Page 715 of 807 FirstFirst ... 215615665705713714715716717725765 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    https://www.kens5.com/article/news/l...c-7a794fd9f81d

Man shoots at 'peeping Tom' he caught looking at daughter through bedroom window

Police say the father is not expected to face any charges.

SAN ANTONIO — A man shot at a peeping Tom he said was staring at his daughter through her bedroom window late Wednesday night on the far northwest side of town.

It happened around 10:30 p.m. in the 6800 block of Seco Creek near Loop 1604.
    When officers arrived at the location, they met with a father who said he was forced to shoot at a man that was standing outside of his daughters window.

Police say it all started when the man's daughter caught someone staring at her through her bedroom window, and she immediately left her room and told her dad.

The father went outside and caught the man near his daughters window. He told police that the 'peeper' pulled out a knife and lunged at him.

The father said he pulled out a gun and shot towards the suspect several times. According to police, they didn't find anyone with gunshot wounds.

Eagle assisted in the search from above and couldn't locate anyone.

Poilice say the man was described as being in his 30s with a beard.

Site Supporter
    https://abc13.com/man-shot-during-al...fice/12234746/

18-year-old man killed after woman finds him in juvenile daughter's bed, deputies say

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- An 18-year-old man is facing charges after investigators said he shot and killed another 18-year-old in the driveway of a home in Spring.

Sgt. Ben Beall with the Harris County Sheriff's Office said the 911 call came in about 11:10 a.m. on Friday from a home on Blodgett Peak Trail.

According to investigators, the homeowner called deputies saying she found the 18-year-old victim in bed with her juvenile daughter. The victim is possibly the juvenile's ex-boyfriend.

The mother said she alerted her 18-year-old nephew, who was home at the time, to what was going on.

Investigators said the nephew and the victim ended up in a shootout outside the home.

"We've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 14 to 15 fired shell casings right at the front door," Sgt. Beall said. "There are numerous bullet strikes in the house and in the driveway. We've got the neighbor's house across the street that has three to five bullet strikes on it."

The victim ended up being hit several times and died at the hospital.

When asked how confident they felt in the stories they have been given about what happened, Sgt. Beall said, "We are not confident at all."

"We have gotten different versions of what was called in to 911 and what she told us happened, and we are trying to sort out what the accurate story is," Sgt. Beall said.

The shooter was detained by deputies on scene for questioning and later arrested.

"One of the stories we are getting is it could be considered self defense," Sgt. Beall said. He later said investigators didn't believe the self-defense claim.

While at a separate homicide scene Friday night, Beall elaborated on what happened, saying the victim was gathering up his stuff to leave, was polite, and was outside the house when he was killed.

The house where the shooting happened is linked to a murder in the neighborhood from the end of July.

Jamyrion Williams, 18, also lived in the home. He was arrested for killing a man and wounding another in a shooting following a fight on July 23.

Williams is still in the Harris County jail.

Sgt. Beall does not believe that shooting is connected to what happened today.

"You've got people who shouldn't have guns who are out there running around with guns," Sgt. Beall said. "I understand you've got someone who comes up with these brilliant ideas that buying guns off the street that that's somehow solves the crime problems. They are totally out of touch with reality."

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://abc13.com/man-shot-during-al...fice/12234746/

18-year-old man killed after woman finds him in juvenile daughter's bed, deputies say

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022...mpt-sapd-says/

Smoke shop employee shoots, injures suspect during robbery attempt, SAPD says
    The suspect was stuck multiple times by the gunfire and is hospitalized

SAN ANTONIO – An employee at a smoke shop on the West Side shot a suspect during a robbery attempt, according to San Antonio police. That suspect is now recovering in an area hospital.
    The incident happened around 4:30 p.m. Sunday. The smoke shop is located in a shopping center near Ingram and Culebra Roads.
    Police said the suspect went into the shop and hopped over the counter as if he was going to rob the store.
    That’s when the employee pulled a gun and shot the suspect at least twice, according to SAPD.
    The suspect then took off on foot and made it across the street behind another store in the area. Police found him a short time later with multiple gunshot wounds.
    He was taken to an area hospital for further treatment. The employee was uninjured in the incident.
    SAPD is still canvassing the area and the investigation continues.

Site Supporter
    A Washington State Patrol (WSP) trooper is in serious condition at Harborview Medical Center after he was shot in Walla Walla Thursday evening.

WSP spokesperson Chris Loftis confirmed with KIRO Newsradio that the trooper was “shot in the face” after a confrontation.

According to The News Tribune, the shooting happened after a car rammed the trooper and his cruiser around 5:20 p.m. in the evening.

Fellow Trooper Sarah Clasen says the trooper who was shot was able to drive himself to Providence St. Mary Medical Center, about a mile from the incident.

After driving himself to a local hospital he was airlifted to Harborview.

State Patrol Chief John Batiste issued a statement early this morning, identifying the trooper as 5-year veteran Dean Atkinson.

The alleged suspect was arrested about a half-hour later trying to escape across the Oregon border.

https://mynorthwest.com/3647598/stat...-the-hospital/

1 dead in Brinks Truck robbery. Driver and bystander hospitalized. Police looking for white vehicle with multiple suspects https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...ng-in-oakland/

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    A Washington State Patrol (WSP) trooper is in serious condition at Harborview Medical Center after he was shot in Walla Walla Thursday evening.
    I certainly don’t want to make light of the events, and wish the trooper a full and speedy recovery.

But… I can be the only one thinking getting shot in the Walla Walla must be quite painful.

I know, I’m going to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    1 dead in Brinks Truck robbery. Driver and bystander hospitalized. Police looking for white vehicle with multiple suspects https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...ng-in-oakland/
    Dead guy was a robber shot by Brinks guard. https://abc7news.com/oakland-shootin...onal/12257500/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.kens5.com/article/news/l...c-7a794fd9f81d

Man shoots at 'peeping Tom' he caught looking at daughter through bedroom window

I was going to write about the time I caught a peeping Tom when I was a security guard 45 years ago, but since I kicked him in the nuts and didn't shoot him, I had best post it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I was going to write about the time I caught a peeping Tom when I was a security guard 45 years ago, but since I kicked him in the nuts and didn't shoot him, I had best post it elsewhere.
    That would go into the thread "Shoe-ting incidents in the news"...

The guy was a heel with no sole, so it's a good thing you dispatched him hell for leather with no strings attached.

(That should cover the week.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List