Page 517 of 807 FirstFirst ... 17417467507515516517518519527567617 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,170 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Wow, he continued to unload (literally) on him after he was down. If it did go to trial, I’d be concerned how a jury would perceive this video. I’d also be concerned with how / why it got leaked.
    It can be mitigated.

Down does not mean effectively subdued when the opponent is armed with a firearm. Video does not always tell the whole story.

Two factors at play here:

You can still shoot from the ground. The fact that “down and disabled” training is standard practice in LE is a testament to this.

The other is “dead man walking” syndrome. Barring a central nervous system hit, even people with unsurvivable wounds will remain conscious and able to pull a trigger for a few seconds to a few minutes.

Kyle DeFoor’s “timers and switches” analogy (bleeding out vs CNS hits) is applicable here.

Not to mention things look a little different when you are staring down the barrel of a gun.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-02-2019 at 01:52 PM.

The extra 3 seconds of mag dump look pretty callous until you see the employee daintily running away after slide lock.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 09-02-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Wow, he continued to unload (literally) on him after he was down. If it did go to trial, I’d be concerned how a jury would perceive this video. I’d also be concerned with how / why it got leaked.
    You’re looking at the video from an elevated position that provides a much wider perspective than what the employee saw. From his angle, the employee could not see the assailant’s hands and was looking over a counter.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It can be mitigated.

Down does not mean effectively subdued when the opponent is armed with a firearm. Video does not always tell the whole story.

Two factors at play here:

You can still shoot from the ground. The fact that “down and disabled” training is standard practice in LE is a testament to this.

The other is “dead man walking” syndrome. Barring a central nervous system hit, even people with unsurvivable wounds will remain conscious and able to pull a trigger for a few seconds to a few minutes.

Kyle DeFoor’s “timers and switches” analogy (bleeding out vs CNS hits) is applicable here.

Not to mention things look a little different when you are staring down the barrel of a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    You’re looking at the video from an elevated position that provides a much wider perspective than what the employee saw. From his angle, the employee could not see the assailant’s hands and was looking over a counter.
    Just to be clear, the moment his life was threatened, all bets were off. I have no issue with this video. I’ll bet the store employee had an adrenaline dump many never experience. I sympathize with him, and him only. But in a world of “safe spaces” and “I’m offended”, I’m wondering how they will perceive this. It sounds like it won’t go to jury, as it shouldn’t.

Our society has all kinds of goofy ideas about how violence should look based upon fiction from Hollywood. The Clerk was obviously in fear for his life and the robber callously pointed a gun at him with no regard for the victim's life. Armed robbery should be a profession with significant risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Off duty officer shoots non verbal dude with some sort of mental issues (and his parents) at the meat department of Corona Costco:

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...614-story.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/costco-...st-2019-06-16/

The story is so crazy I can't wait to hear the results of investigation.
    The investigation is still ongoing, but the courts are referring to the officer as "the suspect" and are barring the release of surveillance video to ensure a fair trial if the DA decides to prosecute.

The off duty officer was holding his 18 month old son while standing in line at a Costco sample table when he was pushed/shoved/struck from behind hard enough to fall to the floor and apparently sustain a concussion. The officer then drew his weapon, an argument allegedly ensued, and then he fired, striking the non verbal schizophrenic aggressor at least twice in the back as he fled, the schizophrenic's father in the kidney, and the schizophrenic's mother in the back. The mother & father have filed a claim against the city.

https://www.dailynews.com/2019/08/26...-ided-himself/
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 09-05-2019 at 03:20 AM.

Site Supporter
    http://seguingazette.com/alert/artic...sDyiYbeUdDjaYU

Testicle shot as man holsters gun

Guy trying to re-holster an M&P 9mm AIWB at indoor range shoots himself in the testicle.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-12-2019 at 09:44 AM.

This happed in years past posted in this very thread I believe. With AIWB being all the rage and the way I've seen people jamming striker guns into their holsters at ranges I am honestly surprised this doesn't happen more frequently. Guy is lucky it was only a testicle.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    This happed in years past posted in this very thread I believe. With AIWB being all the rage and the way I've seen people jamming striker guns into their holsters at ranges I am honestly surprised this doesn't happen more frequently. Guy is lucky it was only a testicle.
    This is the third AIWB related self inflicted GSW I’m aware of in the vicinity of San Antonio, one of which was fatal.

This is the third AIWB related self inflicted GSW I’m aware of in the vicinity of San Antonio, one of which was fatal.
    It's the firearms version of All hat, no cattle.

All gun, no testicles.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List