Page 612 of 803 FirstFirst ... 112512562602610611612613614622662712 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 8026

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/san-...lice-shooting/

Surprised I didn't see this on the national news with all the reports of shootings. Kind of too close to where I used to live.
    It was on national news. It was just overshadowed by the Indy fed ex shooting which occurred the same evening.

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapol...embers-injured

Minneapolis drive-by shooting leaves 2 National Guard members injured
    The Minnesota National Guard was activated to be part of 'Operation Safety Net'

Two Minnesota National Guardsmen have been injured following a drive-by shooting that occurred in Minneapolis during the early morning hours Sunday.

According to Minnesota National Guard spokesman Liutenant Colonel Scott Hawks, a team of Minnesota National Guardsmen and Minneapolis police officers were fired at by a light colored SUV at around 4:15 a.m. as they provided neighborhood security near Penn Avenue and Broadway.

Hawkins noted that one National Guard member was taken to a local hospital to receive treatment for lacerations from shattered glass, while the other was left with "superficial injuries."

Site Supporter
    From the bottom of the same article:

Another high-profile case that has contributed to protests over the weekend is the death of 13-year-old Adam Toledo, who was fatally wounded by an officer responding to a report of shots fired in the Little Village neighborhood of Chicago back in March.

Cook County prosecutor James Murphy was placed on paid leave Friday for failing to mention in a statement that Toledo had dropped a handgun he was holding before being shot by a Chicago police officer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    On the FedEx shooting, I read a report that a guy went to retrieve a gun from his truck and was shot. Any truth to that?

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ma...ot-and-killed/
    Don't know but what do you make of this ?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fedex-sho...le-pony-report

FedEx shooter Brandon Hole was obsessed with ‘My Little Pony’: report
    Posts on Brandon Hole’s since-taken-down Facebook page appear to indicate he was a member of the "Bronies" community

The teen who shot up an Indianapolis FedEx facility and killed eight people was reportedly part of a bizarre Internet subculture obsessed with "My Little Pony."

Posts on Brandon Hole’s since-taken-down Facebook page appear to indicate he was a member of the "Bronies" community — a group of mostly adult men who are extreme fans of the kiddie toys and animated television show, the Wall Street Journal reported.

Some members are sexually attracted to the characters, while the group also has allegedly displayed far-right tendencies.

"I hope that I can be with Applejack in the afterlife, my life has no meaning without her," Hole wrote on his Facebook page at 10:19 p.m. Thursday, less than an hour before his rampage began, the outlet reported.

The post included a photo of Applejack, a blond pony that is a main character on the show.

The name Brony is a mashup between "bro" and "pony" — and the group has a history of extremist tendencies, the outlet said, citing an internal Facebook memo they reviewed that detailed the post.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Don't know but what do you make of this ?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fedex-sho...le-pony-report

FedEx shooter Brandon Hole was obsessed with ‘My Little Pony’: report
    Posts on Brandon Hole’s since-taken-down Facebook page appear to indicate he was a member of the "Bronies" community

Wow that is crazy!

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Wow that is crazy!

Also my daughters are very familiar with various online fandom type groups and they feel the Bronies in general are left leaning and that the news report is cherry picking to fit the white supremacist narrative.

Also my daughters are very familiar with various online fandom type groups and they feel the Bronies in general are left leaning and that the news report is cherry picking to fit the white supremacist narrative.
    It's the standard media game of shaming of any outside of mainstream community, painting them as a bunch of dangerous extremist time bombs.
    Because the media is full of people too weak to be bullies in the classical sense, so they found an outlet for their bullying urge that is both socially acceptable and appropriate for their lack of physical prowess.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Wow that is crazy!
    But not unheard of:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...matter/613348/

Man fatally shot by sheriff’s deputy in Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Site Supporter
    Two more OIS in San Antonio yesterday.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021...side-shooting/

Two killed in South Side shooting involving SAPD officers, chief say

SAN ANTONIO – Two people are dead after two shootings at a home on the South Side, one of which involved officers, San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said.
    Officers were called to the 400 block of Clutter Avenue around 6 p.m. Tuesday for a shooting call.
    McManus said the homeowner and a friend were in the shed together. Then, the shooter drove up to the home, went to the shed and started firing, killing the homeowner. The friend was able to escape.
    When the five officers arrived to the scene, some responded in front of the home and some in the back.
    The chief said the officers who entered the property were met with gunfire coming from the person they say shot and killed the homeowner. Police then fired back, killing the shooter, McManus said.
    McManus said the homeowner’s wife was also able to fire shots at the gunman who killed her husband before police arrived.
    Police say the relationship between the gunman and homeowner is unclear, and they are still investigating a motive.
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021...officials-say/

VIA Transit police shoot, kill armed bus passenger, officials say
    Shooting reported near San Pedro and West Olmos

SAN ANTONIO – A man who allegedly was carrying a gun on a San Antonio bus was shot and killed by VIA Transit police officers on Tuesday evening.
    VIA Transit Police Chief Mark Witherell said two officers were called about the armed man who was on a bus traveling up San Pedro Avenue near West Olmos.
    When they arrived and boarded the bus, Witherell said “something transpired” that led the officers to open fire on the man.
    One of the officers has been on the force for roughly nine years, while the other has been with the department for one year, Witherell said.
    The shooting investigation will be handled by the San Antonio Police Department, who will present their findings to the Bexar County District Attorney’s Office.
    Witherell, who has led VIA Transit police for roughly five years, said there’s only been one other shooting during his tenure that involved one of his officers.

User Tag List