Page 675 of 807 FirstFirst ... 175575625665673674675676677685725775 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,750 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Reposted from TBL to general discussion with personal comments that aren’t related to policing since I am not the police.

Dude disarms an attacker and ends up getting shot by the police who are responding to the scene. Cops don’t know what happened inside the store. I actually practice dropping my gun, but don’t know if I would have been able to process that officer’s commands fast enough to avoid being shot if I was also still fighting with guys I had just disarmed. Sometimes everybody at the table gets served a shit sammich

Site Supporter
    Rampage shooting at Tops supermarket in Buffalo. About 15 miles from me. 10 Killed, details sketchy. Might have been live fed by shooter in tac gear, in custody. But all is unclear.

Local newscaster is reasonably upset as her husband was in the store an hour before this happened.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/t...home-top-story

If correct, white guy in African-American neighborhood, in tactical gear and a military helmet. Seemed to want to kill himself but tackled by police in parking lot.

Police conference - 18 year old white guy, not from here. Drove several hours to get here. Was engaged by retired officer who was security. He got round on him but the guy had body armor. The retired officer was killed. Killer went outside and was posturing to kill self when tackled by BPD.

Sheriff and FBI - says racially motivated hate crime. Racially motivated extremist.

10 dead, 3 wounded.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 05-14-2022 at 05:02 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Rampage shooting at Tops supermarket in Buffalo. About 15 miles from me. 10 Killed, details sketchy. Might have been live fed by shooter in tac gear, in custody. But all is unclear.

Local newscaster is reasonably upset as her husband was in the store an hour before this happened.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/t...home-top-story

If correct, white guy in African-American neighborhood, in tactical gear and a military helmet. Seemed to want to kill himself but tackled by police in parking lot.

Police conference - 18 year old white guy, not from here. Drove several hours to get here. Was engaged by retired officer who was security. He got round on him but the guy had body armor. The retired officer was killed. Killer went outside and was posturing to kill self when tackled by BPD.

Sheriff and FBI - says racially motivated hate crime. Racially motivated extremist.

10 dead, 3 wounded.
    Articles says shooter was wearing a go-pro type camera and they are checking to see if he live streamed the shooting.

More on Buffalo shooting

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...lly-motivated/

This will stir up an anti-gun hornets nest. The press finally has themselves a white supremacist mass shooter.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    More on Buffalo shooting

This will stir up an anti-gun hornets nest. The press finally has themselves a white supremacist mass shooter.
    I saw one picture that showed a shotgun and bolt rifle in his vehicle — any idea what he did the shooting with?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    More on Buffalo shooting

Between the live stream, his alleged manifesto, and the fact that he apparently had a 14 written on his weapon this guy seems to be a straight up copycat of the New Zealand mosque shooter and the Elpaso Walmart shooter.

14 being a reference to “the 14 words” a white supremacy slogan: “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

The situation in Buffalo is absolutely horrific. I'll be interested to see if this was another shooter radicalized on one of the image board type websites. It seems they truly are breeding grounds for white supremacist mass shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    The situation in Buffalo is absolutely horrific. I'll be interested to see if this was another shooter radicalized on one of the image board type websites. It seems they truly are breeding grounds for white supremacist mass shooters.
    Many of the white supremacist shooters recently have used these types of sites to become radicalized and to post their manifestos. New Zealand mosque shooter, 2019 el paso walmart shooter, 2019, poway synagogue shooter, 2018 Pittsburgh synagogue shooter, and now this Buffalo shooting. All of these shooters quote "white replacement theory" which was characterized by a french author named Renaud Camus. This theory heavily used in European and US far right white nationalist/white supremacist groups as justification for violence. Very sick people.
    Last edited by shootist26; 05-14-2022 at 09:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Many of the white supremacist shooters recently have used these types of sites to become radicalized and to post their manifestos. New Zealand mosque shooter, 2019 el paso walmart shooter, 2019 poway synagogue shooter, and now this Buffalo shooting. All of these shooters quote "white replacement theory" which was characterized by a french author named Renaud Camus. This theory heavily used in European and US far right white nationalist/white supremacist groups as justification for violence.
    It’s an excuse to be violent and a horrible one at that. Unfortunately since the beginning of time dispossed usually young and usually male homosapiens have gone on violent killing sprees.

Look up the origins of the word AMOK. This is a behavior that happens cross-culturally. The wiki page ain’t a bad starter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_amok

This is a hateful thought, but I wonder who the outcry would be from if those officers kind of swapped guns around so forensics couldn't confirm for sure who fired the shot, stood the guy up against a solid backstop and said whoever wants can fire to hit him but we are all going to shoot on three. Then swap guns back.

Not a very rule of law or Christian thought, but it entered my mind.

Would the media portray it as more gun violence? Who would protest - liberals? conservatives? BLM? the ACLU? (probably for sure - not being snarky) Mothers Against Gun Violence? The Klan? The Aryan Nation?
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List