Page 734 of 807 FirstFirst ... 234634684724732733734735736744784 ... LastLast
Results 7,331 to 7,340 of 8068

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2...olice-vehicle/

Md. gun shop owner charged in shooting at police vehicle
    kinda sounds like someone pushed to the edge due to criminal elements, and making... unwise... choices. If the facts are as presented so far, I kinda feel bad for the guy.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    This attacked appeared to coincide with a drag queen show being posted on the marquee of a theater in a nearby town.

Fringe elements from both sides of the political spectrum have made comments attempting to link this with the Power Station attack
    IMHO, this is a coincidence or just a little too...convenient. I'll be interested to see how it all pans out later.

Looks like we are not alone

https://www.wect.com/2022/12/07/othe...document-says/

Other states reporting power outage attacks similar to North Carolina, Moore County, document says
    North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper called Saturday night’s outage a “criminal attack.”
    North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper called Saturday night’s outage a “criminal attack.”(WDAM)
    By Kayla Morton
    Published: Dec. 7, 2022 at 9:24 AM EST|Updated: 21 minutes ago
    CARTHAGE, N.C. (WNCN) - It looks like Moore County in North Carolina is not alone.

Each day CBS 17 is learning more and more about the incident in which 45,000 customers lost power after gunfire attacks hit different Moore County electrical substations, knocking out power through Carthage, Southern Pines, Pinehurst and Aberdeen.

Tuesday night, CBS 17 learned North Carolina isn’t the only state to see intentional attacks against critical infrastructure.

NewsNation, one of CBS 17′s partners under its parent company Nexstar, obtained a recent federal law enforcement memo describing similar situations across the U.S.

The memo specifically names Oregon and Washington as experiencing “physical attacks on substations using handtools, arson, firearms and metal chains possibly in response to an online call for attacks on critical infrastructure.”

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper called Saturday night’s outage a “criminal attack.”

Moore County Sheriff Ronnie Fields agreed, saying, “The individual that [did] the damage knew exactly what they were doing to cause the damage and cause the outage that they did.”

The federal memo also said, “In recent attacks, criminal actors bypassed security fences by cutting the fence links, lighting nearby fires, shooting equipment from a distance or throwing objects over the fence and on to equipment.”

The targeted attack has homeland security experts not ruling the actions out as domestic terrorism, too.

The attack also came just a few days after the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security issued a bulletin to law enforcement noting that “The United States remains in a heightened threat environment.”

The memo obtained by NewsNation further said “…to cause widespread power failures with the potential impact of social disruption and violent anti-government criminal activity…”.

NewsNation is expected to release more information after 11 p.m. eastern.

Michael Hyland contributed to this article.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Home
    News
    Weather
    Sports
    Event Calendar
    See It, Snap It, Send It
    About Us
    Meet the Team
    WECT
    322 Shipyard Blvd.
    Wilmington, NC 28412
    (910) 791-8070
    Public Inspection File
    PUBLICFILE@WECT.COM (910) 791-8070
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    EEO Report
    Advertising
    Closed Captioning/Audio Description
    A Gray Media Group, Inc. Station - © 2002-2022 Gray Television, Inc.
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 12-07-2022 at 10:03 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    the political spectrum isn't a line, but a circle. those at the extremes meet in the middle at the bottom (figuratively, and literally.)

but yea, it wouldn't take much for a handful of determined individuals to cause untold amount of havoc with only a couple well placed and timed incidences.

when it comes to the power grid, there's many well written and detailed articles (and youtube videos) of various major blackouts (ex: 2003 chicago/northeast blackout) that go into sufficient detail of how that whole event went down. instead of it being a semi-controlled (i.e.: automated protection systems doing their job) blackout but an active terrorist action causing damage, imagine how long it could take for something like that to be restored.

eta: (forgot it when I clicked 'post')

IME the political spectrum is a horseshoe.

Proponents of horseshoe theory argue that the extreme left and the extreme right are closer to each other than either is to the political center.

In political science and popular discourse, the horseshoe theory asserts that the extreme left and the extreme right, rather than being at opposite and opposing ends of a linear political continuum, closely resemble each other, analogous to the way that the opposite ends of a horseshoe are close together.

The theory is attributed to the French philosopher and writer Jean-Pierre Faye. Proponents point to a number of perceived similarities between extremes and allege that both have a tendency to support authoritarianism or totalitarianism.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory

IME the political spectrum is a horseshoe.

Proponents of horseshoe theory argue that the extreme left and the extreme right are closer to each other than either is to the political center.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory
    regardless of the metafore, I think we can agree that, extreme left and extreme right are for the most part the same assholes just wearing different shirts.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Video shows moments before FBI agent shoots man at Metro Center
    A off-duty FBI agent fatally shot a man on a train platform at Metro Center in downtown Washington on Wednesday evening… officials said the footage appears to show the man approaching at least one commuter and the FBI agent intervening — which sparks a fight between the agent and the man. In a news release, police said the man, 28-year-old Troy Bullock, pushed the agent over the railing, and both landed eight feet below the Red Line platform, away from the tracks. Police said at that point the agent fired his gun, striking Bullock

police said they found a firearm on Troy Bullock after he had been shot. Authorities did not say whether Bullock displayed the gun or if the agent knew he was armed
    https://wapo.st/3iNQemK

Also the same day three people were shot ant a different DC Metro station by a 16 year old who was wearing an ankle monitor at the time of his arrest.

And all of this is a few days after another off duty FBI agent was found not guilty after a 2020 shooting of an aggressive panhandler on Metro. “One juror said prosecutors didn’t present much of a case.”

Surveillance footage of both OIS is in the linked articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Radar Love View Post
    Video shows moments before FBI agent shoots man at Metro Center
    https://wapo.st/3iNQemK

Also the same day three people were shot ant a different DC Metro station by a 16 year old who was wearing an ankle monitor at the time of his arrest.

And all of this is a few days after another off duty FBI agent was found not guilty after a 2020 shooting of an aggressive panhandler on Metro. “One juror said prosecutors didn’t present much of a case.”

Surveillance footage of both OIS is in the linked articles.
    You know, I had never watched the footage of the 2020 shooting before. I’m actually surprised the agent was found not guilty after viewing it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Concealed Carrier Shoots Two Suspects during Attempted Car Theft in Chicago

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    You know, I had never watched the footage of the 2020 shooting before. I’m actually surprised the agent was found not guilty after viewing it.
    The only reasons I was surprised is because some of the judge’s decisions and the fact that the DOJ hung the agent out to dry.

The agent in the shooting from a few days ago has a broken back but will recover.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The only reasons I was surprised is because some of the judge’s decisions and the fact that the DOJ hung the agent out to dry.

The agent in the shooting from a few days ago has a broken back but will recover.
    I’m glad to hear the agent from the recent shooting will recover. A broken back is scary stuff.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List