Page 796 of 807 FirstFirst ... 296696746786794795796797798806 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,960 of 8063

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

New Mexico officer stabbed to death while on duty before suspect is shot and killed by witness, police say

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/las-cru...death-suspect/

Not much for details yet, this was the most recent item.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    There is some crazy talk of free Palestine ideology from the shooter, which could lend some credence to her bringing the kid along. However, all this talk is just that for now. I’ve not seen a single thing to confirm anything. The media and HPD are keeping a lid on things, which from HPD is a good thing till facts can be presented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CNN says "Free Palestine" written on the AR. Some explosive, maybe, components with her. Identity of the child not specified yet. Her home is being taken apart and I'm sure her media presence, etc.

News conference in a bit but I'm going out.

Side bar, go to gym. Local PD officer at the door because of ethnic threats. Gives you the 'eye'. I look like a nice old geezer, we cross eyes - get wished a nice day, SIR.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    There is some crazy talk of free Palestine ideology from the shooter, which could lend some credence to her bringing the kid along. However, all this talk is just that for now. I’ve not seen a single thing to confirm anything. The media and HPD are keeping a lid on things, which from HPD is a good thing till facts can be presented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    CNN says "Free Palestine" written on the AR. Some explosive, maybe, components with her. Identity of the child not specified yet. Her home is being taken apart and I'm sure her media presence, etc.

News conference in a bit but I'm going out.

Side bar, go to gym. Local PD officer at the door because of ethnic threats. Gives you the 'eye'. I look like a nice old geezer, we cross eyes - get wished a nice day, SIR.
    I would not put much faith in the reliability of CNN citing anonymous sources.

There are some other aspects of this that are weird and have been confirmed.

The suspect did claim to have explosives, which was unfounded. My understanding is the claim was made after the shooter was down, which makes me think it could have been to delay medical if this was a “suicide by cop.”

Church shooter was transgender El salvadorian identifying as a female named Genesse but with a criminal record & mental health hold dating back to 2005 under the name Jeffrey Escalante. There was a domestic dispute with the ex & his family.

According to the Washington Post, the 56 year old man shot in the hip and the shooter's 7 year old son shot in the head were hit by security. The 7 year old is not expected to survive.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 02-12-2024 at 04:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Still the fog of war - https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/12/u...-shooting.html

Gender issues, antisemitism, mental illness , assault rifle access, history of interactions - pick your causality for your politics will be the game for awhile.

Probably turn out to be a grievance, suicide by cop, gender identity, trying leave a message about something, maybe specific grudge with that church, freedom of religion and Christianity under attack? Who knows now.

For more:
    “We don’t understand why these things happen, but we know God’s in control,” said Mr. Osteen, who tends to avoid wading into politics. “There are forces of evil, but the forces that are for us, the forces of God, are stronger than that.”
    Let's cue up theodicy and Thomas Aquinas.

The gender identity and immigration issues will be played up or down by the usual talking doofuses and HERE'S OUR PANEL OF EXPERTS!
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Church shooter was transgender El salvadorian identifying as a female named Genesse but with a criminal record & mental health hold dating back to 2005 under the name Jeffrey Escalante. There was a domestic dispute with the ex & his family.

According to the Washington Post, the 56 year old man shot in the hip and the shooter's 7 year old son shot in the head were hit by security. The 7 year old is not expected to survive.
    That is my understanding but there is a local ABC story which seems to be claiming the opposite.

https://abc13.com/lakewood-church-sh...-boy/14414345/

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That is my understanding but there is a local ABC story which seems to be claiming the opposite.

https://abc13.com/lakewood-church-sh...-boy/14414345/
    From the link, things like this piss me off. What does this have to do with the shooting, where the doer had two long guns?

Before permitless carry was signed into law, Texans generally needed to be licensed to carry handguns openly or concealed. Applicants had to submit fingerprints, complete four to six hours of in-person training, and pass a written exam and a shooting proficiency test. As far as rifles go, Texas does not require a license to openly carry one in public.

Texas is coming up on two years since permitless carry passed in the State Legislature, which has allowed Texans to carry handguns without a license since September 2021.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    From the link, things like this piss me off. What does this have to do with the shooting, where the doer had two long guns?
    An excuse to bash legal gun owners and those who chose to carry to protect themselves from the crazies the system refuses to protect us from.

There have been multiple reports of the PODS history. Irrelevant go gender status or issues, this PODS had a long litany of charges against her that should have had her sitting in jail. Various weapons charges and an assault on a public official (assuming this was an assault on a cop). How this PODS is still walking around leaves a trail of questions about what type of work our local DA's and other prosecutors are actually doing. I'd like to see just how may chances the Harris county DA pissed away to remove a screaming red flag from circulation. Much like George Floyd, who would still be alive had he not been released from jail early, this will should get racked up as a failure of imbecilic policies and political gamesmanship, but will be spun to make legal gun owners/ownserhip the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    New Mexico officer stabbed to death while on duty before suspect is shot and killed by witness, police say

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/las-cru...death-suspect/

Not much for details yet, this was the most recent item.

New news bit indicates witness was a female that was driving by the incident happening in the street, stopped her car, shot the suspect, then called in on the officers radio and stayed with him until help arrived.

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

User Tag List