Page 799 of 807 FirstFirst ... 299699749789797798799800801 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,990 of 8066

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

The suspects in the KC shooting have been confirmed as juveniles with gang affiliations. The citizens who subdued one of the shooters literally live right across the tracks from us, in the town where my wife teaches.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Armed 12 and 13 year old fire at police as they flee in a stolen car.

https://x.com/Mrgunsngear/status/175...651014211?s=20

2 Officers and a tac medic killed in MN:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/developin...142900177.html

BURNSVILLE, Minn. — Two police officers and a paramedic were shot and killed in a Twin Cities suburb Sunday morning, authorities said, and the man who shot them is also dead.

Superintendent Drew Evans with the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said Burnsville police officers were called to a home at about 1:50 a.m. on 33rd Avenue South and East 126th Street, just west of the Interstate 35E-Highway 77 interchange.

A suspect inside was reported to be armed, and several people were barricaded inside, including seven young children ranging in age from 2 to 15.

Evans said law enforcement "spent quite a bit of time negotiating with this individual," and paramedics came in for backup at about 5 a.m. Minutes later, dispatch ordered everyone to stay back after the suspect opened fire.

Burnsville city officials identified the victims as officers Paul Elmstrand and Matthew Ruge and firefighter/paramedic Adam Finseth. Sgt. Adam Medlicott with BPD was also shot but is expected to survive.

The suspect, who has not been identified, was reported dead at about 8 a.m., and the family members in the home made it out safely a short time later.

Evans said details surrounding the timing and exchange of gunfire are not clear at this point in the investigation.

"A terrible day for the city of Burnsville, all of the residents," Evans said.

The fallen first responders:

City officials said 27-year-old Elmstrand joined the Burnsville Police Department in 2017 and was promoted in 2019.

Ruge, also 27, joined the force in 2020.

Finseth, 40, has been a firefighter and SWAT paramedic in the city since 2019. Fire Chief B.J. Jungmann says Finseth previously worked with the fire departments in Savage and Hastings.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    2 Officers and a tac medic killed in MN:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/developin...142900177.html
    RIP Responders...

Shooter was felon in possession.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1759426366477594743

Name:  Motion 1.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  32.3 KB Name:  Denial 1.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  22.3 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Heartbreaking...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The suspects in the KC shooting have been confirmed as juveniles with gang affiliations. The citizens who subdued one of the shooters literally live right across the tracks from us, in the town where my wife teaches.
    Further info regarding additional shooters: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/kansas-cit...201400324.html

" Two adults have been arrested in connection with the mass shooting that erupted following a dispute at the Chiefs' Super Bowl parade last week, prosecutors announced Tuesday.
    Dominic Miller and Lyndell Mays each face charges of second-degree murder, two counts of armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon, Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said, noting that paradegoer Lisa Lopez-Galvan was allegedly fatally shot by a bullet from Miller's gun.
    It appears Mays was in a "verbal argument" at the parade with someone he had no prior history with, Baker said at a news conference. "That argument very quickly escalated to Mays" pulling out his handgun, and "almost immediately, others pulled their firearms," including Miller, Baker said."

I don't want to paste the whole copyrighted story but there is a pretty detailed description of the initial confrontation and the mindset of these shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    Further info regarding additional shooters: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/kansas-cit...201400324.html

" Two adults have been arrested in connection with the mass shooting that erupted following a dispute at the Chiefs' Super Bowl parade last week, prosecutors announced Tuesday.
    Dominic Miller and Lyndell Mays each face charges of second-degree murder, two counts of armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon, Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said, noting that paradegoer Lisa Lopez-Galvan was allegedly fatally shot by a bullet from Miller's gun.
    It appears Mays was in a "verbal argument" at the parade with someone he had no prior history with, Baker said at a news conference. "That argument very quickly escalated to Mays" pulling out his handgun, and "almost immediately, others pulled their firearms," including Miller, Baker said."

