Page 650 of 807 FirstFirst ... 150550600640648649650651652660700750 ... LastLast
Results 6,491 to 6,500 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by tadawson View Post
    In this case, notably, attacking an armed man while committing criminal trespass . . . (not necessarily legal, though . . .)

But yes, the IQ displayed by both combined that day would be lucky to hit room temp . . .
    my house is sitting at 64*F right now. think they'd make it that high?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this but am hesitant to comment since I don't know what happened prior to the video starting, don't know the facts known to the shooter at the time about the decedent's verbalizations, actions, history of violence or being armed, etc.

All I'll say is that just because you're legal to bring a gun into a situation and shoot someone doesn't necessarily make it moral, ethical, or responsible. I probably could have shot multiple people in my life if I lived in Texas and approached every situation with this judgement.
    I agree, I have been reading the other comments and thinking about this, and it is probably a reasonable assumption to say there is a backstory that leads up to this and is probably an example of people looking for a justification rather than a way out of a conflict. We all talk about deescalation, but for damn sure nobody here was trying to deescalate a damn thing. Large guy is probably used to being a large guy all his life, and small guy (I am kinda a small guy) is probably tired of taking shit from large guys, probably this one in particular. And the large guy gives off ample clues of being an asshole, and probably has history of being an asshole in this custody situation. He tried to snatch the gun away, that is probably some more justification depending on jurisdiction.

Just the other day I interrupted a buddy when he was telling a story about something and said something to the effect of "You can shoot somebody if..." and I stopped him right there and said "Never say can, it makes you sound like you wanted to", and in this case I am pretty sure the small guy wanted to.

ETA: And the person in the car, who seems more interested in video evidence than the dead guy, calls the shooter by his first name right after he dropped the guy. Pretty sure these people have known and hated each other since probably the seventh grade or so.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 11-29-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Toronto police officer who shot renowned gunsmith won't talk to SIU

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Ontario man, 70, killed by police
    Norfolk OPP reported the incident occurred on Port Ryerse Road between St. John’s Road East and Highway 6. Toronto Police reported officers were executing a firearms search warrant when an officer discharged their firearm at about noon on Wednesday. The person who was struck was transported to hospital, police said in a social media post. The Special Investigations Unit is investigating the incident. The shots were fired near a residence, the SIU said in a media release. Three SIU and two forensic investigators have been assigned to the case.

https://www.simcoereformer.ca/news/l...toronto-police

Word around the campfire is that the deceased 70 year-old man was gunsmith Rodger Kotanko, proprietor of RK Custom Gunsmithing.
    The Toronto police officer who shot gunsmith Rodger Kotanko nearly a month ago won't talk to Ontario's police watchdog. Toronto police said officers arrived at Rodger's home on Port Ryerse Road around noon. Neighbours say some wore plain clothes and some wore tactical gear looking for guns. Family say they also had an ambulance with them. Rodger's family says Rodger was inside with an apparent customer working on a gun when a police officer standing outside the workshop shot him. The family lawyer has said Rodger had no criminal past and was a certified gunsmith who reportedly fixed guns for local police. Special Investigations Unit (SIU) spokesperson Kristy Denette told CBC Hamilton on Tuesday morning, the subject officer also "declined to release his notes, as is his legal right."
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...date-1.6269099

Unhappy ending

Webcam model accidentally shoots herself in vagina while filming X-rated clip for fans

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4144800...erself-vagina/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Webcam model accidentally shoots herself in vagina while filming X-rated clip for fans

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4144800...erself-vagina/
    See post 6463.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    See post 6463.
    Guess I shot myself in the dick with that one.

Site Supporter
    More News form the Land of Sunshine

MUSIC LEGEND CLARENCE AVANT
    WIFE JACQUELINE SHOT AND KILLED DURING HOME INVASION ROBBERY.......

Law enforcement sources tell us there was security at the home, the security guard was shot at as well, but did not return fire. We're told Clarence was not injured.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/01/clare...asion-robbery/

Site Supporter
    Not a shooting but another example of the person you may need to shoot in defense of self and/or there may not be the stereotypical thug you imagine.

https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2021...ce-police-say/

Corpus Christi woman arrested for threatening people with gun over H-E-B parking space, police say
    Video of incident led to woman’s arrest

A woman was arrested this week after she pulled out a gun and threatened other people over a parking space at an H-E-B, according to the Corpus Christi Police Department.
    Police said 60-year-old Rossie Dennis was arrested Tuesday on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
    She was wanted in the Nov. 24 dispute at the store located in the 11100 block of Leopard Street, in the Annaville neighborhood, police said in a Facebook post.
    The woman pointed a handgun at others and threatened to shoot them over a parking space on the day before Thanksgiving, police said. The incident was caught on camera and shared on social media pages, such as Reddit.
    The Reddit post claims that she pointed the weapon at a car with a woman and her 6-month-old baby inside.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Not a shooting but another example of the person you may need to shoot in defense of self and/or there may not be the stereotypical thug you imagine.

https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2021...ce-police-say/

Corpus Christi woman arrested for threatening people with gun over H-E-B parking space, police say
    Video of incident led to woman’s arrest
    Well, I’m finding Texans are rather passionate about H-E-B…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Well, I’m finding Texans are rather passionate about H-E-B…
    In my town there are three things you DO NOT mess with: HEB, The Alamo and the Spurs.

User Tag List