Page 731 of 807 FirstFirst ... 231631681721729730731732733741781 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,310 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Currently it looks like he killed six people, shot four more, then offed himself. Apparently he used a handgun. Maybe that means they will be beating the "ban high capacity magazines" drum instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Currently it looks like he killed six people, shot four more, then offed himself. Apparently he used a handgun. Maybe that means they will be beating the "ban high capacity magazines" drum instead.
    From the linked article:

I am absolutely heartbroken that America’s latest mass shooting took place in a Walmart in my district in Chesapeake, Virginia tonight. I will not rest until we find the solutions to end this gun violence epidemic in our country that has taken so many lives.
    — L. Louise Lucas (@SenLouiseLucas) November 23, 2022

"I will not rest until we find the solutions to end this gun violence epidemic in our country that has taken so many lives," she said.

Sounds like all firearms are fair game.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Without a doubt that is the end goal. Even these morons know they will have to do it incrementally. The attacks are coming from many directions.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    From the linked article:

I am absolutely heartbroken that America’s latest mass shooting took place in a Walmart in my district in Chesapeake, Virginia tonight. I will not rest until we find the solutions to end this gun violence epidemic in our country that has taken so many lives.
    — L. Louise Lucas (@SenLouiseLucas) November 23, 2022

"I will not rest until we find the solutions to end this gun violence epidemic in our country that has taken so many lives," she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Without a doubt that is the end goal. Even these morons know they will have to do it incrementally. The attacks are coming from many directions.
    Hence why they focus on gun violence. Non gun violence is not as much of a concern, I guess.

I apologize for side tracking the thread with the gun control issue.

We now return you to your regularly schedule "Shooting incidents in the news" thread.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Local news is reporting it was a Walmart manager shooting up a break room.
    AP has the same.

https://apnews.com/article/walmart-s...ed367ce0c81c83
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/2022/11/24...rm-police-say/

Houston officer shoots at homeowner while responding to panic medical alarm, police say
    Officer fired his weapon into a Houston-area residence Wednesday evening

HOUSTON – A Houston police officer responding to a medical call fired his gun into a home in Kingwood while responding to a panic medical alarm at the residence, police said.

KSAT sister station KPRC reported that the officer responded to the alarm around 10:50 p.m. Wednesday in the 5500 block of August Hill Drive.

Houston Fire Department emergency officials were standing by when officers arrived at the scene, KPRC reported.
    Two officers knocked on the front door of the residence and went around to the back of the home after nobody answered the front door, police said.

That’s when the two officers say they saw a silhouette of a man with a gun through the window.
    According to KPRC, investigators said the person in the window pointed a gun at the officers before one of the officers discharged his firearm and retreated.

Houston police said they later learned that the person with the gun was the homeowner who was startled by sounds in his backyard.

The homeowner said he was half asleep while walking through his house with his firearm and checking to see what was going on, police told KPRC.

Police suspect there might have been a malfunction to the alarm system.

No one was injured in the shooting.

Site Supporter
    Just heard the nephew of a friend was shot by Austin police and died.

The story from the family is he had just bought a rifle, heard rats or squirrels on the roof, and went outside and fired the rifle at the squirrels up on the roof.

Of course a neighbor called it in as a man shooting a rifle at a house.

He was a legit good smart young dude. The family and friends are obviously distraught, and are making noises about why did the police shoot my boy. I tried to respectfully communicate what a dumbass maneuver shooting a rifle up at your roof in a populated community is on so many levels. The message maybe got through to one person. SMH, what a useless tragedy.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/sout...an-moonesinghe

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Just heard the nephew of a friend was shot by Austin police and died.

The story from the family is he had just bought a rifle, heard rats or squirrels on the roof, and went outside and fired the rifle at the squirrels up on the roof.

Of course a neighbor called it in as a man shooting a rifle at a house.

He was a legit good smart young dude. The family and friends are obviously distraught, and are making noises about why did the police shoot my boy. I tried to respectfully communicate what a dumbass maneuver shooting a rifle up at your roof in a populated community is on so many levels. The message maybe got through to one person. SMH, what a useless tragedy.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/sout...an-moonesinghe
    Some horrible decision making by the deceased.... Guessing something more involved... substances, mental health, etc..

"Shots can be heard on the video that is coming from the officer's cameras as they are exiting their vehicles," Chief Chacon said.

APD said officers told Moonesinghe to drop the gun and when he didn’t, an officer shot him.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Some horrible decision making by the deceased.... Guessing something more involved... substances, mental health, etc..
    Yeah I don’t even know how the family “knows” he was shooting at animals on the roof, didn’t want to push that question.

User Tag List