Page 626 of 806 FirstFirst ... 126526576616624625626627628636676726 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 8059

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    A self shooting incident, for a change.

Good reminder that the basic safety rules always apply, and the hot brass dance is only funny as long as it is done properly (with the gun still pointed in safe direction).

https://myfox8.com/news/video-man-ac...-at-gun-range/
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    FYI: Peoria, West Valley, Agua Fria, are all in the Phoenix metroplex, far north of Tucson.
    Lol. Geography-Shmeography. Thanks for the correction. Not sure WTF I was typing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Another reminder for private citizens to

A. Think before you decide to get involved in a situation with your blaster.

B. Practice dropping your gun if the cops tell you to drop your gun. Seriously, take your unloaded pistol or a sirt and over some decently padded carpet or your bed either imagine an officer telling you to drop the gun or have a buddy do it and then drop your your gun like it just turned into a super heated syphiliptic penis.

Dude decides to apprehend shoplifters at gunpoint, when a nearby officer arrives on scene and tells him to drop the weapon he doesn’t and the officer shoots him thinking he’s witnessing an armed robbery in progress.

Damn. What a shit sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Damn. What a shit sandwich.
    I agree. Apprehension of shoplifters should be left to the police. If anything be a good witness, follow them at a safe distance using cover, and see what vehicle they get into, etc.

Why intervene? It's not your stuff; this man didn't know if force had been used, and if so what that force was.

Terrible incident where a man with a good heart died. To me, there is little doubt this incident will lay a terrible burden on the officer.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I agree. Apprehension of shoplifters should be left to the police. If anything be a good witness, follow them at a safe distance using cover, and see what vehicle they get into, etc.

Why intervene? It's not your stuff; this man didn't know if force had been used, and if so what that force was.

Terrible incident where a man with a good heart died. To me, there is little doubt this incident will lay a terrible burden on the officer.
    Can't agree enough. I'm a Level III, commissioned Security Officer. The point that was hammered home to us was that we ARE NOT COPS! Our job is to be seen and 99.5% detriment. Hopefully the bad guy sees a guy in uniform with a gun and goes somewhere else. We can resort to force to protect the life ( and to a lesser degree property ) of our employer as though it were our own. We don't use force to enforce rules. We inform people of what the rules are. If they don't comply, we ask them to leave the premises. If they don't we call the police.
    Most of the armed people I know are aware of this. Sadly, a few think a License to Carry makes them an offshoot of law enforcement.

Bail set at $500 for Dover-Foxcroft man shot in back after robbery

Dustin Boone was arrested Wednesday in connection with the June 9 robbery. Boone, 32, of Dover-Foxcroft entered the Store ‘N More at about 3:50 p.m., pulled out what appeared to be a “gun wrapped in a sock” and pointed it at the store clerk, according to R. Christopher Almy, assistant district attorney for Piscataquis County. The clerk opened the register, emptied $461 into a brown paper bag and handed it to the robber. As Boone was exiting the store, the clerk took out a 9 mm Gen5 Glock semi-automatic handgun and fired once, hitting Boone, who fell to the ground outside, Almy said. The clerk emerged from the store and held the prone Boone at gunpoint until police arrived. Boone is next due in court on July 26.
    https://bangordailynews.com/2021/06/...after-robbery/

Unhappy Officer and a samaritan killed, gunman also dead - Arvada Colorado

Unhappy This is sadder with new information

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Bad guy started shooting and killed an officer.
    Good guy shopping at Navy surplus store came out and killed the bad guy.
    Other officer arrived and killed the good guy.
    Not sure what happened as details are still coming but looks like mistaken identity.

https://www.wect.com/2021/06/25/i-he...mart-shooting/

At first Gore thought it could be civilians exchanging fire, but said it did not come as a surprise when she later found out the U.S. Marshals Service Carolinas Regional Fugitive Task Force was involved. She said she could tell law enforcement involved were well trained based on what she witnessed, and that the Marshals were trying to avoid hitting innocent bystanders.

“You could tell that they were trained just to a great level. I mean I can’t even find the words to describe what level of training that they demonstrated today,” she said.

https://apnews.com/article/colorado-...1d30c14afc5976
    DENVER (AP) — A man who intervened in a shooting that killed a police officer near Denver was shot and killed by a responding officer while holding the suspect’s AR-15, police said Friday.

Johnny Hurley, who has been described by police as a hero who prevented further bloodshed, shot suspect Ronald Troyke on Monday after Troyke gunned down Arvada Officer Gordon Beesley with a 12-gauge semi-automatic shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Bad guy started shooting and killed an officer.
    Good guy shopping at Navy surplus store came out and killed the bad guy.
    Other officer arrived and killed the good guy.
    Not sure what happened as details are still coming but looks like mistaken identity.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List