Page 623 of 807 FirstFirst ... 123523573613621622623624625633673723 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,230 of 8069

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    https://www.police1.com/juvenile-cri...XdKMNOUr393g2c

Girl, 14, and boy, 12, open fire on deputies after home break-in Sheriff Mike Chitwood called the assault on officers by two armed children "something I've never seen in 35 years in policing"

DELTONA, Fla. — A 12-year-old boy and a 14-year-old girl who ran away from a juvenile group home Tuesday night in central Florida allegedly opened fire on police officers after the youths broke into a house and armed themselves with several of the homeowner's guns.

The siege happened at 1050 Enterprise Osteen Road in the city of Deltona, north of Orlando, where at least eight deputies reportedly took cover amid the trees outside the home as bullets whizzed by.

None of the deputies were injured.

The 14-year-old girl, however, was shot and wounded after police said she fired at them multiple times using a pump-action shotgun. The boy, who was armed with the AK-47, surrendered.

As of Wednesday morning, the girl was said to be in critical condition after undergoing surgery at an area hospital.

At a news conference late Tuesday, Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood said the assault on law enforcement officers by two armed children was "something I've never seen in 35 years in policing."

The incident began early Tuesday evening when staff at the Florida United Methodist Children's Home called police and reported the pair missing. The girl hit a staff member with a stick before fleeing with the boy, according to a news release from the sheriff's office.

It was unclear what sparked the confrontation. Police were told that the boy was diabetic and needed insulin every four hours, increasing the urgency to find them.

Deputies were searching the immediate area around 7:30 p.m. when a passerby alerted them to glass breaking at a nearby house.

The children were spotted inside.

Authorities then contacted the homeowner, who was not present at the time and informed police that no one else was supposed to be there. Sheriff's officials were then told that a shotgun, an AK-47 and 200 rounds of ammunition were inside.

That's when deputies surrounded the house and began trying to talk the two into surrendering peacefully, reports said.

But the girl threatened to kill a sheriff's sergeant and fired at him multiple times about 8:30 p.m., police said.

Over the next 35 minutes, authorities said the children fired at the deputies four separate times. At one point an officer approached the home to toss a cellphone inside to try to talk to them.

"They were traversing the length of that house and opening fire on deputies from different angles," Chitwood said. "They were out on the pool deck, they shot from the bedroom window, they shot from the garage door. This is like Bonnie and Clyde at 12 years old and 14 years of age."

The girl eventually came out of the garage with the shotgun and pointed it at deputies, who repeatedly ordered her to drop the weapon, Chitwood said. Ignoring their commands, the girl walked back into the garage.

"She comes back a second time and that's when deputies open fire and she takes multiple rounds," Chitwood said.

Deputies provided medical aid to the girl before emergency officials arrived on the scene.

"Deputies did everything they could tonight to de-escalate, and they almost lost their lives to a 12-year-old and a 14-year-old," the sheriff said. "If it wasn't for their training and their supervision... Somebody would have ended up dead."

Chitwood said the preliminary information shows the deputies took "multiple, multiple rounds — until they were left with no other choice but to return fire."

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is withholding the names of the children because of their age.

Chitwood said the girl had been in trouble numerous times over the past year. She was accused of stealing puppies and burning down a house on April 10.

It's time to fire up ol' Sparky again. Screw this rehabilitation nonsense.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter

Committee sources confirm local man’s Father of the Year nomination under review.

Florida boy, 10, shot after homeowner returns paintball fire with real gunfire

The boy's father was charged with child neglect with great bodily harm after authorities said he took his son on a paintball 'drive-by' shooting.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...tent=algorithm

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.police1.com/juvenile-cri...XdKMNOUr393g2c

Girl, 14, and boy, 12, open fire on deputies after home break-in Sheriff Mike Chitwood called the assault on officers by two armed children "something I've never seen in 35 years in policing"

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wilmington...ry?id=78057924

Three Wilmington police officers were shot while responding to a call in Delaware's largest city on Wednesday night, authorities said.

The shooting occurred on North Market Street in Wilmington's Brandywine village neighborhood. The injured officers were transported to a local hospital in stable condition, according to a press release from the Wilmington Police Department.

Additional details were not immediately available.

Authorities on the scene where police officers were shot while responding to a call in Wilmington, Del., late on June 2, 2021.
    There was a massive police presence in the area surrounding the incident overnight and into Thursday morning as various law enforcement agencies responded to the scene. Several city blocks were shut down as dozens of officers stood guard with their guns drawn.

Authorities had asked people in the area to shelter in place and await further instructions. That order was lifted by 10:30 a.m. local time on Thursday.

