Page 729 of 807 FirstFirst ... 229629679719727728729730731739779 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,290 of 8061

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Crap! Colorado is back in the news for a mass shooting.

5 dead and 18 injured.

https://gazette.com/news/crime/break...5b85cf2cd.html

They caught the dude. And maybe administered a little instant justice.
    Other articles mention that he was a barricaded suspect last year. It was a few blocks from my old house. SWAT locked the block down for hours, my neighbor and I walked over to check it out. Think it was a bomb threat or something. He eventually came out but supposedly the case was sealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5 dead and 18 injured.

Please do not use the anti gun media term “mass shooting”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Other articles mention that he was a barricaded suspect last year. It was a few blocks from my old house. SWAT locked the block down for hours, my neighbor and I walked over to check it out. Think it was a bomb threat or something. He eventually came out but supposedly the case was sealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Bomb threat and making improvised explosives in furtherance of the threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Please do not use the anti gun media term “mass shooting”
    You are correct. "Mass murder" would have been the proper term.

5 dead and 18 injured.

Latest reports are now putting the number of wounded at 25. Sounds like the police were on scene within minutes and several club patrons went hands-on with the killer to prevent additional loss of life.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/off-duty-...using-drop-gun

Off-duty Vermont sheriff's deputy shot by police in New York after refusing to drop gun
    Body camera footage appeared to show the deputy refusing to drop his gun before cops in upstate New York opened fire

An off-duty Vermont sheriff's deputy was shot by police in upstate New York on Sunday after he exchanged fire with a group of men.

The shooting, which happened at around 3 a.m. on Sunday, came after Saratoga Springs Police responded to another shooting.

The deputy was shot by police multiple times, after he ignored commands from the officers to drop his firearm, according to police and the mayor.

"By my count, there are at least eight separate, clear, unequivocal commands to put the gun down and get on the ground," Saratoga Springs Public Safety Commissioner James Montagnino said at a press conference. "They are all ignored."

No Saratoga Springs officers were injured in the shooting, police said.

The shooting beforehand involving the deputy and the group of men left two people injured. That shooting was sparked by an argument. A woman believed to be the deputy’s girlfriend suffered a graze wound and a man involved in the altercation was also injured.

Three people had allegedly slammed the deputy into a parked vehicle before then pushing him to the ground. The deputy then pulled out a gun and exchanged gunfire with a member of the group who also had a firearm.

Officers nearby heard the gunshots and rushed to the scene, where they spotted the deputy holding a leveled handgun.

The deputy ignored multiple orders from officers to put down his weapon, and police then proceeded to open fire. He suffered 10 bullet wounds, but is unclear how many times he was shot as his injuries included entry and exit wounds.

He was transported to a hospital and is listed as in stable condition.

Officers fired their weapons 11 times, according to police.

State police are involved in the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Off-duty Vermont sheriff's deputy shot by police in New York after refusing to drop gun
    Body camera footage appeared to show the deputy refusing to drop his gun before cops in upstate New York opened fire
    Oooof. My first thought is under stress could the deputy have believed the other cops were directing other people?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Oooof. My first thought is under stress could the deputy have believed the other cops were directing other people?
    Too little info to speculate.

As mentioned in another thread, a search of the Officer Down Memorial Page by cause of death for Gunfire, unintentional yields over 600 hits. it happens.

I moved some posts to the Politics subforum (site supporters only).
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

In watching the video, it appears this was almost a double friendly fire incident. A second uniformed Saratoga Springs officer appears to run directly through the first officers line of fire as she is firing.

User Tag List