Page 398 of 807 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 8061

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Wear your gun, it does you no good left in your vehicle:

An usher confronted the shooter while inside the church and was violently pistol whipped, Aaron said. During the confrontation with the usher, the gunman shot himself in the left chest, Aaron said. The gunman is in non-critical condition and is under guard at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, he said.

After the struggle, the usher exited the sanctuary, got a gun from his vehicle and guarded the shooter until police arrived, Aaron said.

Site Supporter
    NY times version

Shooting at Tennessee Church Leaves One Dead and Seven Wounded

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/24/u...tennessee.html

Shooter is an "Immigrant" from the Sudan.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-24-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    NY times version

Shooting at Tennessee Church Leaves One Dead and Seven Wounded

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/24/u...tennessee.html

Shooter is an "Immigrant" from the Sudan.
    Hans I read a sim. article on TheTennessean.com that mentioned his race finally in paragraph 20.

Anyone here care to wager $’s to donuts that would have been the case if the POS had been white?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Hans I read a sim. article on TheTennessean.com that mentioned his race finally in paragraph 20.

Anyone here care to wager $’s to donuts that would have been the case if the POS had been white?
    I'm less interested in his race than the fact he is a foreign national. Sudan is primarily split between Muslims in the north and animalistic christians in the south. It was reported the shooter previously attended services at the church which would explain the mask.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm less interested in his race than the fact he is a foreign national. Sudan is primarily split between Muslims in the north and animalistic christians in the south. It was reported the shooter previously attended services at the church which would explain the mask.
    Did you perhaps mean "animistic?"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Agreed on the race issue, just tired of the hypocritical journalistic slant that is the norm these days.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    There are animists and Christians in Sudan. Never heard of an animalistic Christian.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    That too !

I think it's Animist. Unless you are ordering from the secret menu.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    There are animists and Christians in Sudan. Never heard of an animalistic Christian.
    Apparently autocorrect has.

The 22-year-old usher who helped save lives during a Tennessee church shooting

Another church member, a 22-year-old usher named Robert Caleb Engle, tackled the gunman and suffered injuries when he was pistol whipped. In the struggle, the shooter shot himself, although it wasn’t clear if it was on purpose or an accident. Engle retrieved his own gun from his car and held the man until police arrived, police said.
    http://nationalpost.com/news/world/h...g-in-tennessee

User Tag List