Page 676 of 807 FirstFirst ... 176576626666674675676677678686726776 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,760 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I saw one picture that showed a shotgun and bolt rifle in his vehicle — any idea what he did the shooting with?
    Looks like a 20” AR

Name:  2F307575-C32C-4CF4-9C94-976ECAAACB0F.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  48.2 KB

ETA:

From the Shooters manifesto

Name:  2CBD7695-D399-45B1-B215-4B746AB51934.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  52.5 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 05-14-2022 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Looks like a 20” AR

Name:  2F307575-C32C-4CF4-9C94-976ECAAACB0F.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  48.2 KB
    With the n word painted on his front sight post and 14 on the carry handle. White supremacist trash

Since he was reportedly wearing armor which possibly defeated a security guard's shot, I suspect there may be a frenzy on guns and armor.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Since he was reportedly wearing armor which possibly defeated a security guard's shot, I suspect there may be a frenzy on guns and armor.
    I would not be surprised to see a new push on restricting access to body armor.

I would not be surprised to see a new push on restricting access to body armor.
    I told my wife the same tonight. Are these kinds of restrictions useful for a guy willing to go to this extreme to kill innocent people? Just really seems the only way to make any of this type of thing effective would be via confiscation/buy backs because there is just so much out there; but, I’m way, way out of my lane here to be clear and only guessing.

Site Supporter
    Name:  DC0ECDCD-26CA-4812-9653-EFD975F4E21C.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  76.3 KB

Salter was the first to defend lives and engage the shooter when he entered Tops around 2:30 p.m. Gramaglia said Salter fired multiple rounds at the attacker and managed to hit him, but the bullets did no damage because of the shooter's protective tactical gear.
    Recently retired police officer killed in Buffalo mass shooting Aaron Salter is credited with confronting and shooting the assailant at the supermarket before being fatally shot

https://www.police1.com/active-shoot...bG3cR0Hg/?#_=_

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I told my wife the same tonight. Are these kinds of restrictions useful for a guy willing to go to this extreme to kill innocent people? Just really seems the only way to make any of this type of thing effective would be via confiscation/buy backs because there is just so much out there; but, I’m way, way out of my lane here to be clear and only guessing.
    It would go as poorly banning anything else people want.

Name:  747CD346-E9E0-4F6D-976A-3D9D8B02BD06.jpeg
Views: 488
Size:  42.0 KB

It would go as poorly banning anything else people want.

Name:  747CD346-E9E0-4F6D-976A-3D9D8B02BD06.jpeg
Views: 488
Size:  42.0 KB
    Are you suggesting that a ban would only limit access by law abiding citizens and have little impact on availability to criminals?

I'm shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    This is a hateful thought, but I wonder who the outcry would be from if those officers kind of swapped guns around so forensics couldn't confirm for sure who fired the shot, stood the guy up against a solid backstop and said whoever wants can fire to hit him but we are all going to shoot on three. Then swap guns back.

Not a very rule of law or Christian thought, but it entered my mind.

Would the media portray it as more gun violence? Who would protest - liberals? conservatives? BLM? the ACLU? (probably for sure - not being snarky) Mothers Against Gun Violence? The Klan? The Aryan Nation?
    While I am just as disgusted as others are by this cowardly act, do you really think that vigilante justice and summary execution is the answer to the tragedy that we are witnessing? At best, what you describe is the peak of the proverbial slippery slope that ends with mob rule and a departure from everything that makes this nation great.

As for what the groups listed might think of what you've proposed, whatever they might think of it, their thoughts would not rise to the level of the atrocity of depriving someone of their right to due process through summary execution.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Since we live in the Buffalo area, this is little close to home, and the last weekend we were driving pretty close by. I opined about why the officers didn't shoot him and my wife made a reasonable point. Since these sort of folks interact, it is important to find out what he knows and possible co-conspirators. A local institution I attend was receiving ethnic threats a few weeks ago and sent out a warning to members and had police presence for a bit and the FBI around. Thus, it is good to scope out what he knows. The Federal death penalty can come later if that is in the legal cards.

The copy cat aspect is well known for many years. Columbine syndrome was brought up by the social scientists, like criminologists especially since Columbine. They railed against sensationalist coverage as future monsters studied previous incidents as this guy did. For the suicidal prone, it gave them what is known as vicarious reinforcement from social learning theory. Even though they die, they imagined the public response, grief, and pain they caused and wanted to. That was a reward before their own death. Of course, the ones who didn't plan to death were about basking in their 'glory'. For the suicidal, a warrior's death was appealing - your death was a sacrifice for their perceived greater good, in this case - racist causes. Just killing yourself is being a loser. A good pop book on predicting such is Trigger Points by Follmax. If you know the area it's not new and it has a touch of gun control but not it's main emphasis. It's more of the attempts to come up with predictive criteria for these shooters and how they are really difficult and many have failed.

So none of this is new and lots of us know this.

The firearms aspect - some thoughts occur to me:

1. What did the parents know? Accumulating weapons in a disturbed kid is a sign, many instances of that.
    2. Who modified the gun and what criminal and civil processes will be evoked? Modifying a gun that is going back to NYS to violate the SAFE act - if you knew that - how does that play? I certainly can see the civil suit against a smith.
    3. Incidents like this make the attempt by gun writers and industry folks to call ARs - modern sporting rifles is more and more ridiculous. Their ownership must be defended on grounds other than sport.

Just some thoughts.

User Tag List