Page 785 of 807 FirstFirst ... 285685735775783784785786787795 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,850 of 8063

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...s-10-103792676

A Florida man who shot down a law enforcement drone faces 10 years in prison
    A man accused of shooting down a law enforcement drone being used at a business near his Florida home is facing up to 10 years in federal prison

OCALA, Fla. -- A man accused of shooting down a law enforcement drone being used at a business near his Florida home could be sentenced to 10 years in federal prison.

Wendell Doyle Goney, 52, of Mount Dora, pleaded guilty Thursday in Ocala federal court to possessing a firearm as a convicted felon, according to court records. His sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 18.

Lake County sheriff’s deputies responded to a burglary at a 10-acre industrial property in July 2021 in Mount Dora, northwest of Orlando, according to a plea agreement.

As deputies used a $29,000 drone in the outdoor search, gunfire from a neighboring residential property caused it to crash into a metal roof and catch fire, prosecutors said. Deputies went to the property and found Goney, who said he shot down the drone with a .22-caliber rifle because it had been “harassing” him, investigators said.

A record check showed that Goney had 29 Florida felony convictions, including aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, resisting arrest with violence, illegal drug possession, burglary, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Federal law prohibits most convicted felons from possessing firearms and ammunition.

Site Supporter
    https://www.expressnews.com/news/art...aign=saen_6at6

Man accused of child trafficking and two separate shootings

Police have arrested a 23-year-old man accused of sexually assaulting a child and shooting two people in separate incidents.

Anthony Ryan Garcia-Santos was charged Thursday with trafficking of a child-engaging in sexual conduct, a first-degree felony, and two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony.

The first incident occurred in January when police said Santos allegedly picked up a 16-year-old girl who had run away from home. According to the arrest affidavit, the child told police Santos threw her phone out of the car shortly after picking her up to prevent her from being tracked before reaching the hotel.

She said Santos gave her marijuana before he subdued her and forcibly had sexual intercourse with her without her consent. Following the assault, she said Santos told her not to tell law enforcement officers about the assault or that he was alone with her, the arrest affidavit states.

A relative later found the victim after her father was able to track her down through an associate of Santos.

The 16-year-old told police that Santos was her drug supplier who sold her marijuana on occasion, and she agreed to leave home with him after he promised to take her to Laredo.

Santos is accused of shooting a 19-year-old at the Manhattan Night Club on the North Side in March. He appeared to be upset at the other man for flirting with his girlfriend, the affidavit states.

The 19-year-old assured Santos he was not flirting with his girlfriend. Following the club, both attended an after-party at a North Side home.

After using the bathroom in the home, the 19-year-old told investigators he walked out to the backyard. Santos approached him, holding a firearm. Santos shot the gun, striking the teen in the hip, the arrest affidavit states.

Shortly after the shooting, a bystander took the 19-year-old to a local hospital. He told police the man he had an altercation with at the club was the same person who shot him.

The second shooting occurred in September when police said Santos got into a verbal altercation with a 21-year-old in the parking lot of Mil Amores Night Club on the North Side.

Santos had been removed from the club and was walking with his girlfriend when the 21-year-old saw him in the parking lot with a gun. He tried to calm Santos down but was shot three times. Santos ran from the scene, the arrest affidavit states.

The 21-year-old man was taken to University Hospital to treat his injuries.

According to the arrest affidavit, a witness on the scene said Santos is known to carry firearms and was pointing the gun at different people in the parking lot. Police received and viewed security that showed Santos shooting at the man and then running away on foot with at least two other individuals.

Santos was booked Thursday, and his bail totals $375,000.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...s-10-103792676

A Florida man who shot down a law enforcement drone faces 10 years in prison
    A man accused of shooting down a law enforcement drone being used at a business near his Florida home is facing up to 10 years in federal prison
    Damn- that's some serious A Game Florida Man material right there!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-car...taurant-police

North Carolina McDonald's employee shoots, kills woman after argument spills over into restaurant: police
    Victim was reportedly involved in an argument outside the restaurant before causing a disturbance inside, and getting shot

Hendersonville, North Carolina authorities arrested a man after an argument overflowed into the McDonald's restaurant where he worked at on Monday morning.

The Hendersonville Police Department said officers responded to reports of a shooting at the McDonald's, located on Four Seasons Boulevard, just before 11 a.m. on Monday.

When they arrived, they learned a woman had been shot and killed after sustaining a single gunshot wound.

Detectives discovered during the investigation that the 30-year-old female victim and another woman were engaged in an argument at a bus stop near the fast-food restaurant.

The other woman fled to the restaurant to separate herself from the victim, police said, but she, too, went inside the McDonald's.

The two women were separated by the store manager, and the victim left. She returned a short time later and was met again by the manager, as well as a male employee.

During the encounter, police said, the victim allegedly reached out and touched the male employee, who retaliated by shooting her with a concealed handgun.

He then fled the scene in his vehicle and was later apprehended at an elementary school where his child attends school.

McDonald's did not immediately respond to inquiries from Fox News Digital on the matter.

According to police, a school resource deputy at the learning facility recognized the suspect after being made aware of the incident, so when he arrived at the school later in the day, he was apprehended in the school parking lot without incident.

Although police did not believe the suspect intended to cause harm at the school, officials placed the school on lockdown until he was taken into custody.

The suspect, who has not been named, was taken to the police station where detectives interviewed him.

Police said he will be charged with first-degree murder and booked into the Henderson County jail.

I'll be more polite in future when asked if I "want fries with that". Jeez. Lives ruined for no good reason at all.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-car...taurant-police

North Carolina McDonald's employee shoots, kills woman after argument spills over into restaurant: police
    Victim was reportedly involved in an argument outside the restaurant before causing a disturbance inside, and getting shot
    So, just from reading the text in the post the dead woman was aggressive enough to follow another woman into the restaurant, was forced to leave, and then came back to continue? Are we sure *she* was the victim here?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    So, just from reading the text in the post the dead woman was aggressive enough to follow another woman into the restaurant, was forced to leave, and then came back to continue? Are we sure *she* was the victim here?
    I was scratching my head for similar reasons... Seems like the shooter didn't have sufficient justification under NC law, even though the deceased was the aggressor. My recollection of NC law (from back when I got their permit in about '97, was that they viewed UoF as a continuum and justifiable UoF was only 1 level up from the force being used against you.... You can respond to a shove with a punch and to a knife with a gun, but not with a gun to a shove... Not sure whether that's current law however.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I was scratching my head for similar reasons... Seems like the shooter didn't have sufficient justification under NC law, even though the deceased was the aggressor. My recollection of NC law (from back when I got their permit in about '97, was that they viewed UoF as a continuum and justifiable UoF was only 1 level up from the force being used against you.... You can respond to a shove with a punch and to a knife with a gun, but not with a gun to a shove... Not sure whether that's current law however.
    I’m thinking there’s a good chance the dead one was the aggressor, the other woman the true victim, and the shooter likely overstepped. An ugly situation, and it’s very likely I have all of this wrong.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m thinking there’s a good chance the dead one was the aggressor, the other woman the true victim, and the shooter likely overstepped. An ugly situation, and it’s very likely I have all of this wrong.
    This is my read as well.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter

So much bad here...

Thermopolis, WY police sergeant breaks down suspect's door to arrest on misdemeanor interference charge without warrant. Suspect opens fire and sergeant returns fire. Suspect DRT.

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2023/10...oke-into-home/

User Tag List