Page 520 of 806 FirstFirst ... 20420470510518519520521522530570620 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,200 of 8059

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Man with concealed-carry holds suspect, accused of crashing into cars

Charges are pending for a man accused of ramming his truck into cars at a Fort Mill plaza. The suspect was eventually stopped by another man with a gun.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/ma...-bay/987838134

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    There’s also been numerous folks who are questioning 1) Why were the HOMEOWNERS outside at 4AM and 2) Why one was armed whilest being outside at that time.
    But three armed teenagers out wandering the streets at 4am is no big deal amiright.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    But three armed teenagers out wandering the streets at 4am is no big deal amiright.
    In the past we would have been outraged that teenagers were out at 0400, masked and armed, looking to rob people. But the past is another country...
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    In the past we would have been outraged that teenagers were out at 0400, masked and armed, looking to rob people. But the past is another country...
    Clearly, they got lost and would have been home otherwise. They were in the process of turning their lives around, got disoriented and wandered the streets looking for a familiar landmark. No one could have seen this coming.

/s
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    https://www.kens5.com/mobile/article...1-b7ab0fdcd17d

SAPD officer fired his weapon at driver accused of following him
    The officer said that he immediately fired his duty weapon "in fear of his life."

SAN ANTONIO — One man is behind bars after police say he followed an off-duty SAPD officer and pulled a gun on him.

According to a preliminary report from the San Antonio Police Department, Officer Alonzio Hardin requested a supervisor over the radio after leaving an off-duty job. Hardin told his supervisor that a man, Anthony Colvin, 34, was following him.

He also mentioned that Colvin got in front of Officer Hardin's car and kept slamming on his brake.

Officer Hardin said he tried to keep his distance while he called 911 on his phone and pulled into a parking lot in the 11500 block of New Sulphur Springs in the hopes that Colvin would drive past him.

However, several minutes later, Colvin turned around and drove up to Officer Hardin who got out of his car to find cover since he was uncertain of Colvin's intentions.

Officer Hardin said that Colvin began yelling racial slurs and pointed a black handgun at him, per the preliminary report.

Officer Hardin said that he immediately fired his duty weapon "in fear of his life" and may have hit Colvin who drove off.

The Wilson County Sheriff's Department stated that they had Colvin at their hospital in Floresville who had a gunshot wound to his left shoulder.

Colvin has been charged with two counts of endangering a child and one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-19-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    being someone who in the not-too-distant future will hopefully have lots of his stuff stored at a location that he owns but does not visit on a regular basis say everyday, if I were on that jury I would have voted not guilty!

That being said, what do we think the result would have been if he had had, say, a two-way camera with audio capability hooked up to see exactly where the shot gun was pointed, shouted halt or something through whatever speakers are available, and then fired.
    I haven't looked at the jurisdiction, but in California that would be murder. There is no self-defense or defense of others justification. You would be intentionally killing someone to protect property.

Site Supporter

1 officer killed, 1 shot in head during Mandeville traffic stop

I don't understand why a story like this comes out (with no national media attention mind you) and people still want to criminalize officer use of force.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    I don't understand why a story like this comes out (with no national media attention mind you) and people still want to criminalize officer use of force.
    I only regret that the perp survived the encounter, rather than the other way around.

R.I.P. Capt. Liberto.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter

"Ain't no Mayberry's anymore".

Fuck that Michael Brown wannbe piece of shit waste of oxygen.

This happened in Gaines county recently:

https://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Ga...511726372.html
    Last edited by fixer; 09-22-2019 at 10:43 AM.

User Tag List