Page 314 of 803 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 8026

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Man who killed TSA officer at LAX in 2013 pleads guilty and avoids death penalty

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...nap-story.html

Bank robber gets PIT'd and lit up in Phoenix. Happened about a block away from my office yesterday. News chopper caught the PIT and the shooting (starts around 15:45 in the video), then the anchors scramble to cut the video feed away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dkLJcQrvLY

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Bank robber gets PIT'd and lit up in Phoenix. Happened about a block away from my office yesterday. News chopper caught the PIT and the shooting (starts around 15:45 in the video), then the anchors scramble to cut the video feed away

Interesting that they used unmarked cars. I've never seen that before. I'm no police officer but that seems like a pretty good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Interesting that they used unmarked cars. I've never seen that before. I'm no police officer but that seems like a pretty good idea.
    That is right out of the LAPD SIS playbook they have been doing for decades. There was a good idea fairy that wanted SIS to stop doing their car jams on robbery suspects to avoid the endings like you saw on the Phoenix video. Wanted marked black and whites to do the stops.....turned into screaming pursuits with money thrown out of the vehicle causing chaos and general havoc. With the unmarked vehicles and a well coordinated jam, the very dangerous and desperate felons are neutralized in a manner where they cannot injure the public, and are contained in a backstop if they decide to not immediately surrender. Units who do this, train, and are disciplined to a very good job on these.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    That is right out of the LAPD SIS playbook they have been doing for decades. There was a good idea fairy that wanted SIS to stop doing their car jams on robbery suspects to avoid the endings like you saw on the Phoenix video. Wanted marked black and whites to do the stops.....turned into screaming pursuits with money thrown out of the vehicle causing chaos and general havoc. With the unmarked vehicles and a well coordinated jam, the very dangerous and desperate felons are neutralized in a manner where they cannot injure the public, and are contained in a backstop if they decide to not immediately surrender. Units who do this, train, and are disciplined to a very good job on these.
    Yep, we do very similar. Unmarked and non uniformed officers to make contact and execute warrants.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

That good idea fairy sure gets around. Had an Lt. once put another officer and me in plain clothes in fully a marked patrol car driving the neighborhood looking for offenders. Got a lot of strange looks but no arrests. So he put us in an unmarked car in full uniform. Just a little more productive not much. He was not in touch with reality to put it mildly. He retired and moved to Las Vegas.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Range1 View Post
    That good idea fairy sure gets around. Had an Lt. once put another officer and me in plain clothes in fully a marked patrol car driving the neighborhood looking for offenders. Got a lot of strange looks but no arrests. So he put us in an unmarked car in full uniform. Just a little more productive not much. He was not in touch with reality to put it mildly. He retired and moved to Las Vegas.
    Uh, what? Again, not in law enforcement, but trying to follow the logic on that one is giving me a headache.

Yeah it did me too. Luckily he left the department pretty soon after. Sorry for the thread drift. Us old retirees get that way sometimes. I'll go back to my rocking chair now and yell at the neighbor kids.

"One person was shot and wounded at western Texas’ Alpine High School on Thursday morning before the shooter died of a self-inflicted gunshot, Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson said.
    A police officer also was accidentally shot by a marshal as officers responded to the first shooting, Dodson said. The conditions of the two injured people were not immediately released."

Story here:
    http://fox59.com/2016/09/08/texas-hi...-sheriff-says/

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post

Holy buckets, the coordination of the PIT was slick as snake shit.

User Tag List