Page 772 of 807 FirstFirst ... 272672722762770771772773774782 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,720 of 8069

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A couple questions come to mind.

1) Is this 320 an original / VUP or current model?

2) is the holster made for 320 with a WML ? If so is the WML in place ?

With regard to number two, we know that many Safariland duty holsters that fit the X300 and TLR one leave a large gap in the area of the trigger guard. Using the plug and the ALS locking into the ejection port, you can secure a gun in these holsters without a light. However, I have seen officers put a gun in without a light in such a way that the gun sits in the holster but it’s not locked in and instead is angled back, exposing more of the trigger guard.
    Those are the first questions I would ask the agency involved, and did on multiple occasions when I contacted them at my old job when notified of one of these 'incidents'. Unfortunately, the answers were usually unhelpful. It was my experience that most agencies knew little about the firearms they carried beyond "it's the new SIG 9mm. The plastic one", or at most "it's the 320 9mm." Attempts to get more specific information were met with confusion, due to a lack of knowledge that there WAS more specific info.

I agree about the holster as well. Though according to the article, these officers have carried 320s since before the agency was incorporated as an independent body. Always possible someone either ordered the wrong holster, or one just came in a shipment. Also possible it's being used without a light mounted, which does leave extra room for error.

Tagged you because I'm out of the game, and out of the loop. Wondered if you might have additional insight into more recent cases or facts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Those are the first questions I would ask the agency involved, and did on multiple occasions when I contacted them at my old job when notified of one of these 'incidents'. Unfortunately, the answers were usually unhelpful. It was my experience that most agencies knew little about the firearms they carried beyond "it's the new SIG 9mm. The plastic one", or at most "it's the 320 9mm." Attempts to get more specific information were met with confusion, due to a lack of knowledge that there WAS more specific info.

I agree about the holster as well. Though according to the article, these officers have carried 320s since before the agency was incorporated as an independent body. Always possible someone either ordered the wrong holster, or one just came in a shipment. Also possible it's being used without a light mounted, which does leave extra room for error.

Tagged you because I'm out of the game, and out of the loop. Wondered if you might have additional insight into more recent cases or facts.
    So less concerned about the wrong holster and more about guys using the holster without a light and then not having the gun properly seated in the holster. I see that a lot with our guys at work. Safari lands quality control problems. The last few years have not been helpful in this regard.

This is the moment of discharge, 0;07 in the clip, different angle from another BWC. Watching the video at this point, 0.25 speed, there does seem to be a fair bit of contact between the officer on the left and the officer on the right.

Name:  Screenshot from 2023-07-27 19-49-21.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  27.0 KB

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2023...outhwest-side/

Truck owner shoots, kills suspect while trying to recover vehicle at South Park Mall, SAPD says
    Passenger in stolen vehicle, truck owner also injured in shootout

SAN ANTONIO – A man is dead and a woman was injured after the owner of a stolen truck shot at them while trying to recover his vehicle on the South Side, according to San Antonio Police Chief William McManus.

The owner tracked his stolen pickup truck to a parking lot at South Park Mall on Thursday afternoon.

After finding the vehicle, the truck owner ordered the male suspect and his female passenger out of the vehicle at gunpoint and then called the police.

“As they were waiting for police to arrive, the suspect who was behind the wheel of the stolen vehicle produced a handgun and shot the owner of the vehicle,” McManus said.

The chief said the owner returned fire and killed the man in self-defense. The bullets also struck the female passenger who was with the suspect.

“It’s a case, it’s certainly a case of self-defense,” McManus said.

McManus said the woman was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
    The owner of the stolen vehicle was also taken to the hospital and was stable, according to the chief.

Rachel Pacheco was coming to the mall with her grandson and cousin before work, she said she is shaken up by what she saw.

“As I turned I see two, one person first laying there in a pile of blood. Then as I panic, and as I was turning I see another person in red,” Pacheco said. “I didn’t expect any of this…to have seen any of this.”

The shooting happened just outside of Fitness Connection where Gregory Castillo was working out.

“Yeah they locked us in there for about 10 15 minutes and then they just had us exit the rear-ended of it,” Castillo said.

McManus said while the owner of the vehicle has the right to take his own property back, he wouldn’t recommend taking justice into your own hands.

“We would prefer that call the police before taking that into your own hands but he did what he felt that he needed to do,” McManus said.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    This is the moment of discharge, 0;07 in the clip, different angle from another BWC. Watching the video at this point, 0.25 speed, there does seem to be a fair bit of contact between the officer on the left and the officer on the right.

Name:  Screenshot from 2023-07-27 19-49-21.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  27.0 KB
    You really are quite handy to have around, aren't you? I'm coming to you with all my photo enhancement needs!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The local paper (paywalled) reports today that the Montville PD is switching to Glocks.

https://www.theday.com/local-news/20...fety-concerns/
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2023...outhwest-side/

Truck owner shoots, kills suspect while trying to recover vehicle at South Park Mall, SAPD says
    Passenger in stolen vehicle, truck owner also injured in shootout
    A conversation was overheard immediately following the shooting by two young bystanders.

“Oh my god, they killed Kenny”

“You bastards!”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    A conversation was overheard immediately following the shooting by two young bystanders.

“Oh my god, they killed Kenny”

“You bastards!”
    That conversation would be in Spanish.

Re: the P320 discharge, even if it turns out this is some combination of holster, gun, touching the person next to him, whatever..... it still seems to be like the easy technological fix is a gun that doesn't go off under these circumstances. When Glocks were new there were a ton of glock-leg stories from re-holstering, but I don't recall even cocked-and-locked 1911s having so many reported discharges already in the holster.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Re: the P320 discharge, even if it turns out this is some combination of holster, gun, touching the person next to him, whatever..... it still seems to be like the easy technological fix is a gun that doesn't go off under these circumstances. When Glocks were new there were a ton of glock-leg stories from re-holstering, but I don't recall even cocked-and-locked 1911s having so many reported discharges already in the holster.
    There are multiple documented instances of Glocks being fired in WML duty holsters by foreign objects, suspects fingers during struggles and in one instance, the fingers of a curious child during a DARE reading event.

In one of those instances, Glock equipped officers in close proximity at a funeral had one officers keys (clipped to his belt) get entangled in the open trigger guard of a WML duty holster of the officer next to him as they sat down resulting in a discharge.

User Tag List