"There is no immediate threat to the public at this time," the Wilmington Police Department said in a statement Thursday morning. "Our investigation is ongoing, and we will release further information as soon as possible."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Angry Road rage - 6 year old shot and killed

Site Supporter
    https://abc11.com/mom-accidentally-s...earm/10733299/

Mom accidentally shoots her 5-year-old son while trying to target loose dog, Houston police say

HOUSTON -- A mother has been charged after accidentally shooting her 5-year-old son while trying to shoot a dog that was running across the street in north Houston, according to police.

The incident happened at 700 Dunham Road on Saturday afternoon.

Angelia Mia Vargas, 24, has been charged with deadly conduct with a firearm.

According to neighbors, Vargas, her son, and another family member were riding bikes down the street when a dog ran out.

That dog, named Bruno, is a 6-month-old boxer puppy. Bruno's owner did not want to appear on camera, but told our sister station ABC13 what happened.

"I came out of my house because Bruno was barking and barking. I thought my brother was coming," said the owner, who thought Bruno's barking was to indicate his brother was at the door. "So, I open the door just a little bit and he comes running out."

In Ring doorbell video obtained by ABC13, you can see Bruno running out with the owner following immediately behind. The owner can be seen telling the dog to come back in the house. The dog roams out onto the street, and less than a second later, multiple shots rang out. Gunshots were then followed by extended screaming by the little boy's parents.

TWEET
    EMAIL
    Mom accidentally shoots her 5-year-old son while trying to target loose dog, Houston police say
    By Miya Shay
    Wednesday, June 2, 2021 12:37PM

EMBED <>MORE VIDEOS
    A typical summer weather pattern of possible afternoon showers settles in for the next few days.

HOUSTON -- A mother has been charged after accidentally shooting her 5-year-old son while trying to shoot a dog that was running across the street in north Houston, according to police.

The incident happened at 700 Dunham Road on Saturday afternoon.

Angelia Mia Vargas, 24, has been charged with deadly conduct with a firearm.

According to neighbors, Vargas, her son, and another family member were riding bikes down the street when a dog ran out.

Get ABC11 breaking news delivered to your inbox
    Email Address
    By providing my email address, I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Sign me up

That dog, named Bruno, is a 6-month-old boxer puppy. Bruno's owner did not want to appear on camera, but told our sister station ABC13 what happened.

"I came out of my house because Bruno was barking and barking. I thought my brother was coming," said the owner, who thought Bruno's barking was to indicate his brother was at the door. "So, I open the door just a little bit and he comes running out."

In Ring doorbell video obtained by ABC13, you can see Bruno running out with the owner following immediately behind. The owner can be seen telling the dog to come back in the house. The dog roams out onto the street, and less than a second later, multiple shots rang out. Gunshots were then followed by extended screaming by the little boy's parents.

VIDEO | Tennessee woman jumps into frozen pool to rescue dog

VIDEO: Tennessee woman jumps into frozen pool to rescue dog

VIDEO: Tennessee woman jumps into frozen pool to rescue dog

Vargas's 5-year-old son was rushed to the hospital in stable condition with non-life-threatening wounds, police say.

The boy was struck in the abdomen by one of the three bullets that Vargas allegedly fired from a small caliber pistol, according to Detective J. Hasley with the HPD Major Assaults and Family Violence Division.

"She could have handled it differently. You know, she was there, her husband was there, I was there, nothing would have happened. Nothing bad like that," said Bruno's owner.

He says he felt bad for the child getting hit, and has had nightmares since that day.

"I was asleep and I had a dream hearing the little boy crying, and that's what woke me up when I was sleeping yesterday."

From the video, you can tell only a few seconds elapsed from the dog running out to gunfire. Bruno was grazed on one leg, but otherwise fine. Bruno's owner was given a Class C misdemeanor citation for having a loose dog.
    This lady is fortunate both that her son was not killed or injured more seriously and that the dogs owner seems like a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://abc11.com/mom-accidentally-s...earm/10733299/

This lady is fortunate both that her son was not killed or injured more seriously and that the dogs owner seems like a nice guy.
    Yes not good use of firearm unless the dog was attacking or trying to that wasn't visible in the video.

Braintree (MA) police K-9 killed, 2 officers injured after suspect's ambush

Kitt, the police dog, a 12-year veteran of the force, was killed. The wounded officers were transported to area hospitals and underwent surgery, but police said their prognoses were good. The suspect, Andrew Homen, 34, was also killed.
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-k9-...ry?id=78104790

https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/brai...n_16x9_992.jpg

User Tag List