got out of the car to start unloading his kids from the back seat, two suspects approached him and his wife and demanded their belongings at gunpoint.

The victim pulled out his own handgun and the three exchanged gunfire.

The man said he moved away from his family as he was shooting in an attempt to draw the gunfire away them. His wife and children were not harmed in the incident.

https://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2023/...mpted-robbery/

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Here is another one from Sea-town.
    This is pretty lousy reporting. It really isn't clear what happened, whether the fellow had a malfunction or whether he had to reload.

From the SPD blotter:

At 11:09 p.m., police responded to the 5000 block of South Thistle Street for reports that someone had been shot. Arriving officers found a victim outside with a gunshot wound to each leg and a third gunshot wound in one of his feet. The 30-year-old man had already applied his own torniquet to one of his legs. Officers provided additional first aid until Seattle Fire Department medics arrived and transported the man to Harborview Medical Center.

The victim told police he had just arrived home with his wife and two young children. When he got out of the car to start unloading his kids from the back seat, two suspects approached him and his wife and demanded their belongings at gunpoint.

The victim pulled out his own handgun and the three exchanged gunfire.

The man said he moved away from his family as he was shooting in an attempt to draw the gunfire away them. His wife and children were not harmed in the incident.

https://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2023/...mpted-robbery/
    Had his own TQ, drew fire away from the principals through movement. Good work.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Student

Man charged in execution-style shooting death in downtown St. Louis

https://www.kmov.com/2023/03/01/man-...town-st-louis/
    A witness shared the video with News 4 Monday night. It shows one man loading a gun and pointing it at a man sitting on the curb and shooting him in broad daylight. People can be heard in the full version of the video trying to get someone to call 911.

The incident happened on Monday just after 10 a.m. outside of 710 N Tucker Blvd near Lucas Ave in front of the Globe Building. Witnesses told police there was an altercation outside of the Shell gas station across the street that took place prior to the shooting.

This is a bad one just posted on Active Self Protection.

(If anything reinforces the maxim to avoid stupid people and stupid places...this is clearly one.)

There's nothing civil about this war.

Why go outside the dude was leaving? Why start fights with someone you don’t know?
    Why not beat feet when the shooting started.
    These people ran up on the wrong dude and he killed them.

Site Supporter
    Expect Nothing.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-...tim-frying-pan

Naked Virginia woman shot in leg after she allegedly broke into home, attacked victim with frying pan: police
    Paula Locklear told the victim to 'get out of her house or she was going to kill him,' authorities said

A Virginia homeowner shot a naked woman in the leg after she allegedly broke into his home and attacked him with a frying pan, according to authorities.

Carroll County Sheriff's Office deputies initially responded to reports of a shooting on Loafers Rest Road in Austinsville on Feb. 26 and located Paula Michelle Locklear, 35, with a gunshot wound to the leg.

"During the course of the investigation, deputies determined that the shooting was the result of a breaking and entering," the sheriff's office said in a Sunday Facebook post. "The homeowner, who heard a noise at the rear area of the home, went to the kitchen and observed an unclothed female, who was unknown to the homeowner, coming into the rear door at which time [she] began hitting the homeowner with a cast iron fry pan in the head."

The victim was eventually able to kick Locklear out of his home and secure his door.

Locklear then allegedly went on the homeowner's back porch and "began turning all the electrical breakers off to the home and started beating on the kitchen window," the sheriff's office said.

She yelled at the victim to "get out of her house or she was going to kill him," and began beating on the victim's door, at which point he discharged a firearm and shot Locklear in the leg, according to authorities.

Virginia officials charged Locklear with felony breaking and entering while armed; assault and battery; and property damage.

The 35-year-old suspect is being held without bond pending her arraignment in the Carroll County General District Court.

The homeowner is not facing any charges after the Carroll County Commonwealth Attorney Roger Brooks determined that he was acting in self-defense.

Site Supporter
    Expect nothing.

Many people have preconceived notions of the threat they may need to engage with a firearm. And those preconceptions usually run towards thugs with face tattoos and Pitbulls but the reality is your shooting, may well involve a child, an elderly person, or an attractive young woman, who is seven months pregnant.

Disregard the “suspect is the victim” slant of the article.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/21...belmont-cragin

Pregnant woman shot and killed in Belmont Cragin while trying to rob someone: police

CHICAGO - A pregnant woman was fatally shot while trying to rob someone inside a car Monday afternoon on Chicago's Northwest Side.

At about 1 p.m., 21-year-old Genesis Escobar entered a vehicle in the 5200 block of West Montana Street and announced a robbery, police said.

During the incident, there was an exchange of gunfire between people inside the vehicle and someone outside the car.

Escobar was struck in the shoulder, back and hand, police said. She was transported to Illinois Masonic Medical Center where was pronounced dead.

Friends told reporters at the scene that she was seven months pregnant and the baby did not survive.

"When we got to the hospital, unfortunately, the baby was not able to be saved and she passed away as well," said Iris Alvarez, who was friends with Escobar and lives near the shooting.

Alvarez said she and her daughter heard four gunshots. "We looked out the window and seen that the vehicle – someone opened the driver door, walked around the vehicle, pulled the body out and drove off," she said.

"I feel that for a person to do that to someone, doesn’t have a heart," Alvarez added.

No one is in custody as detectives investigate.
    The deceased suspect.
    Name:  5F8B3901-C134-4018-AF06-AF1A4CDF3445.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  31.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I too would have shot that pit if it was attacking my dog. I’m curious to see to how the FBI’s OPR will view this use of lethal force when it comes to policy, not law. My fear is that the FBI will view her dog as her property, and frown upon her use of lethal force to protect her property. On the other hand, the dynamics change in agent’s favor if the pit began attacking her or if she articulated a reasonable fear of being attacked.

Again, I don’t fault the agent. I just would not put it past the FBI to come up with something stupid in this case.
    I don't fault the agent either. But in my area I don't think one can shoot a dog for attacking one's own dog. I think the dog has to be a threat to a person to justify a shooting. That's one of the reasons I carry pepper spray when I walk my pups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

It is being investigated and the association has supplied her with an attorney. It was a good shoot, I don’t think anyone is real worried about it.

User Tag List