Page 315 of 803 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 8026

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Range1 View Post
    "One person was shot and wounded at western Texas’ Alpine High School on Thursday morning before the shooter died of a self-inflicted gunshot, Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson said.
    A police officer also was accidentally shot by a marshal as officers responded to the first shooting, Dodson said. The conditions of the two injured people were not immediately released."

Story here:
    http://fox59.com/2016/09/08/texas-hi...-sheriff-says/
    I know a lot of the LE's in Alpine, including several that responded.
    I help run 3-gun matches down there quarterly and we get a big LE/USBP turnout.

Alpine is definitely the last place I would have expected a school shooting (or any kind of criminal shooting for that matter) to occur.
    Out in the Big Bend border region yes, in Alpine itself? WTF?
    Last edited by JodyH; 09-08-2016 at 06:58 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Range1 View Post
    "One person was shot and wounded at western Texas’ Alpine High School on Thursday morning before the shooter died of a self-inflicted gunshot, Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson said.
    A police officer also was accidentally shot by a marshal as officers responded to the first shooting, Dodson said. The conditions of the two injured people were not immediately released."

Story here:
    http://fox59.com/2016/09/08/texas-hi...-sheriff-says/
    AFAIK Alpine schools do not participate in the Texas School marshal program (Armed School employees) and the city of Alpine does not have a city marshals office. There is a federal courthouse and a corresponding U.S. Marshals Office in Alpine. We'll see what develops.

Site Supporter
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/08/us/tex...ing/index.html

In the confusion that followed, numerous law enforcement officers rushed to the scene and a US marshal accidentally shot a Homeland Security agent, Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson said.
    Dodson said the agent was in stable condition; he didn't release the condition of the wounded student. Her injuries didn't appear to be life-threatening.
    Not clear if the agent shot was with ICE or USBP.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-08-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Alpine has a huge Fed presence for such a small town.
    Fed courthouse with Marshals and FPS, USBP station, Fed F&WS, ICE, DEA, NPS and several others.
    There's also Alpine PD, DPS, Sheriff, Game Wardens, TPWD Rangers, a Texas Ranger, Sul Ross campus police and several others.
    I bet it was a multi-jurisdictional clusterfuck because everybody could be on location in minutes and nobody was going to take the time to organize or setup a command structure in a school shooting situation.
    Huge opportunity for blue on blue.
    Last edited by JodyH; 09-08-2016 at 09:58 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Alpine has a huge Fed presence for such a small town.
    Fed courthouse with Marshals and FPS, USBP station, Fed F&WS, ICE, DEA, NPS and several others.
    There's also Alpine PD, DPS, Sheriff, Game Wardens, TPWD Rangers, a Texas Ranger, Sul Ross campus police and several others.
    I bet it was a multi-jurisdictional clusterfuck because everybody could be on location in minutes and nobody was going to take the time to organize or setup a command structure in a school shooting situation.
    Huge opportunity for blue on blue.
    Compounded by the fact many of those Officers / Agents likely have kids attending the school.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Compounded by the fact many of those Officers / Agents likely have kids attending the school.
    Exactly.
    I know several do because they brought their kids to the 3-gun match 2 weeks ago.

Site Supporter
    Man shot, wounded trying to flee through Nogales border crossing

Border Patrol agent and officers with U.S. Customs and Border Protection shot and wounded a man after he attempted to drive through a border crossing in Nogales on Thursday afternoon.

Around 2 p.m., a man attempted to evade Border Patrol agents and drove south through the the Mariposa port of entry toward Mexico, BP's Tucson Sector Chief Paul Beeson told reporters at a press conference. As he drove through the crossing, the unidentified man swerved his vehicle in an apparent attempt to hit officers, Beeson said.

Customs officers and a Border Patrol agent fired their handguns at the driver, hitting him multiple times. He was airlifted to a Tucson-area hospital for treatment, Beeson said.
    http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/local/...rder-crossing/
    Last edited by HCM; 09-09-2016 at 01:35 AM.

Site Supporter
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/08/us/tex...ing/index.html

Not clear if the agent shot was with ICE or USBP.
    Curious if the shooting was mistaken identity or an ND ?

http://abc13.com/news/sheriff-says-1...oting/1503338/

Curious if the shooting was mistaken identity or an ND ?

http://abc13.com/news/sheriff-says-1...oting/1503338/
    I'm extremely interested to know if it's any of the BP guys we know from down there but i'm not going to inquire until things settle down.
    I don't want anyone to get in trouble for texting more info than they should and my good friend is probably very busy because of this because he's high up in that sector.

Seattle man killed friend for refusing to drink with him, police say | The Seattle Times
    Kent police say a 27-year-old Seattle man fatally shot his friend in the head early Sunday because he was mad the friend wanted to go to bed instead of continue drinking with him.

King County prosecutors charged Quang Ngoc Dinh on Friday with first-degree murder in connection with the death of 39-year-old Huy Huynh at a small gathering at Huynh’s girlfriend’s house. Dinh, who is being held in the King County Jail in lieu of $1 million bail, was also charged with first-degree assault for allegedly shooting a 31-year-old woman who was standing next to Huynh.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List