Page 797 of 807 FirstFirst ... 297697747787795796797798799 ... LastLast
Results 7,961 to 7,970 of 8063

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Reno teen charged with murder after telling dispatchers she killed younger brother, dad

https://mynews4.com/news/local/reno-...r-brother-dad#

"A Reno teen admitted to 911 dispatchers that she shot her younger brother and father at an apartment in Stead on Friday afternoon, court documents obtained by News 4-Fox 11 reveal.

According to the documents, Mashenka Reid, 17, told dispatchers she killed her relatives because she "couldn't control the urge to kill somebody."

Police responded to an apartment at 9755 Silver Sky Parkway just after 4 p.m. on Feb. 9 after neighbors heard arguing followed by gunshots.

Reid called 911 and told the dispatcher, "I shot my dad. I shot my brother. My brother is dead." The teen proceeded to tell emergency responders she dropped the Walther PPS gun inside the house.

When police arrived on scene, they found Mashenka's younger brother - approximately four or five years old - with a gunshot wound to the head. Mashenka was able to direct officers to the garage, where her father was found suffering from gunshot wounds to the chest and back.

Reid also told dispatchers her younger sister was in another bedroom and she "believed she was alive." Police did not release any additional information about the sibling."

Site Supporter
    Another person shot by the MRI - taking his mother to the MRI. Too close to the magnet.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/world-...88145-20240213

Since we are doing a lot of MRI visits lately, I guess I should pay attention.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    Reno teen charged with murder after telling dispatchers she killed younger brother, dad

https://mynews4.com/news/local/reno-...r-brother-dad#

"A Reno teen admitted to 911 dispatchers that she shot her younger brother and father at an apartment in Stead on Friday afternoon, court documents obtained by News 4-Fox 11 reveal.

According to the documents, Mashenka Reid, 17, told dispatchers she killed her relatives because she "couldn't control the urge to kill somebody."

Police responded to an apartment at 9755 Silver Sky Parkway just after 4 p.m. on Feb. 9 after neighbors heard arguing followed by gunshots.

Reid called 911 and told the dispatcher, "I shot my dad. I shot my brother. My brother is dead." The teen proceeded to tell emergency responders she dropped the Walther PPS gun inside the house.

When police arrived on scene, they found Mashenka's younger brother - approximately four or five years old - with a gunshot wound to the head. Mashenka was able to direct officers to the garage, where her father was found suffering from gunshot wounds to the chest and back.

Reid also told dispatchers her younger sister was in another bedroom and she "believed she was alive." Police did not release any additional information about the sibling."
    What the absolute you know what???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

Alabama woman in ‘secret relationship’ with ex-husband allegedly fakes home invasion as daughter shoots him

https://www.al.com/news/2024/02/alab...x-husband.html

A Calhoun County woman and her daughter are charged in the shooting of her ex-husband after initially claiming she was the victim of a home invasion.

On Feb. 6, deputies responded to a shooting call on Pattiway Drive in Alexandria where they found 47-year-old Scott Ingram suffering from multiple gunshots wounds.

Wendy Ralston, 46, had an active protection from abuse order against Ingram and she claimed that he had appeared at the residence in violation of that order.

Ralston told authorities that Ingram had physically assaulted her and that she had escaped from the residence earlier in the day. Ralston did not contact law enforcement at that time.

Ralston returned to the home later in the day with her daughter, 24-year-old Destynee Cheshire, said Sheriff Matthew Wade.

Cheshire began searching the home for Ingram.

The investigation shows that Cheshire kicked open a locked bedroom door and encountered Ingram in the room.

Ultimately, the sheriff said, Cheshire fired three shots at Ingram with a 9 mm pistol, striking him three times, once each in the abdomen, arm, and leg. Ingram was transported to an area hospital.

The investigation showed through digital evidence that Ralston misled law enforcement in the events that had taken place.

Additionally, Wade said, she had allowed Ingram to be in the home in violation of the protection order and that she was aware that he was in the residence when she and Cheshire returned.

Ralston filed false reports with law enforcement and subsequently filed a warrant under false pretense, he said.

Ralston is charged with first-degree assault, a felony, and false reporting to law enforcement, which is a misdemeanor.

Cheshire is charged with first-degree assault.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Another person shot by the MRI - taking his mother to the MRI. Too close to the magnet.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/world-...88145-20240213

Since we are doing a lot of MRI visits lately, I guess I should pay attention.
    How do you say Darwin in Portuguese? (yes, I know... Darwin)... /rhetorical.

