Page 25 of 807 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125525 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Home invader... smoked!
    A would-be robber was fatally shot Wednesday and an accomplice was hospitalized after a homeowner returned gunfire during a home invasion on Marsh Market Road in northwestern Accomack County.

It was the second time in the area this year in which the victim of a home-invasion robbery fired a shot at an armed intruder.

After being shot, the suspects fled the scene by car and went to a Corner Mart convenience store a few miles away in Temperanceville. When they arrived at the store, officers found a male suspect dead, along with a wounded female suspect who was transported by ambulance to the hospital.....

From CBC News

Police in Charlotte, N.C., say four people were wounded after shots were fired during a Mothers of Murdered Offspring anti-violence rally anti-violence vigil on Thursday night.

The shooting was the latest rash of violence in North Carolina's largest city, which has seen five people shot to death in the past week.

At the vigil, supporters were calling attention to the death of a man who police say was fatally shot when he tried to rob a convenience store, The Charlotte Observer reported.

A statement from police said officers were called by someone at the vigil who said a person pulled out a gun and began firing at people.

Officers did not find anyone shot at the scene but learned that each victim had called for help from a different location after the crowd scattered.

Police have made no arrests in the case.

WTF why a rally to call attention and sympathy to the much deserved death of an armed robber ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    WTF why a rally to call attention and sympathy to the much deserved death of an armed robber ?
    The guy was probably mindin' his business, and in the process of turning his life around.

Site Supporter
    Robbery victim shoots attacker to death outside of McDonald's

One dead, second (hit twice) in custody at hospital, third suspect known, but still at large.

In TX the two surviving assailants will likely be charged with murder for the death of the third assailant.
    I like that logic.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Indianapolis Mom's Quick Thinking Fends Off Carjackers

Indianapolis mom's quick thinking fends off carjackers

http://www.wthr.com/story/23352869/2...off-carjackers

Just saw a story on TV headlined,
    "Gunfire In Times Square!"

Turns out the NYPD was doing the shooting, although the suspect was thought to have a gun.

Two female bystanders hit, one in the knee, one grazed somewhere. No count of shots given in the story.
    Suspect eventually tazered and swarmed.

I think the headline should have mentioned the police and possibly included the news that bystanders were hit in NY again.
    That wouldn't fit the agenda too well, I guess.

Gun controlz iz for the safeteez of duh chirlren.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by ACP230 View Post
    Just saw a story on TV headlined,
    "Gunfire In Times Square!"

Turns out the NYPD was doing the shooting, although the suspect was thought to have a gun.

Two female bystanders hit, one in the knee, one grazed somewhere. No count of shots given in the story.
    Suspect eventually tazered and swarmed.

I think the headline should have mentioned the police and possibly included the news that bystanders were hit in NY again.
    That wouldn't fit the agenda too well, I guess.
    CNN reporting three shots fired by two officers. Two female bystanders hit in knee and buttocks with all mikes on the emotionally disturbed person running in front of traffic.

User Tag List