Page 648 of 807 FirstFirst ... 148548598638646647648649650658698748 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

It is my understanding that Texas self-defense law is more “generous” than many other states, allowing deadly force in defense of property, for example.

Both men had plenty of opportunities to back down and back off. The homeowner safely retreated inside the home and then chose to come back outside and confront the visitor. In my state, choosing to renew the conflict like that would probably invalidate a self-defense claim.

Christ, what an absolute cluster: the accompanying article is worth perusing to get the backstory. That is a senseless death, right there (as many of these such domestic/triangle events are).

Not to go all New Orleans espresso roast dark on this, but I suppose we needed another P-F popcorn trial to follow, now that both Rittenhouse and Arbery are over. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    If you ever find yourself doing the chest to chest monkey dance like this, (armed or not) you’ve already lost.

Name:  69BA3BB0-F72F-4F6C-969D-F486F6A75A37.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  31.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Maybe a PM-63 RAK?

https://youtu.be/GqiNnfi2Z3A
    I am so relieved that you linked to an episode of Forgotten Weapons, and not a video of the incident.

Note: merged Monkey Dance thread here.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    ^^^

That story is number one with a bullet!
    Money, shot!
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    It is my understanding that Texas self-defense law is more “generous” than many other states, allowing deadly force in defense of property, for example.

Both men had plenty of opportunities to back down and back off. The homeowner safely retreated inside the home and then chose to come back outside and confront the visitor. In my state, choosing to renew the conflict like that would probably invalidate a self-defense claim.
    Re: TX only under certain circumstances, many of which involve incidents occurring “in the night time” which is not a factor here.

I think there is a good chance the shooter will be charged but they will not do so until the investigation is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this but am hesitant to comment since I don't know what happened prior to the video starting, don't know the facts known to the shooter at the time about the decedent's verbalizations, actions, history of violence or being armed, etc.

All I'll say is that just because you're legal to bring a gun into a situation and shoot someone doesn't necessarily make it moral, ethical, or responsible. I probably could have shot multiple people in my life if I lived in Texas and approached every situation with this judgement.

I watched this video earlier and just a terrible situation. I don't pretend to know anything about the legality of this shooting, but there just seems so much going wrong there. Dude went inside and was safe, could have called the police and/or de-escalated. Instead, he chose to grab his rifle and go back outside. Then, he took a few steps and essentially executed the guy. Just seems completely avoidable here, regardless of if the shooter committed a crime or not.

There just seems to be far too many dumb fucks with guns and no regard for human life. If an individual can protect themselves and de-escalate a situation, but choose instead to escalate/re-enter the fray, I fail to see how that person can reasonably/logically claim he was simply defending himself.
    Last edited by Kirk; 11-27-2021 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    If you ever find yourself doing the chest to chest monkey dance like this, (armed or not) you’ve already lost.
    “…. Both members play and once you get sucked into the script, your normal, logical brain is not in control. Your limbic system has been doing this dance since before humans even existed. It will hijack you.”

https://conflictresearchgroupintl.co...e-rory-miller/

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Indeed. I was expecting face tattoos but, no.

They take mug shots of dead people in Florida? That’s cold, man.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Just saw the verdict in the Ahmaud Aubery case. Can some of you legal guys explain why there were multiple murder charges? One count of Malice murder, but several counts of Felony murder.
    I haven't followed this case like I did Rittenhouse, but from what I've seen, it seems like a good verdict. I just don't understand how you get multiple counts on one killing.
    Depending on the state, felony murder is a death as a proximate result of a felony. Some states restrict that to voient felonies.

Kidnap a guy and he dies: Felony murder. Conspire to kidnap a guy and he dies: Felony murder. Be a participant in assaulting a guy during said kidnapping and he dies: Felony murder.

I don’t recall all the charges. But for every one that they were convicted of, because of Aubery’s death, that’s an additional charge of felony murder.

User Tag List