Page 693 of 807 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703743793 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 8069

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

I'm thinking that Chief Ison is a pretty stand up guy in the way he has been handling this and his public comments.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Has there been any consideration to a racial aspect for this shooter’s motivation? I can’t help but notice all the victims named had Hispanic names, and from my recollection Greenwood is not a Latino heavy area.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

In the video.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The linked article doesn’t specify the distance. Several other open sources mentioned 30 feet.
    It was in the video at the top of the page, around 3:21. Not sure if this video will get updated over the day, sometimes I've seen local news sites will keep a landing page for a major story and update the videos over the course of a few hours.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Has there been any consideration to a racial aspect for this shooter’s motivation? I can’t help but notice all the victims named had Hispanic names, and from my recollection Greenwood is not a Latino heavy area.
    Can’t speak to that but the shooters attempts to destroy his electronics are interesting. He submerged his cell phone in a toilet just before the shooting and he left his oven turned on with his laptop and a can of butane inside in an apparent attempt to destroy it.

Why is he needing counsel?
    Where's the sarcasm emoji?
    Shirley you ain't serious...

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Where's the sarcasm emoji?
    Shirley you ain't serious...
    Seems like I was asking that question recently.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Why is he needing counsel?
    It is generally a smart thing to to do if you have to shoot someone in self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Seems like I was asking that question recently.
    Yeah, sorry about setting you up for that!

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Yeah, sorry about setting you up for that!
    Physician, you did no harm.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    It has been a day here. Officer KIA. I am a bit salty.

The vast majority of elected county prosecutors Dem or Rep, are disinclined to charge folks who save lives in a mass shooting context despite possible violations of a CCW law presuming they are not otherwise prohibited persons.

Moreover, when folks post that if the GS had done what he did in place y, then x would happen to him, it is moderately frustrating. The GS did nothing in place y so such a post is completely irrelevant.

The site of this incident was Johnson County, IN. 180 seconds of research shows that the elected prosecutor is Joseph Villanueva.

https://dailyjournal.net/2022/04/02/...continue-work/

A 20 year plus career prosecutor who was Chief Deputy before taking the helm after the prior elected was convicted on a domestic.
    https://fox59.com/news/indycrime/for...ce-conviction/

This prosecutor is not charging the GS with anything so long as he is not an otherwise prohibited person. It is simply not going to happen.

My speculation is that the GS has counsel to act as a buffer with the press etc. and to have a complete understanding of the criminal v. civil litigation process.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List