Page 506 of 803 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516556606 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 8026

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I won't post it here, but I have a photo of the shooter with his shirt open after he was down. Perfect center mass hit. Kudos to the cop who took the shot.
    Great work by FPS!

Site Supporter
    Gun 1 / TRO 0

‘Intruder' killed in home invasion had court order against him

A woman shot and killed a man who broke into her Ortega Farms home on the Westside, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said.

News4Jax has learned the woman had a temporary restraining order against him.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-burglars-shot

Wayne Newton tells Las Vegas jury he fired shot as burglars fled

Longtime Las Vegas entertainer Wayne Newton told a Nevada jury on Tuesday that he fired a gunshot to scare away two burglars that he and his wife and their teenage daughter encountered during a second burglary in 10 days at their home a year ago.

"My wife was in hysterics and crying," Newton said, adding that Kathleen McCrone Newton told him one of the fleeing men raised a tire iron as if to hit her before he used the metal rod to attack one of the family's large Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs.

"She said, 'Shoot 'em. Shoot 'em. There they are. He almost hit me with the pipe iron,'" the 77-year-old "Danke Schoen" singer said. "I decided to take one shot in the air. That was the last time I saw them."
    The Newtons escaped injury. Their dogs were treated by a veterinarian for head injuries and broken teeth.
    Martin was convicted of two unrelated previous burglary-related felonies in 2015 and is currently serving up to six years in prison for violating probation and being a felon in possession of a gun.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-19-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Wayne Newton tells Las Vegas jury he fired shot as burglars fled
    "... his wife and their teenage daughter... the 77-year-old singer"

Yowza. I wonder how old the wife is.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    "... his wife and their teenage daughter... the 77-year-old singer"

Yowza. I wonder how old the wife is.
    I still have a hard time believing he's straight...

Last edited by blues; 06-19-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I still have a hard time believing he's straight...
    When Ferris Bueller was lip syncing this in the parade (my first memory of this song) I thought it was strange he was performing a song that a girl was singing.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

And the road rage continues in Atlanta, with an off-duty deputy from South Carolina being involved.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...8AUtU4NRUI85K/
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Allentown shooting: 10 wounded outside nightclub in likely gang violence

Clubgoers were leaving the troubled Deja Vu nightclub on Hamilton Street in Allentown on a rather slow night early Thursday when at least three gunmen opened fire in a gang-related hit attempt outside, leaving 10 people wounded in one of the worst mass shootings in Lehigh Valley history.

Police and medical officials would not describe the severity of those injured, only saying all 10 are expected to survive and many remain hospitalized. Witnesses reported hearing several gunshots, people running away in a panic and a vehicle speeding away.

. . .

The mass shooting angered state and local politicians who called for quicker action to shut down “nuisance” establishments ― Deja Vu has been the scene of several acts of violence, including two other shootings this year ― and for stricter gun control legislation.
    https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...6t4-story.html

Five blocks from my office and where I buy my heroin when I don’t want to pay full retail but luckily the kids were home for a visit so I didn’t stop by there last night for my usual 1:00 am drink.

This highlights the need for laws prohibiting shooting people, prohibiting gang bangers from buying guns and from being issued carry permits, and requiring proper training for gang bangers who own guns in defiance of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer81 View Post
    This highlights the need for laws prohibiting shooting people, prohibiting gang bangers from buying guns and from being issued carry permits, and requiring proper training for gang bangers who own guns in defiance of the law.
    It sounds like they are very progressive in Allentown. They now seem to be banning people from standing around unarmed in places where unarmed people standing around are more likely to be shot.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 06-21-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    It sounds like they are very progressive in Allentown. They now seem to be banning people from standing around unarmed in places where unarmed people standing around are more likely to be shot.
    Somebody had to do it....

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List