Page 795 of 807 FirstFirst ... 295695745785793794795796797805 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,950 of 8063

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    The shootist talked to LE and was not charged. The incident has been sent to the Grand Jury.
    Interesting. It seems at the very least the DA is punting to the GJ for political cover if he insists on charging vs coming right out and charging him.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/customer-f...ry?id=96294463
    No billed.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/a...empted-robber/
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    https://www.police1.com/officer-misc...lHSZudW92dfXic

Ky. police training instructor suspended after unintentionally shooting a recruit

During a firearms training session, the instructor fired a weapon he did not realize was loaded, hitting a recruit’s ballistic vest; he then discussed covering up the incident

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — A Louisville Metro Police officer and firearms instructor has been disciplined for accidentally shooting a recruit and considering covering it up, the Courier-Journal reported.

The incident occurred in March 2023 when firearms instructor Christopher Kitchen was training two recruits. During the training, Kitchen pointed his service weapon at one recruit and fired, not realizing the gun was loaded, according to the report.

The recruit was hit on the bullet-resistant vest he was wearing and sustained extensive bruising. Kitchen then talked with the recruits about possibly trying to cover up the incident, which went unreported for 10 to 45 minutes, according to the report.

After a November 2023 investigation, Kitchen was found to have violated LMPD’s policies regarding care and discharge of a firearm and unbecoming conduct and was suspended

LMPD strives to provide safe environments for the public and our employees. As such, a thorough investigation of the incident was completed, and discipline was issued to Officer Christopher Kitchen,” LMPD spokesperson Angela Ingram said in an emailed statement. “All parties involved are still actively serving the residents and visitors of Louisville.”

Site Supporter

Yikes.

Bring Your Kid, To Shoot-Up A Mega-Church

Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I hope the kid recovers well. How awful.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

The media called it a long gun, the reality of what that was & her prowess w/ it or lack of plus the distances & tools used by the fellas that put her down will be interesting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    The media called it a long gun, the reality of what that was & her prowess w/ it or lack of plus the distances & tools used by the fellas that put her down will be interesting.
    The shooter brought the kid with them to the shooting.

Who shot the kid is unclear at this time.

There’s done other weird chatter about this thing but it’s unconfirmed. I suggest the usual 24-48 hours for accurate open source info applies.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The shooter brought the kid with them to the shooting.

Who shot the kid is unclear at this time.

There’s done other weird chatter about this thing but it’s unconfirmed. I suggest the usual 24-48 hours for accurate open source info applies.
    Reading between the press conference lines makes it sound like the kid was hit by the good guys but that he was still placing all the blame on the woman for creating the situation.

"I will say this... That female, that suspect, put that baby in danger. I'm going to put that blame on her."
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 02-12-2024 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Reading between the press conference lines makes it sound like the kid was hit by the good guys but that he was still placing all the blame on the woman for creating the situation.
    That is my take. (I have been through police Active Shooter training.) The kid was, in effect, serving as a human shield, for the shooter, even if she was not actually holding the kid in a position between her and responding officers. (That detail has not yet been disclosed.) A reasonably-acting officer’s gunfire, striking the child, would, reasonably, result in a felony murder charge against the woman, had she survived the incident, and the child been killed.

I like Chief Finner. I like Houston’s new mayor. I am healthier, now, in some ways, than when I retired, six years ago. If HPD were to decide to adopt a reserve officer program, I just might renew my state peace officer license, and try to help with the manpower situation.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

There is some crazy talk of free Palestine ideology from the shooter, which could lend some credence to her bringing the kid along. However, all this talk is just that for now. I’ve not seen a single thing to confirm anything. The media and HPD are keeping a lid on things, which from HPD is a good thing till facts can be presented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List