I don't want to paste the whole copyrighted story but there is a pretty detailed description of the initial confrontation and the mindset of these shooters.
    Obviously, IMO, the suspect quoted in the story waived his right to legal counsel:

When police asked Mays why he "advanced" on the other group in the first place, Mays "replied, 'Stupid, man. Just pulled a gun out and started shooting. I shouldn’t have done that. Just being stupid,'" the probable cause affidavit said.

"When reminded that the person Lyndell Mays was shooting at was running away from him, Lyndell Mays replied, 'I know,'" the probable cause affidavit said.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Was Dominic Miller a prohibited person? If not, why wasn't he entitled to self defense?

Obviously he should pick better friends and know his target/what's behind it, but it sounds like he did nothing to instigate the confrontation and fired only after Mays fired...

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2024...icle-break-in/

Homeowner shot, vehicles burglarized in far West Side neighborhood, deputies say
    Shooting happened just after 5 a.m. in 8800 block of Creager Canyon

SAN ANTONIO – The Bexar County Sheriff’s Office is searching for multiple suspects accused of shooting a homeowner and burglarizing vehicles in a far West Side neighborhood.
    Deputies said on Tuesday, from 3:30 a.m. to 5 a.m., the suspects were caught on video attempting to burglarize vehicles.

In the first incident on Shooter Cove, Sheriff Javier Salazar said the suspects stole a white 2017 Lexus with Texas license plate JBG-9307. The vehicle was allegedly unlocked with the keys inside.

The suspects were seen trying to open car doors on another street in the same subdivision. One of the suspects was carrying a pistol in his hand, Salazar said.

When the suspects attempted to burglarize a vehicle on Creager Canyon, Salazar said an unarmed homeowner came outside to confront them. The homeowner ended up being shot when the suspects fled the scene inside the stolen white Lexus.
    Salazar said some of the victim’s family members were being shot at when the suspects opened fire.
    The homeowner was taken by ambulance to an area hospital, where he is expected to recover, BCSO said.
    BCSO says to contact 210-335-6000 with any relevant information in this case.

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2024...d-car-burglar/

I wasn’t trying to take someone’s life’: Homeowner talks about shooting suspected car burglar
    Car burglary suspect hospitalized with wounds in both legs

SAN ANTONIO – A Northeast Side man says hurting someone else was the furthest thing from his mind.
    Yet that is what he says he was forced to do after finding a stranger outside his home, located in the 6900 block of Caribou Creek, early Tuesday morning.

“I was just lying in bed around 3 a.m. The camera went off letting me know there was motion detected in the front,” said the homeowner, who did not want to reveal his identity.
    The 36-year-old military veteran and Purple Heart recipient said what he saw on his surveillance camera prompted him to grab his gun and head out to his driveway.
    He said a man wearing a red hoodie was inside his pickup, going through his property.

After he confronted the stranger, though, the homeowner says things took an especially scary turn.
    The suspect, he said, began running, seemingly heading for his front door. The two then met face-to-face in the front yard, the homeowner said.

“It was pitch black. I couldn’t see what he had in his hands,” he said. “All I know is he raised his hands and was coming toward me, so I began to fire my weapon.”

According to officers at the scene, the homeowner fired at least ten rounds.
    After daylight, it was clear that some of the gunfire had struck a neighbor’s parked SUV and garage door.
    No one else was hurt.

The suspect, who was wounded once in both legs, later showed up at a neighborhood hospital about a half mile away.

Although the suspect initially denied being wounded at the scene of the car burglary, police say they found his car, with blood inside, in the parking lot of the hospital.
    They say the red sedan matched the description of the one that left the scene of the shooting.
    Police say there were reports of a second person inside the car with him, but that other person was gone when officers arrived.
    They say the 19-year-old suspect’s wounds were not life-threatening.
    “I felt as though I was protecting myself. It wasn’t about protecting my property,” the homeowner said, later. “I wasn’t trying to take someone’s life for personal property.”

At least for now, police appear to agree. They said the homeowner is not facing any charges at this time.

User Tag List