Page 529 of 807 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530531539579629 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    Buc-ee's in Baytown, Brookshire, and Luling. Cleanest bathrooms and great coffee.
    I always stop at the Baytown one when heading that way. It's just the right distance from home for my bladder. And the gas prices are usually good.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Looks like the next time I head west on I-10 I'll find somewhere before or after San Antonio to fill up...
    I 10 does a big zigzag through San Antonio with the middle portion downtown being a combination of I 10 and I 35.
    The section of I 10 west of downtown is not too bad. The section of I 10 east of downtown is probably not somewhere you want to stop for gas.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Looks like the next time I head west on I-10 I'll find somewhere before or after San Antonio to fill up...
    Come on, it’s been like three years since the last time we had someone with a grenade here .....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Not a shooting incident, but, hey, self-defense is self defense.

Had the suspect gone into the house while the former female roommate was there, who the suspect was apparently stalking, she probably would have been better off with something more "equalizing" than a battle axe.

Ain’t that a cunning hat?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Ain’t that a cunning hat?
    Man walks down the street in a hat like that, people know he’s not afraid of anything.

Rural Retreat, Virginia:

The Wythe County Sheriff's Office said it received a call about a stolen vehicle in Rural Retreat Saturday around 2 p.m. Authorities said a deputy responded to the 500 block of of Chinquapin Avenue where the stolen vehicle had struck a tree. The deputy then encountered the suspect identified as 28-year-old William Cody Grimes.

Authorities said a struggle ensued over the deputy's handgun after Grimes assaulted the deputy. Police said Grimes took the gun from the deputy and began firing at him several times. Authorities said the deputy's holster was struck as he was trying to get behind his patrol vehicle. The deputy then retrieved his patrol rifle and returned fire, striking Grimes several times, police added.
    https://wcyb.com/news/local/rural-re...olved-shooting

Trying to live up to his name, eh?

Husband kills wife & wife's boyfriend in a Walmart parking lot before an armed bystander intervenes. Husband kills himself when confronted.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-Walmart.html

Site Supporter
    From SA

Lawyer dies after being shot by gun presented as evidence in court

How many layers of FAIL does it take for a weapon to make it all the way to trial without being cleared?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    From SA

Lawyer dies after being shot by gun presented as evidence in court

How many layers of FAIL does it take for a weapon to make it all the way to trial without being cleared?
    Freak accidents like this are one of the reasons I believe everyone (especially US residents) should know how to safely handle firearms. Guns exist. They're all around us.

User Tag List