If I could carry everywhere I wanted, this would be on the very short list of places I wouldn't... along with into a burning building...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter

Alabama woman in ‘secret relationship’ with ex-husband allegedly fakes home invasion as daughter shoots him

https://www.al.com/news/2024/02/alab...x-husband.html

A Calhoun County woman and her daughter are charged in the shooting of her ex-husband after initially claiming she was the victim of a home invasion.

On Feb. 6, deputies responded to a shooting call on Pattiway Drive in Alexandria where they found 47-year-old Scott Ingram suffering from multiple gunshots wounds.

Wendy Ralston, 46, had an active protection from abuse order against Ingram and she claimed that he had appeared at the residence in violation of that order.

Ralston told authorities that Ingram had physically assaulted her and that she had escaped from the residence earlier in the day. Ralston did not contact law enforcement at that time.

Ralston returned to the home later in the day with her daughter, 24-year-old Destynee Cheshire, said Sheriff Matthew Wade.

Cheshire began searching the home for Ingram.

The investigation shows that Cheshire kicked open a locked bedroom door and encountered Ingram in the room.

Ultimately, the sheriff said, Cheshire fired three shots at Ingram with a 9 mm pistol, striking him three times, once each in the abdomen, arm, and leg. Ingram was transported to an area hospital.

The investigation showed through digital evidence that Ralston misled law enforcement in the events that had taken place.

Additionally, Wade said, she had allowed Ingram to be in the home in violation of the protection order and that she was aware that he was in the residence when she and Cheshire returned.

Ralston filed false reports with law enforcement and subsequently filed a warrant under false pretense, he said.

Ralston is charged with first-degree assault, a felony, and false reporting to law enforcement, which is a misdemeanor.

Cheshire is charged with first-degree assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post

https://mynews4.com/news/local/reno-...r-brother-dad# "
    It gets even freakier: https://mynews4.com/news/local/fathe...de-identified#

..."Newly released court documents reveal the gruesome details and moments leading up to Reid and the little boy with special need's death. Mashenka told police she sent her dad to the store for supplies for a pizza dinner in an effort to stall. While he was at the store, she got the gun from his room and Googled how to use it. Reid told authorities she shot her dad when he walked in the house returning from the store and then killed her young brother who was autistic while he was playing with a tablet on the couch.

During a jail interview, authorities asked the teen if something set her off prompting these killings and Mashenka told officers that her mom running away from the family in December caused her extreme depression.

The 17-year-old went on to tell police she watched her brother Monday through Friday while her dad was in school part time and she grew increasingly more frustrated because he was non-verbal and made "annoying noises."...

KC Chiefs parade shootings

What a sh*tty way for the festivities to end. Not in the article linked below, but somewhere I read it was gang-related.

https://www.kctv5.com/2024/02/15/pol...ade-3-custody/

This dude certainly has cojones.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1757956697207787662?s=61&t=wmOExLrvrYmeFOVr8qFeRQ

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    How do you say Darwin in Portuguese? (yes, I know... Darwin)... /rhetorical.

If I could carry everywhere I wanted, this would be on the very short list of places I wouldn't... along with into a burning building...
    It really is difficult to overestimate the power of an MRI magnet.

We had a factory guy on site to repair a gradient coil leak (water cooling). Supposedly he knew his way around MRI magnets. He wandered to the back of the magnet with his bag of iron pipe fittings in hand and BOOM! He's stretched out down the bore of the magnet like Superman. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Had someone been between that bag of iron and the magnet.... bad bad news for them.

We got the bag open and were able to move the individual pieces out one at a time. It took two of us to pull each individual piece out. 2" couplings etc.

The janitorial staff at one site launched a floor buffer into one of my magnets. No power in the 'verse was going to get that out. Had to ramp down the magnet at considerable expense to remove the buffer.

Just don't give them the chance to get you. They're just waiting to ambush you.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    What a sh*tty way for the festivities to end. Not in the article linked below, but somewhere I read it was gang-related.

https://www.kctv5.com/2024/02/15/pol...ade-3-custody/

This dude certainly has cojones.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1757956697207787662?s=61&t=wmOExLrvrYmeFOVr8qFeRQ
    The lack of coverage of who the 3 suspects in custody are seems strange.

User Tag List