Page 356 of 807 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406456 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    One article quoted a person who was there as saying: "I mean where do you go to have fun now? This is insane. It's like nowhere's safe anymore," he said.

Interesting. Also, apparently the "Good Samaritan" who died wasn't one of the people with a gun - another mall patron shot the robber who killed him.

Quite the mess.
    Yeah, welcome to the real world, right? ;-)
    Some of my wife's coworkers were moaning about "vigilantes", people who carry, etc., all without knowing anything about how it went down, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Welcome to reality doofus.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    One article quoted a person who was there as saying: "I mean where do you go to have fun now? This is insane. It's like nowhere's safe anymore," he said.

Interesting. Also, apparently the "Good Samaritan" who died wasn't one of the people with a gun - another mall patron shot the robber who killed him.

Quite the mess.
    Some of my wife's coworkers were moaning about "vigilantes", people who carry, etc., all without knowing anything about how it went down, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Welcome to reality doofus.

I think that fits.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

There's also apparently a debate on a local FB group about whether the mall is posted against concealed carry. I honestly didn't notice. I think they may have generic 'no weapons' signs; if they have 30.06 signs it may only be at the main entrance which I never use.
    Anyway, the argument I guess is whether the good guy should have even had a gun to stop the guys who, ya know, walked on by the signs with their guns to rob the place. Freakin' people, man.

There's also apparently a debate on a local FB group about whether the mall is posted against concealed carry. I honestly didn't notice. I think they may have generic 'no weapons' signs; if they have 30.06 signs it may only be at the main entrance which I never use.
    Anyway, the argument I guess is whether the good guy should have even had a gun to stop the guys who, ya know, walked on by the signs with their guns to rob the place. Freakin' people, man.
    HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BROKEN THAT LAW!

*goes to smoke pot*

Derps gonna derp.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

No 30.06 signs. I lived less then a mile down the road for 13 years. Still own the property but currently rent it out.

The area has taken a downward turn pretty quickly. The suspect in custody is a long time criminal with various gang tats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Only posted 30.06/7 is inside at the SSFCU bank branch and it isn't even a "legal" verbiage/state compliant sign.

2nd suspect perp walk.
    http://news4sanantonio.com/news/loca...ling-oaks-mall

Site Supporter
    Police responding to burglary kill homeowner, not intruder

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/23...-intruder.html

PITTSBURGH – Police officers responding to a burglar alarm fatally shot a homeowner, who had grabbed a gun when he spotted an intruder, after shots were fired in their direction as they arrived at his house.

Police said Monday they weren't sure who shot at them while they were on Christopher Thompkins' front porch. Ballistic evidence was being reviewed.

Thompkins, 57, died in the gunfire before dawn Sunday. Police did not report finding a gun on the intruder, identified as Juan Brian Jeter-Clark, 23. Jeter-Clark was charged with criminal trespass but could face additional counts.

Thompkins' ex-wife, Brenda Richmond Thompkins, said she was in bed with him when they spotted an intruder standing nearby. She said he grabbed her gun, not realizing police had already been summoned by their burglar alarm company, and then chased after the intruder down some steps to the home's front door because he was worried about his blind mother, who uses a wheelchair and lives downstairs.

"Christopher was saying, 'My mom, my mom, my mom, my mom,'" said Richmond Thompkins, who was divorced from Thompkins years ago and had reconciled with him but not remarried.
    Richmond Thompkins said three men were seen lurking on their block in recent days and one of them looked like Jeter-Clark. She said it's possible the intruder entered the home because Thompkins recently bought a new car.

The intruder called Thompkins "old head," a slang term for an older person, she said.

"You know how these kids are," she said. "When they think you got something (valuable), you know how they are."

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...l-10875601.php

This is not clear yet. Was lethal force needed to stop a robbery? Was it a fail as one get past the 'good Samaritan' and went on a shooting spree?

It could be a black eye for LTC folks in TX for unnecessary intervention or it could be a good save? Bets?
    No matter what the sequence of events, the media will spin it in the vigilante direction. Don't spend too much time in SATX, but I never got the fell the city likes the whole LTC bit (much like other huge metro areas).

Not sure what triggered the initial intervention by the deceased Good Samaritan, but I'd surely like to know that angle. If the sequence is : GS1 intervenes and gets shot, GS2 is well within his rights to use lethal force to protect himself and the other robbery victims. GS2 may take some flack if he was working with GS1 to stop the robbery, but even then he may get a no bill due to the aggravated robbery in progress. Although it is SATX so he may we'll be screwed.

User Tag List