Page 372 of 807 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382422472 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I like the chair bit. It strikes me as funny.

In all serious though, what would be a more recommended action? stand on the suspect's hand and gun and prevent them from moving maybe? Something tells me the movie trick of kicking it away could go badly? plus is that "tampering with evidence"?
    Re: tampering with evidence. Get that out of your head. Rule number one for post shooting is "Security" - which at this point means ensuring the safety and security of yourself and others around you by making sure the suspect / assailant is disarmed / incapacitated and no longer a threat. Worry about preserving the scene after we ensure everyone is safe.

Kicking the gun away is not theoptimal choice if you have help, better to secure it, but if you are by yourself it's an option,

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Re: tampering with evidence. Get that out of your head. Rule number one for post shooting is "Security" - which at this point means ensuring the safety and security of yourself and others around you by making sure the suspect / assailant is disarmed / incapacitated and no longer a threat. Worry about preserving the scene after we ensure everyone is safe.

Kicking the gun away is not theoptimal choice if you have help, better to secure it, but if you are by yourself it's an option,
    C'mon, HCM, we all know that in Texas the preferred method is to shoot down the wagon wheel chandelier and have it secure the bad guy until the sheriff or town marshal moseys on over.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Florida University is awarding Trayvon Martin a posthumous degree in aeronautical science. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/05/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

I cannot fathom this. We are now literally giving awards to people who try to smash the brains out of overly curious neighbors. What message does this send?

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    Florida University is awarding Trayvon Martin a posthumous degree in aeronautical science. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/05/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

I cannot fathom this. We are now literally giving awards to people who try to smash the brains out of overly curious neighbors. What message does this send?

Outrageous, but...
    Florida Memorial University
    1800 students...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post

Mike Brown gets a memorial plaque. Trayvon gets a posthumous degree.

Who wants to take bets on what they'll give that Dallas shitbag?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Since it was brought up in this thread...not my photo.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dall...-balch-springs

Apparently, somebody reported kids drinking at a party Saturday night. Right about the time the cops arrived, some of the kids decided the party was getting out of hand and they needed to leave. As they drove away, the sound of gunshots came out (nobody knows from where) and one of the cops shot the front seat passenger of the departing vehicle, a HS freshman, in the head with his rifle.

Nobody in the car had a gun, or had been drinking, or doing drugs, or anything. Just some kids leaving a party they were done with.

Tragedy all around.
    News reports are that the cop is fired and on the hook for murder.
    Last edited by mc1911; 05-06-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mc1911 View Post
    News reports are that the cop is fired and on the hook for murder.
    I haven't read the underlying reports on this case as yet but I will be very interested when all the facts come out.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Outrageous, but...
    Florida Memorial University
    1800 students...
    Yep, the message is being sent directly to a particularly receptive audience. "You are victims."

Braintree (MA) cop shot in face at motel shootout

Braintree police officers checking the warrant status of a person at the Motel 6 on Union Street were fired upon by an armed suspect about 9:30 p.m., Braintree police Chief Paul Shastany said. One of the officers, whose name was not released last night, was rushed to Boston Medical Center with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to the face, Shastany said. The officer, who he described as a veteran of the department, was undergoing surgery last night and was in stable condition.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc...ium=socialflow

User Tag List