Page 389 of 807 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Minneapolis PD also just had bad publicity for a dog shooting (post 3866 this thread).

Don't know about anyone else, but someone shot a gun in front of me through my side of the car and there was not a horde of white walker zombies being led by Vladimir Putin riding Rosie O'Donnell, naked, I would shove that gun up his ass until I could clearly see the glow of its night sights through his nostrils.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Don't know about anyone else, but someone shot a gun in front of me through my side of the car and there was not a horde of white walker zombies being led by Vladimir Putin riding Rosie O'Donnell, naked, I would shove that gun up his ass until I could clearly see the glow of its night sights through his nostrils.
    This !!!

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Of course in the current circumstances you'd be branded racist against Somalis.

How do you like them tamales?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Of course in the current circumstances you'd be branded racist against Somalis.

How do you like them tamales?
    I can live with that. The voice on my GPS is an Australian female and in my mind she is hot. Last time I checked, it was Somalis who desecrated and drug the bodies of dead American soldiers through the streets of Mogadishu. #HotAussieChickLivesMatter #FawkSomalia
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

The nature of the call was, if the source was correct, regarding a possible sexual assault in progress. The officers SHOULD have expected a female complainant to suddenly appear. The female who did suddenly appear was the reportee/witness, not the complainant. Shooting one's complainant, witness, or reportee, is a fundamental mission failure, even if it can, somehow, be explained/excused/justified.

As for the passenger officer, shooting across the front of his partner, who was driving, to engage a target outside the driver's door, well, if true, that violates several fundamental rules of gun-handling and gun-fighting. Locally, we call it a "manifest safety hazard."

I can think of several reasons why the body-worn cameras might not have been recording, but simply do not have enough information to speculate. Perhaps the officers were about to start recording, anyway, but were caught off-guard. Or, perhaps they had not yet seen a reason to start recording, and were caught off-guard. Or, perhaps they had been recording, and having found nothing, had already stopped recording, before the reportee suddenly appeared, and caught them off-guard. Perhaps their camera batteries had already been depleted. (Our issued, piece-of-junk Watch Guard cameras have had notoriously poor battery performance, sometimes dying before mid-shift.)

I empathize with the officers regarding the body-camera aspect. I am empathetic, but also deeply concerned, when I see that a one-year officer is partnered with a two-year officer. Rookies riding with near-rookies can be a case of the blind leading the blind.

To be clear, I am NOT defending the actions of the officer who shot the unarmed woman. I do not know enough of the truth, yet, to defend or condemn. I have been at real-life scenes, and then later read the news media accounts, enough times to know that best-guess fiction passes as journalism these days.
    Last edited by Rex G; 07-22-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Site Supporter
    Not a shooting incident, but, I didn't want to start a new thread...

Let's call this a "Standing Up Incident".

Country Artist, Jamey Johnson, Cancels House Of Blues Concert after Venue Ban Guns

You may or may not have heard about the incident so if not, here’s the “crib-note” version. It appears that HOB placed a metal detector between the band’s bus and the artist entrance to the venue. Jamey refused to be disarmed and was denied entry into the club without going through the detector. As a result, concert promoter Live Nation and HOB announced the cancellation of the show after each party “stuck to their guns.” Drummer, TC Coleman, made the following statement regarding the incident:
    .... SNIP ...
    “We did not come to House of Blues to be treated like we are going to kill the fans. If someone came backstage to harm anybody you better pray there is a Jamey Johnson type individual around.”
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Officer shot during struggle with home invasion suspect, one dead

SAPD officers responded to a home invasion call just after 12 a.m. Wednesday morning in the 6100 block of Ingram Road. Once on scene, several officers were able to locate three suspects near the back of the complainant's complex in a parked vehicle.

While one of the officers attempted to arrest one of the suspects, the second officer tried to take the front seat passenger into custody. Both suspects resisted arrest.

According to SAPD Public Information Officer Jesse Salame, while both officers struggled with the two suspects, a third suspect emerged from the back seat of the vehicle.

The third suspect pulled out a handgun and opened fire on Officer Becerra who was struggling with the suspect who had been behind the driver's seat, said Salame.

Beccera, was struck two times; once in the abdomen and once in the leg, Salame said.

According to Salame, despite being wounded, Beccera managed to retreat for cover and he along with the secondary officer were able to return fire on the armed suspect.
    The suspect who was shooting was hit by multiple rounds fired from the officers and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
    With San Antonio police burying Det. Benjamin Marconi and Officer Miguel Moreno in the last year, this latest shooting of a police officer has many neighbors saying, enough.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/offi...dead/459585318
    Last edited by HCM; 07-26-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Officers Serve Warrant on Wrong Address--Tragic Results (Southaven MS)

Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

That's simply unacceptable.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List